PDA

View Full Version : EGR bypass

barney bear
19th April 2015, 20:24
Evening Gents, is it possible to blank the EGR off actually on the exhaust manifold? My flexi pipe has broken were it connects at the back of the engine and I'm not really wanting to replace if I can just put a plate over the hole in the manifold instead.

Any thoughts?

klarzy
19th April 2015, 20:41
Evening Gents, is it possible to blank the EGR off actually on the exhaust manifold? My flexi pipe has broken were it connects at the back of the engine and I'm not really wanting to replace if I can just put a plate over the hole in the manifold instead.

Any thoughts?

I used a 10 p piece...

RodgerD
19th April 2015, 20:41
Tin can lid cut to about 1" diameter between the egr and the exhaust pipe, remove the clamp and insert the disc, replace the clamp. Tin can is nice and thin and cheaper than a coin.

klarzy
19th April 2015, 20:43
Tin can lid cut to about 1" diameter between the egr and the exhaust pipe, remove the clamp and insert the disc, replace the clamp. Tin can is nice and thin and cheaper than a coin.

my time at £20 an hour means the time to cut it out weighs in at 4.75... coin is cheaper ;):D

RodgerD
19th April 2015, 21:15
my time at £20 an hour means the time to cut it out weighs in at 4.75... coin is cheaper ;):D

Free if you do it in your spare time.

barney bear
19th April 2015, 21:19
I used a 10 p piece...

Have you blanked yours off at the back of the motor Pete? I know about the coin trick at the base of the valve, but the flex at the back is my problem.

RodgerD
19th April 2015, 21:23
Have you blanked yours off at the back of the motor Pete? I know about the coin trick at the base of the valve, but the flex at the back is my problem.

Cut the pipe before the flex, put it in a vice and squash it, then fold over the end. Coin or tin can lid at the egr end.

klarzy
19th April 2015, 21:24

I did it before I got my bypass kit, mine like yours came adrift in the flexi and I used the 10 p trick until I could get the flexi brazed at work...

barney bear
19th April 2015, 21:32
Cut the pipe before the flex, put it in a vice and squash it, then fold over the end. Coin or tin can lid at the egr end.
Thanks very much:D
I did it before I got my bypass kit, mine like yours came adrift in the flexi and I used the 10 p trick until I could get the flexi brazed at work...
Cheers Mr Amazing Lights:eek: You've just stopped my blood pressure from going out the top of my head:D:p:

Arctic
19th April 2015, 21:56

Hi Tony.
please either replace the flex pipe or buy a blanking plate, not bodge up the job, you can get the flexi pipe for about £20 anyways, Arctic :}

http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/egr-blanking-plate?_trksid=p2045573.m2388

barney bear
20th April 2015, 04:53
Hi Tony.
please either replace the flex pipe or buy a blanking plate, not bodge up the job, you can get the flexi pipe for about £20 anyways, Arctic :}

http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/egr-blanking-plate?_trksid=p2045573.m2388

Thanks Steve, I'll be buying a blanking plate.:D