PDA

View Full Version : Kings Lynn Meet Food Thread

MrDoodles
26th March 2015, 20:59
Well after a few requests to see if the Hotel would provide proper sit down meals (it's normally bar snacks from 12-2) after visiting the Hotel and leaving various messages for someone to phone me, I finally spoke to someone today who will move this forward! :}

They don't normally have a chef there on a Sunday, as it's a quiet day for them, however, they will of course, if it's worth their while! ;)

So, a quick request from attendees, how many of you would like a proper sit down meal and what sort of thing would you like to eat? :shrug:

If people can post on this thread their thoughts please and I will provide the Hotel with feedback and this may become a reality! :}

So over to you guys, if you want it, let me know and I'll try and organise it for you! ;)

klarzy
26th March 2015, 22:08
Well after a few requests to see if the Hotel would provide proper sit down meals (it's normally bar snacks from 12-2) after visiting the Hotel and leaving various messages for someone to phone me, I finally spoke to someone today who will move this forward! :}

They don't normally have a chef there on a Sunday, as it's a quiet day for them, however, they will of course, if it's worth their while! ;)

So, a quick request from attendees, how many of you would like a proper sit down meal and what sort of thing would you like to eat? :shrug:

If people can post on this thread their thoughts please and I will provide the Hotel with feedback and this may become a reality! :}

So over to you guys, if you want it, let me know and I'll try and organise it for you! ;)

Sunday roast for under £15.00 a head... and the time to eat it Mark...;)

maybe easiest to ask them for a BBQ...

freddie
27th March 2015, 16:48
As Pete says Sunday roast at a reasonable price. gets my vote

Georgies Dad
27th March 2015, 17:09
Nice roast dinner for me,with lashings of gravy

MrDoodles
27th March 2015, 22:03
Any more takers guys, as I doubt they'd employ a chef for the day just to do three roast dinners? :shrug:

klarzy
27th March 2015, 22:08
Any more takers guys, as I doubt they'd employ a chef for the day just to do three roast dinners? :shrug:

tried posting t the other meet thread Mark?

MrDoodles
27th March 2015, 22:10
tried posting t the other meet thread Mark?

Yeah, good idea Pete, I'll post a link to here! :}

coolcat
27th March 2015, 22:29
Roast dinner sounds like a plan to me:drool4::}

klarzy
27th March 2015, 22:30
Roast dinner sounds like a plan to me:drool4::}

No sprouts though...!! :getmecoat:

coolcat
27th March 2015, 22:31
No sprouts though...!! :getmecoat:

Now now, you know sprouts should be a weekly event ;):D

klarzy
27th March 2015, 22:32
Now now, you know sprouts should be a weekly event ;):D

For prisoners and those on ASBO's, absolutely...

freddie
29th March 2015, 07:47
Not many takers for lunch yet.
looks like sandwiches again:D

MrDoodles
29th March 2015, 07:49
Not many takers for lunch yet.
looks like sandwiches again:D

Sadly I would have to say that it's unlikely that they'll do a Sunday roast for 5 people, but I'll leave this up for a bit longer before I contact them again! :(

Any more takers for some food requests? :shrug:

Doesn't just have to be a Sunday roast! ;)

klarzy
29th March 2015, 08:22
I would bring the lady K & k jnr.
So 7

freddie
29th March 2015, 14:26
Sadly I would have to say that it's unlikely that they'll do a Sunday roast for 5 people, but I'll leave this up for a bit longer before I contact them again! :(

Any more takers for some food requests? :shrug:

Doesn't just have to be a Sunday roast! ;)

Burger and chips

MrDoodles
29th March 2015, 14:29
Burger and chips

Thanks Freedie!

I'll add that to the list mate!

freddie
29th March 2015, 14:35
Thanks Freedie!

I'll add that to the list mate!

After noon Mark.
Another coming on the other thread may be time to put a list up to see how many are likely to come.;)

Gino
29th March 2015, 18:36
Beve and I will have roast dinner, unfortunately it would have to be a chicken roast as Beve is picky.

Thanks,

Rob

maxi_crawf
29th March 2015, 19:04
you can put me down for a Sunday roast as well.

MJx220
2nd April 2015, 21:19
mmmm!! I love a sunday roast!
count me in! (finance dependent)

MrDoodles
3rd April 2015, 14:53
Sorry to be a nuisance, but can I ask members who've posted on this thread to let me know whether they will attending alone or with partners, as I need to firm up the numbers with the Hotel soon! :}

klarzy
3rd April 2015, 14:55
Sorry to be a nuisance, but can I ask members who've posted on this thread to let me know whether they will attending alone or with partners, as I need to firm up the numbers with the Hotel soon! :}

3 of us....

MrDoodles
3rd April 2015, 15:31
3 of us....

Thanks Pete! :}

I'll be up-dating the 1st post with numbers over the weekend. ;)

Gino
3rd April 2015, 15:33
Beve and I will be coming

freddie
3rd April 2015, 15:45
Just one for me Mark.

whitevanman
3rd April 2015, 17:28
A roast would be nice or whatever really and i'll be on my own this time round..

Thanks

Georgies Dad
3rd April 2015, 17:59
1 for me Mark

Mr_Shed
3rd April 2015, 23:26
I'm looking to attend with Aaron too, we both be interested in dinner if still available.

freddie
4th April 2015, 07:11
just a bump,
In case you missed it.

coolcat
4th April 2015, 07:49
Fingers crossed it will be Ros and I for lunch:drool4:

Jay
4th April 2015, 10:49
One for me too please Mark. Burger and chips if possible :bowdown:

klarzy
4th April 2015, 11:22
One for me too please Mark. Burger and chips if possible :bowdown:

God you know how to live Jay...;)

maxi_crawf
4th April 2015, 12:17
Just one for me.

Jay
4th April 2015, 14:19
God you know how to live Jay...;)

I was going to go for the lobster with a vintage wine Pete but it gets a bit much every other day ;) :D

jonty
4th April 2015, 17:06
i don't mind a nice roast,so you can put me down please

beejay
4th April 2015, 17:22
Just one for me Mark, roast if available

klarzy
4th April 2015, 17:23
I was going to go for the lobster with a vintage wine Pete but it gets a bit much every other day ;) :D

Maccy D with BK on alternate days??:D :puke:

Anthony & Maricel
4th April 2015, 20:42
Me and Maricel will have a roast dinner.

Jay
5th April 2015, 01:36
Maccy D with BK on alternate days??:D :puke:

I wouldn't touch that **** Pete :D

If a roast is easier then I'll go for that ;)

MJx220
7th April 2015, 09:06
Hey All, posted about it on the main thread for the meet but thought id post here too! me and my dad will be coming along so +2 for dinners :)

gary b
11th April 2015, 13:50
2 for dinner pleas :bowdown:

freddie
12th April 2015, 07:35
Mark alert

how is the food situation looking?

MrDoodles
12th April 2015, 08:07
Mark alert

how is the food situation looking?

Morning Freddie

Compiling all food requests and ringing Hotel tomorrow to get pricing and then will post the response I get.

Been REALLY busy at work, so haven't had much chance before now! :(

Don't worry, I'll sort it! ;)

freddie
19th April 2015, 08:05
Any news yet Mark.

klarzy
19th April 2015, 19:29
Hi Mark,
Krs Klarzy& Jnr will not be able to attend so can you take them off the list please, I will still be there..

whitevanman
19th April 2015, 19:36
Hi, Can you remove me from the food list as unfortunately I will now not be attending.

Thanks
Steve

MrDoodles
20th April 2015, 16:01
Any news yet Mark.

Just got off the phone with the Hotel! ;)

Apologies for the delay, but I'm currently working six days a week and been really busy at work, so hadn't had much chance to chase this! :(

Well there's good news and bad news, so I'll go with the bad news 1st! :(

The Hotel no longer employ a Chef, so no chance of a Sunday Roast I'm afraid! :(

However, the guy I've been speaking with (Ashleigh) used to be a Cook and will be in the kitchen to prepare food with another member of staff, for anyone wanting a sit down meal.

It's a bit "pub grub" but better than nothing, especially if you've travelled a few miles to attend the meet! ;)

To give people an idea of what's available, there's a brief (and not definitive) list below;

Cheese Burger, Onions and Chips
Steak and Ale Pie
Lamb Shank
Wild Mushroom Pasta
Fish Cake
Toad in the Hole
etc.

What Ashleigh has said though, is that if you do want a sit down meal, let them know at reception as soon as you arrive and they will allocate times and tables on a 1st come 1st served basis, as it's not a massive Restaurant and they are doing this as a favour for us.

Bar snacks between 12-2 remain the same if you want something a bit less filling! ;)

Not exactly what we wanted, but better than nothing and I look forward to seeing everyone on Sunday! :}

Gino
20th April 2015, 20:06
Sorry due to my knee injury I will not be able to attend. I aim to make the next meeting though.

Rob