PDA

View Full Version : 02 75 cdt p1260 code

gary2014
22nd March 2015, 19:19
Hi all

Went to start my rover up last night and unusually it took a few attempts to start and there was a whirring from under the bonnet which i have never heard before but the car ran fine.This morning went to take it out ,it started fine but once i got to 70mph it was holding back and started to surge and drop speed even with my foot flat to the floor.I pulled over and got the rac out and they put a code reader on which gave the code p1260 pre fuel pressure control.Can anyone shed any light on this please?
Many thanks
Gary

Billy1mate
22nd March 2015, 19:22
How much fuel is showing on the fuel gauge?

gary2014
22nd March 2015, 23:08
Sorry forgot to say its got just over half a tank in it when it started playing up.
cheers

Billy1mate
22nd March 2015, 23:11
It's possibly your under bonnet pump (UBP) failing then as its a fuel pressure fault code. With 1/2 a tank of fuel the in tank pump (ITP) might be working but it's worth checking it works. My UBP had fuel in the electric plug socket when it was on its way out.

gary2014
23rd March 2015, 08:31
Further to my thread last night iv now sussed out that the whirring/thrumming noise is coming from the under bonnet pump as you can feel it vibrating so whats peoples thoughts on this please?
thanks
Gary

Phil-T4
23rd March 2015, 08:37
Further to my thread last night iv now sussed out that the whirring/thrumming noise is coming from the under bonnet pump as you can feel it vibrating so whats peoples thoughts on this please?
thanks
Gary

Get a new one ;)

gary2014
23rd March 2015, 08:47
haha definitely sounds like a plan to me,i cant hear anything coming from the one under the seat though would this cause the ubp to pack up?

Phil-T4
23rd March 2015, 09:30
Yes it would as a failed in tank pump puts extra strain on the UBP one.

Best check and confirm if the in tank pump is ok or not, you may need to replace both of them :eek:

ninaandphil
23rd March 2015, 21:08
I had the same fault code a while back, turned out to be the in tank fuel pump had failed..... lift up the rear seat base, on the drivers side, you can see the cover over the pump, and when you turn the ignition you should be able to hear it priming the system quite easily... no noise .... no pump :-(