PDA

View Full Version : ITP in diesel

RPWC
15th April 2015, 20:24
How easy to change? I just serviced the car and when I came to restart,it wouldn't fire.Took the fuel inlet off and it was spitting,like there was air in the system,took filler cap off with ign on,silent.:mad: So checked gauge,just on 1/4 full,bought a gallon and put it in,after a couple of mins,fuel was flowing freely,reconnected fuel filter,let it fill up,started the car no bother.

ninaandphil
15th April 2015, 20:30
I've done it, not to difficult, but it is fiddly, and you need to make a note of how the whole assembly fits into the tank, otherwise refitting is a pain. I just changed the pump, not the assembly. Took me a couple of hours and I'm no professional! Good luck, Phil

shodan70
15th April 2015, 20:31
hi ive just changed mine from scratch without a clue and as long as you take youre time i found it was easy

RPWC
15th April 2015, 20:45
hi ive just changed mine from scratch without a clue and as long as you take youre time i found it was easy

did you fit new or used? if new how much was it?

shodan70
15th April 2015, 20:49
i just fitted a new pump not the whole lot but i opted for a siemans vdo pump not a cheap one it cost just under a £100

stevestrat
15th April 2015, 20:52
Mat does one including seal for £75: http://www.dmgrs.co.uk/collections/fuel-filters/products/in-tank-fuel-pump-for-rover-75-mg-zt-cdti-up-to-04-2-pump-system

Need to be quick though, he's going away for a few days starting on the 20th.

shodan70
15th April 2015, 20:52
the whole unit is about £201 from eurocarparts or £180 of the bay

RPWC
15th April 2015, 20:57
Mat does one including seal for £75: http://www.dmgrs.co.uk/collections/fuel-filters/products/in-tank-fuel-pump-for-rover-75-mg-zt-cdti-up-to-04-2-pump-system

Need to be quick though, he's going away for a few days starting on the 20th.

that looks different from the original,is it just the insert?

RPWC
15th April 2015, 21:00
Is it worth fitting a used one or not?

stevestrat
15th April 2015, 21:06
that looks different from the original,is it just the insert?Says in the blurb "This is the module that fits within the in tank pump assembly - the part which commonly fails." so I presume it is the insert rather than the complete unit.

marinabrian
15th April 2015, 21:20
Don't jump to rash conclusions Richard, remember even if it is knackered it doesn't need to be changed immediately ;)
And I'm putting the emphasis on if here :}

Brian :cool:

RPWC
15th April 2015, 21:24
Thanks Brian,as per pm,will wait until you have had a look,enjoy the rest of your break.:D:D