PDA

View Full Version : Parking sensor(s) on 75 Tourer

minty2
12th April 2015, 10:14
BigRuss and I determined recently that one or more of the parking sensors on my tourer aren't working properly, hence the intermittent operation. With such cheap and recommended third party replacement of the whole thing now widely available (the CISBO 3364 is just £14 on EBay), I wonder if there's much point in repairing the existing installation. What do others think? Presumably if I go down that road, it's just a matter of disconnecting the original unit so that I don't get the continuous tone in reverse.

spyder
12th April 2015, 11:48
It is usually a simple case of replacing one or maybe two sensors (put your ear to them and listen for a tone), and checking the dodgy wiring behind the bumper. There is a connection on the O/F side inside the bumper, remove the tape, clean the contacts and reseal with tape or shrink-wrap.

Easy on a tourer, bumper off on a sedan.

Craig.

minty2
12th April 2015, 11:58
Agreed, but how much do replacement sensors cost and for that matter, where can I get hold of them? My guess is that each sensor will cost more than a complete replacement!

It is usually a simple case of replacing one or maybe two sensors (put your ear to them and listen for a tone), and checking the dodgy wiring behind the bumper. There is a connection on the O/F side inside the bumper, remove the tape, clean the contacts and reseal with tape or shrink-wrap.

Easy on a tourer, bumper off on a sedan.

Craig.

spyder
12th April 2015, 12:06
Agreed, but how much do replacement sensors cost and for that matter, where can I get hold of them? My guess is that each sensor will cost more than a complete replacement!

I paid £2 each at a scrappy, bought 4 and 3 were working. There are plenty out there.

minty2
12th April 2015, 12:32
Fair enough; I'll look some out.

I paid £2 each at a scrappy, bought 4 and 3 were working. There are plenty out there.

ardvark
12th April 2015, 14:53
How can you check if they are working OFF the car?

minty2
15th April 2015, 21:37
Good point. I guess you'd have to gamble that they were working and accept that not all will be! I wonder if alternative sensors will work with the factory fitted system?

How can you check if they are working OFF the car?