PDA

View Full Version : Information required please. :)

James.uk
18th April 2015, 14:44
I need detailed information on two projects please. :duh: :o

One:- How do I fit my new pedal box in my car, the biggy seems to be the back two floor fixings. (behind and each side of the brake pedal) How does one get too them??

Item two:- :o Anyone retrofitted a highline to a Mk1 diesel auto 75?? I need to know exactly what is involved please. :}

Thank you. :}

stocktake
18th April 2015, 14:48
Hi Line is a big big job.

See here

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=129573#post129573

James.uk
18th April 2015, 17:24
Thanks Dave. :}

I am "only" looking to fit the "information" side of things, not the TV-Satnav etc. Does that make the job any easier? :o

If.. It is a mega job then I will forget it, I have managed for 6 years without, and I only have a symphony radio fitted. But I rather fancied having the extra info it gives available.. :shrug: :}

James.uk
19th April 2015, 14:19
Bump....... ??? *crosses fingers* :D

chrissyboy
19th April 2015, 18:15
james have you tried disconnecting the maf and see if it drives better .the pedal would not be a problem as the sensors would read how far the pedal is down and ask for more fuel . the throttle postion sensor is what i would be looking at .when you lose power have you turned it off and started the car andthe power is back ?

James.uk
19th April 2015, 19:00
Hiya chrissyboy... :}

The car doesn't lose power, it is just slow to respond most of the time, but only at low revs, at 100 mph it will still push me back in my seat. (metaphorically speaking of course) :cool:

The new pedal kit should (fingers crossed) sort it... :}

James.uk
20th April 2015, 01:17
Bump... :D:D

chrissyboy
20th April 2015, 06:34
hi james i still say it has nothing to do with the pedal ,i would say the problem lays with the maf sensor http://tuning-diesels.com/index2n
(http://tuning-diesels.com/index2n)

James.uk
21st April 2015, 16:45
Hi Chrissyboy.. :)

Pulling the maf plug makes no difference.. :o Thanks anyway.. :}

chrissyboy
21st April 2015, 18:59
Hi Chrissyboy.. :)

Pulling the maf plug makes no difference.. :o Thanks anyway.. :}

it dont always make a diffrence james dispite what folk on here say .you need to get your guys to check the maf and see if its out of spec .any members near you that you can whip their one in to your car and see the diffrence .

James.uk
21st April 2015, 20:22
Well my cars booked in with Jules in a couple of weeks and should be sorted one way or another..

I will keep you posted.. :} Cheers...

vindaloo
22nd April 2015, 19:32
Thanks Dave. :}

I am "only" looking to fit the "information" side of things, not the TV-Satnav etc. Does that make the job any easier? :o

If.. It is a mega job then I will forget it, I have managed for 6 years without, and I only have a symphony radio fitted. But I rather fancied having the extra info it gives available.. :shrug: :}

Do you mean you only want the message centre instrument pack, if so quite easy.

James.uk
23rd April 2015, 17:02
Hi Vindaloo. :) yes just the message center bits. And a T4 to get the ECU up to date when it's fitted. :}

vindaloo
23rd April 2015, 18:20
Hi Vindaloo. :) yes just the message center bits. And a T4 to get the ECU up to date when it's fitted. :}

Speak to Rich17865, he can do the lot for you.

James.uk
28th April 2015, 15:34
Well the local garage fitted my pedals yesterday, and what a palaver it was!! :duh: In the end, to remove the pedals, the steering column had to be disconnected and moved over to one side, and putting the new pedals in was even more of a struggle!! :eek:

Not a job for the faint hearted... :o :o it doesn't require a lot of expertise, or even cost a lot of money, it is just one of those jobs that nothing goes where it should without a huge struggle... :mad:

But, on the bright side, the car drives better than ever now. :} Instant response innit.. :D :D :D

I already booked an appointment with Jules days ago, Partly because he is brilliant on our cars, and partly because I like to visit him at his place, it's very nice there innit.. :} :}

And - - - - Biscuits? :drool4: one never knows.... lol