PDA

View Full Version : Oxfordshire MGOC...MGs IN THE PARK 2015

JEK
25th March 2015, 21:34
MGs IN THE PARK

Sunday 7th June 2015

Oxfordshire MG Owners Club invite you to enjoy a day out at their annual event, MGs IN THE PARK, which takes place within the fabulous Cotswold Wildlife Park, just 2 miles south of Burford on the A40 Oxford to Cheltenham road. Sat Nav OX18 4JP
See www.cotswoldwildlifepark.co.uk for Park details and directions.

ALL MGs, young or old, are welcome.

The park opens at 09.45.

The Oxfordshire club have an arrangement which allows all MGs and their drivers into the Park for FREE (passengers pay a reduced group rate. See the Park web site).

Once in the Park, entry for everyone to the 'MGs IN THE PARK' event is FREE as the Oxfordshire MG Owners Club makes no charge for entry to the show. You will have free access to all of the fabulous attractions that the Cotswold Wildlife Park has to offer including an amazing collection of wildlife, beautiful gardens, a restaurant, bar, shops and play park for the kids. You can even bring your dog along, but keep it on a leash. The lions may be hungry!

The MG event features the ever popular ‘Pride of Ownership’ competition with very smart trophies for the winners (a small entry charge of £3 applies) and there is also a 25 mile Cotswold run in the early afternoon which is always a favourite.
For those looking for that spare part for their MG, we hope to have a select group of traders and other associated stands to provide added interest.
Why not bring along a picnic and enjoy the day. And while you are at it, clear out the garage of these unwanted MG bits and offer them for sale beside your MG. You could make a bob or two.
So whether your MG is old or modern, come along and join in the fun.

There is no need to book in advance. Just turn up from 09.45 onwards on the day and enjoy this MG event.

If you need further information, check out our web site
www.oxfordshiremgoc.co.uk

PLEASE NOTE -- if you are attending in a Rover 75 as a member of the 75/ZT club, please print out the club logo and display it on the windscreen of your car so that the Park staff at the pay booth know that you are part of the club and the driver and car will be allowed in Free, same as the MG ZTs

We would be pleased to welcome you on the day.

JEK

JEK
29th March 2015, 21:16
Would like to think I can be there again this year with my MG Montego 2.0i.

It would be great to have the Montego there.
I remember I had one of these as a company car when I worked for Unipart in the 80's.

There's someone in the next street to me has 2 Montegos, MG versions I believe, sitting outside in their drive. Both certainly need some TLC and haven't moved in a few years now. What a waste!:shrug:

basil
31st March 2015, 16:04
There's a "Front Wheel Drive Register" Run from Cowley to Gaydon on 4th April.

JEK
2nd April 2015, 23:14
That is sad especially given their ever increasing value now, if you have a minute & you see the owner could you (assuming they use the internet) give them this link http://www.maestro.org.uk/forums/

or if they don't try & get some info please.

I was at MG's in the Park last year (most years infact since 2004) & entered the P.O.O though the judging was very poor as my car was beaten by a much lesser example & the reason was because I won a prize the year before!! Stupid idea as it should be on the merits of the car rather than who did or didn't win the year before or have a MASTERS Class for those who may have won previously!

I am most surprised at the Pride of Ownership situation you describe.
I have a committee meeting organised for this year's event and will ask about the judging in 2014.
As you may be aware, we have 3 people judging and these are very reliable and knowledgeable club members. Class winners are NOT excluded from winning again if they won in the past. Just one example of this is the young lady from South Devon who has a fabulous MG ZR and has lifted the trophy for 3 years that I know of.
I know that your car is indeed very smart and certainly must be a serious contender in any competition.
I hope you will be along on the 7th.
JEK

FLYING BANANA
26th April 2015, 20:04
I'll be there with Banana and I'll be in the P.O.O again.

gazzv6
3rd June 2015, 19:59
The zt that won pride of ownership last year was mine , it won because the judges liked it and when u leave a car in a hedge in a scrap yard for 6years that's how the paint turns out , maybe you should think befor giving negative comments about somebody's car , and my mrs was so pleased to off won then u go with negative comments she doesn't want to enter now , hope to see you there this weekend ,

Lynyrd Skynner
3rd June 2015, 20:39
Well I dont know really what to say ........other than that is my opinion if it has upset you than Iam sorry but I am entitled to it , just for the record when I had the Spectre ZT the amount of people I had say to me " that colour is horrible , girlie colour " yes I was upset but you cannot go around shouting at people because they don't like your car , take it on the chin and move on ....

" hope to see you there this weekend " not sure what to make of that little sentence

FLYING BANANA
3rd June 2015, 20:54
At the end of the day it is down to the judges to decide what car wins.

I go to meets to meet and talk to fellow mind owners. I do not go just to enter my car Pride Of Ownership just to win or get the hump if I lose. The first time I entered Banana I was beaten by an Xpower Grey ZT, "The Corgi Car". Many a comment has been made about Banana good or bad.

I advised Niki & Gary to tell the judges about the the history of "Scrappy". That probably swayed the judges. If I had not advised Niki then "Redfive" would have won outright.

I was happy that Niki's & Gary's car had won, not bitter. This year "Banana" and "Redfive" will be in the Pride Of Ownership. The first year that Ian took "Redfive" he won Best Modified and he beat Gary & Niki's car.

So on Sunday just shake hands and let it be.

I'm friends with you both and wish to remain so.

Lynyrd Skynner
3rd June 2015, 21:01
I have made a public apology in the general forum ....

FLYING BANANA
3rd June 2015, 21:04
I've seen it Steve. Hopefully Gary will reply to it. Thanks for that.

Ian G
3rd June 2015, 21:15
at the end of the day it is down to the judges to decide what car wins.

I go to meets to meet and talk to fellow mind owners. I do not go just to enter my car pride of ownership just to win or get the hump if i lose. The first time i entered banana i was beaten by an xpower grey zt, "the corgi car". Many a comment has been made about banana good or bad.

I advised niki & gary to tell the judges about the the history of "scrappy". That probably swayed the judges. If i had not advised niki then "redfive" would have won outright.

I was happy that niki's & gary's car had won, not bitter. This year "banana" and "redfive" will be in the pride of ownership. The first year that ian took "redfive" he won best modified and he beat gary & niki's car.

So on sunday just shake hands and let it be.

I'm friends with you both and wish to remain so.

what he said !!!!!