PDA

View Full Version : Possible ITP Failure? CDTi ZT-T

TetreRouge13
23rd March 2015, 19:30
First of all, my first thread on here.

Last night, almost within sight of home and after a good length drive when the car was behaving properly, the engine warning light appeared (the orange/yellow engine shaped one), followed by the engine cutting out. Car has now been recovered and is waiting to go to my local garage. It turns over ok but shows no interest in starting and I don't want to carry on with that. Feels like lack of fuel. I fitted a new UBP earlier this year, plenum is dry plus my ECU was checked by MarinaBrian around the time the UBP was renewed. It's been running ok since then, if you don't count the new clutch but that's another story. The ITP is probably the original and seemed to be working when the UBP was done. As a point of interest, the recovery bloke mentioned collapsed fuel filter. Anybody heard of this?
Does this sound like the ITP? I'd like to give the garage some pointers before they start spending my money for me and would appreciate some help.
Thanks in advance anyway.

marinabrian
23rd March 2015, 19:33
First of all, my first thread on here.

Last night, almost within sight of home and after a good length drive when the car was behaving properly, the engine warning light appeared (the orange/yellow engine shaped one), followed by the engine cutting out. Car has now been recovered and is waiting to go to my local garage. It turns over ok but shows no interest in starting and I don't want to carry on with that. Feels like lack of fuel. I fitted a new UBP earlier this year, plenum is dry plus my ECU was checked by MarinaBrian around the time the UBP was renewed. It's been running ok since then, if you don't count the new clutch but that's another story. The ITP is probably the original and seemed to be working when the UBP was done. As a point of interest, the recovery bloke mentioned collapsed fuel filter. Anybody heard of this?
Does this sound like the ITP? I'd like to give the garage some pointers before they start spending my money for me and would appreciate some help.
Thanks in advance anyway.

Change the fuel filter, I've experienced this on Rover Ron's old CDT ;)

Brian :D

TetreRouge13
23rd March 2015, 20:58
Interesting. Thanks for the reply Brian, just ordered one. Fingers crossed!

TetreRouge13
28th March 2015, 10:35
Just fitted new filter, still not working although fuel is emerging from the UBP when the ignition is on. About to check the plenum, bone dry last time I checked.

TetreRouge13
3rd April 2015, 18:49
Car is now more or less sorted. I had a visit from CHRIS750CB on here last Monday with a T4 test. Turned out the fuel pessure was way down and the UBP wasn't working although the power was there. Ordered a new pump (original MGR type) from the web and fitted today. After priming the engine started and runs smoothly. Result! Only thing now is to get Chris over here again to reset the engine management light which came on immediately before the engine cut out and is still there. Was hoping that having the battery out would reset but apparently not.

cb750chris
3rd April 2015, 19:14
If you want to pop along to this months local meet

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=203900

I will be there and should be able to plug you in and read your codes

TetreRouge13
4th April 2015, 11:04
Just been out "around the block" a couple of times and no sign of engine mamagement light now. I assume it's reset itself. Fingers crossed that's it (for the time being anyway!).

Chris, will try to get to Tuesdays meet. Might be useful to establish some contacts locally.