PDA

View Full Version : Diesel Hydromount Change

trebor
12th April 2015, 14:51
I have found some old threads on this but nothing very recent, my diesel vibrates on start up which is felt through the wheel and the seats, the lower engine mount has been changed so my next port of call was going to be the hydromount, but at almost £90 at Rimmers for a new OEM one I want to make sure my money is well spent.

So are there many owners out there who have had the same vibration issue changed the hydromount and solved the problem, and is there anything out there that does the trick but cheaper than £90 ?

wuzerk
12th April 2015, 15:06
No guarantees of course unless you have tried everything else but a new
one on my 03 CDT completely cured the vibes through the steering wheel and the seats. DMGRS was charging less than Rimmers so try him. You need the proper diesel type. Here is my how to...........straightforward job unless your
top black linkage has a large lump of iron welded to it (some do some don't)which prevents you from reaching the top nut on the Hydramount.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=201778

jim lee
12th April 2015, 15:08
trebor,

I cannot guarantee a change of hydramount will solve your problem but I had mine changed a year ago (a CDTi) because of a nasty vibration felt at the steering wheel, mainly at tickover. That was completely solved by the new mount. That was after hanging the lower mount, which gave no improvement. Good luck.

Arctic
13th April 2015, 23:54
I have found some old threads on this but nothing very recent, my diesel vibrates on start up which is felt through the wheel and the seats, the lower engine mount has been changed so my next port of call was going to be the hydromount, but at almost £90 at Rimmers for a new OEM one I want to make sure my money is well spent.

So are there many owners out there who have had the same vibration issue changed the hydromount and solved the problem, and is there anything out there that does the trick but cheaper than £90 ?

This is your huckle berry Rob, there is also a special tool to remove it but that costs more than the part :eek: job could be done at nano no doubt

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-ROVER-75-MG-ZT-MAIN-ENGINE-MOUNT-RH-SIDE-FOR-2-0-DIESEL-/171707625436?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item27fa926fdc

trebor
14th April 2015, 16:37
This is your huckle berry Rob, there is also a special tool to remove it but that costs more than the part :eek: job could be done at nano no doubt

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-ROVER-75-MG-ZT-MAIN-ENGINE-MOUNT-RH-SIDE-FOR-2-0-DIESEL-/171707625436?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item27fa926fdc

Thanks Steve, £67 for a block of rubber still sounds a lot to me !

It doesnt look new on the pic bit I am sure it must be as it says it is, might have to take the plunge !

Mike Noc
14th April 2015, 16:46
To be fair it isn't just a solid block of rubber - it is filled with glycol. :D

Phil-T4
14th April 2015, 17:43
And the special tool makes it so easy to change ;)

trebor
14th April 2015, 21:30
i might be getting persuaded here, if only it was a guarenteed cure

DMGRS
14th April 2015, 21:44
If you still need one drop me a PM, we can beat that eBay price. ;)

Arctic
14th April 2015, 21:56
i might be getting persuaded here, if only it was a guarenteed cure

Hi Rob.
I doubt anyone would guarantee it would sort out the problem just in case it is something else, but your car as reached the mileage to which they are prone to play up, if you have time between now and Saturday let me have a drive and see what it feels like, drop me text or give me a ring, or even after the POL ;)

Mike Noc
14th April 2015, 22:06
Steve if you are going to POL what colour is your ZT? Would be nice to put a face to name. :D

trebor
14th April 2015, 23:19
Hi Rob.
I doubt anyone would guarantee it would sort out the problem just in case it is something else, but your car as reached the mileage to which they are prone to play up, if you have time between now and Saturday let me have a drive and see what it feels like, drop me text or give me a ring, or even after the POL ;)

Hi Steve i will not be around till Friday lunchtime (ish ) could pop in on way home , will give you a call first

Mike , Steve's car is anthracite

Arctic
15th April 2015, 01:23
Steve if you are going to POL what colour is your ZT? Would be nice to put a face to name. :D

Mike a leading question so I have to say the best colour :D Anthracite I will be parked up with the nano boys ;)

http://i60.tinypic.com/2zyidqv.jpg

Mike Noc
15th April 2015, 06:43
Very nice it looks too. :D

hogweed
15th April 2015, 13:25
Sadly no guarantees Rob – mine vibrates (buzzes through the wheel etc) around 1700-2000rpm. Everybody here said it was the bottom mount – garage took it off, sure enough split – new one made a big difference for a couple of weeks, then gradually back to normal.

Everybody said it had to be the top mount – I got one cheaper from DMGRS, garage fitted it, again lasted for a few days, then back to vibe again.

Exhaust and everything checked, and all seems in order. I’m going to leave it at that – it’s not so bad I can’t live with it, and I’ve thrown enough money at this motor for now…

Number 6
11th January 2016, 19:12
Trebor did you ever resolve the problem you had ?

Did you change the Hydro mount ??:shrug: