PDA

View Full Version : MG ZT 2005 Fuse Box

tpdyson
16th April 2015, 11:40
Hello All,

I've been fitting the electric sun blind and centre arm rest AUX socket to my ZT. Everything is fitted and tested and i just need to make the permanent connection to Fuse 2 in the revised version of the fuse box. How do i do this? Does the terminal slide out somehow to solder or crimp the wires to it?

Any advice gratefully recieved!

Regards,

Tim

milford man
16th April 2015, 17:05
The terminal is held in by two tabs on the side. Not sure how easy it would be to remove. From the front you would have to slide a thin strip of metal either side of the terminal to release the barb.When I did mine I bought some new terminals and used a vacant slot (fuse 5). I got my terminals from http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/product.php/749/busbar-terminals-for-mini-blade-fuses There are two sizes. I bought the bigger size as I was using 2.5mm Cable.

Regards John

bubs
17th April 2015, 14:27
I think that terminal might be connected with some of the others along that row, look further in and you'll probably see the bar. I did the same as milford and used the aux socket fuse (4 i think).

here's a link to the thread i did on it, although i think the link on there are 404 now
how to aux socket (http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=180240)

Edit: Thinking about it those connectors that are connected on the same bar are the wrong side of the fuse to connect aux stuff to, if you attached it to one of those it wouldn't be fused!! Don't do that at home kids ;)

milford man
17th April 2015, 15:40
I think that terminal might be connected with some of the others along that row, look further in and you'll probably see the bar. I did the same as milford and used the aux socket fuse (4 i think).

here's a link to the thread i did on it, although i think the link on there are 404 now
how to aux socket (http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=180240)

Edit: Thinking about it those connectors that are connected on the same bar are the wrong side of the fuse to connect aux stuff to, if you attached it to one of those it wouldn't be fused!! Don't do that at home kids ;)
On mine there was a crimp terminal with no wire in Fuses 5 & Fuse 6. Fuse 5 is fed by a brown with a black tracer wire (NB) via a link bar and is permanently live. Fuse 6 is fed by a purple wire (P) via a link bar and is a switched ignition live. Crimp a new terminal to your wire and insert it in the unpopulated cavity of Fuse 5 or 6 depending if you need a permanent or switched live. Make sure you insert the terminal in the right orientation for the fuse to fit.

Regards John

tpdyson
18th April 2015, 15:27
Thanks for both those replies.

You are right about the link bar, i'll order the product highlighted. Fitted a spare piggyback fuse i had lying around for now but will revisit when i have all the bits i need.

Tim

PS, Found the wiring tucked up the side for the illuminated sun visors so thats another little job!