PDA

View Full Version : 75 Rear Tyre Wear

Fortune8
10th April 2015, 20:57
I have a 75 CDti. The N/S rear tyre is feathering on The outside edge. Does anyone have any thoughts on this. I think it mighy be either rear wheel tracking or the bearing is starting to fail. Any suggestions gratefully received.

bl52krz
10th April 2015, 21:20
Take it for four wheel tracking after you have checked for wear in all joints. The rear axle has to be tracked before the front.

shiner
10th April 2015, 21:40
Take it for four wheel tracking after you have checked for wear in all joints. The rear axle has to be tracked before the front.

Quite correct , as stated. Looks for a reliable garage with ideally a hunter system. Very reliable and accurate
Spend a large amount of my working day on one. Sounds like NSr toe,which is adjusted by moving the front mounting on the rear suspension after slacking off the 3x18mm bolts With the weight on the car , irc your looking for ideally around 8min toe in either side at the rear.

shiner
10th April 2015, 21:43
The cars thrust angle can only be correctly adjusted once the rear end is in spec, this can change the front adjustment even if all seemed ok prior to rear adjustment

Nickymousecymru
11th April 2015, 10:08
Check tyre pressure are correct too

T-Cut
11th April 2015, 11:30
Here's the specs

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y191/waveguide/Steering_Stuff/Wheel_Alignment_Specs_zpsx1leiguc.jpg

TC

Fortune8
13th April 2015, 22:46
Many Thanks to all who have given advice - much appreciated

I have a 75 CDti. The N/S rear tyre is feathering on The outside edge. Does anyone have any thoughts on this. I think it mighy be either rear wheel tracking or the bearing is starting to fail. Any suggestions gratefully received.

COLVERT
14th April 2015, 11:47
The feathering on my nearside rear tyre turned out to be the tyre itself.

With no adjusting, the replacement tyre has been on there for over two years with no abnormal wear at all.--:shrug: