PDA

View Full Version : Tracking question for 75 & ZT

TigerAde
30th March 2015, 08:57
Morning guys, Right after a failed front wishbone due to U/S ball joint was replaced i had my car 4 wheel aligned.

Round the town the car is fine, but at speed on the motorway which is where i do most of my driving it's tramlining like mad and a few times i've nearly hit the car next to me.

I've rang the garage back to get it looked at asap but when i said it drove better before i don't think it went down well, lol.

Anyway, i have an MG ZT deisel with 18" Gridspokes and i've noticed on the print out on form the settings are for a R75.

I would think they should be different settings :shrug:

wuzerk
30th March 2015, 09:13
When i had chronic tramlining on a Mini it was because the tyres were low on tread, quite alarming but cured by fitting better tyres.

FrazzleTC
30th March 2015, 09:23
My 75 is doing this too, now it's on Serpents, and it's a 75. It's absolutely ruining my enjoyment of the car. I've even put a pair of new Dunlop Sportmaxxes on the front, and they've made no difference, other than give me reduced levels of road noise.

T-Cut
30th March 2015, 09:39
Anyway, i have an MG ZT diesel with 18" Gridspokes and I've noticed on the print out on form the settings are for a R75. I would think they should be different settings

Here's the specs for comparison.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y191/waveguide/Steering_Stuff/Wheel_Alignment_Specs.jpg

TC

TigerAde
30th March 2015, 09:43
Nothing wrong witn my tyres as it was fine before and i'm running top end Goodyears.

TigerAde
30th March 2015, 09:48
Many thanks T-Cut, is this information from Rover etc?

GeoffWW
30th March 2015, 09:56
Hi all,

Having seen the above, including the settings table, I thought the 4 wheel alignment had to be done with a full tank of fuel, even though the table states "unladen".

TigerAde
30th March 2015, 10:44
At the time mine was over 3/4 full, i beleive that's the way it souhld be set from reading other posts

T-Cut
30th March 2015, 13:04
Having seen the above, including the settings table, I thought the 4 wheel alignment had to be done with a full tank of fuel, even though the table states "unladen".

MGR's definition of unladen/kerb weight is the car without occupants and the fuel tank 90% full.

TC

T-Cut
30th March 2015, 13:14
Many thanks T-Cut, is this information from Rover etc?

Yes, it's from the authorised Workshop Manual.

TC

Neil1
30th March 2015, 13:18
Morning guys, Right after a failed front wishbone due to U/S ball joint was replaced i had my car 4 wheel aligned.

Round the town the car is fine, but at speed on the motorway which is where i do most of my driving it's tramlining like mad and a few times i've nearly hit the car next to me.

I've rang the garage back to get it looked at asap but when i said it drove better before i don't think it went down well, lol.

Anyway, i have an MG ZT deisel with 18" Gridspokes and i've noticed on the print out on form the settings are for a R75.

I would think they should be different settings :shrug:

Go to somewhere like ATS and have a computerised wheel alignment as you can get printouts of before and after.

TigerAde
30th March 2015, 14:42
It wasn't ATS I went to but I do have a print out of before and after.

T-Cut
30th March 2015, 15:41
- - - I've noticed on the print out on form the settings are for a R75. I would think they should be different settings

Post a scan of the print-out so we can check if the settings are in spec for the ZT.

TC

Anon3
30th March 2015, 17:07
It could just be that the tyres have worn unevenly and correcting the problem has highlighted the issue.

It might be worth swapping the fronts for the rears and see if that helps.