PDA

View Full Version : ECU and BHP question

jonathan63
20th April 2015, 16:27
I have a Connie SE HLnav Tourer with 131bhp (no longer road worthy) and a Connie SE with 114bhp.

Ill be breaking the HLnav 131 and want to know is I can simple swap the ECUs over to give my Connie SE an upgrade to 131bhp.

Is it this simple?

Jordan Apex
20th April 2015, 16:30
in a word no

jonathan63
20th April 2015, 16:35
******!
I was waiting for that.
What happened to the good old days when you took something off one car and stuck onto another. Everyone was happy then.:duh:

HarryM1BYT
20th April 2015, 16:58
The good old days, when they could drive off in a car by just breaking in and hot wiring it :eek:

The engine ECU has to be matched to various other ECU's and the mileage has to match too or it will be inhibited.

MarinaBrian (plus others) can sort your present ECU for 131, or 160 for a small contribution.

jonathan63
20th April 2015, 17:12
The good old days, when they could drive off in a car by just breaking in and hot wiring it :eek:

The engine ECU has to be matched to various other ECU's and the mileage has to match too or it will be inhibited.

MarinaBrian (plus others) can sort your present ECU for 131, or 160 for a small contribution.

Yeh, Marina brian (and others) seem to be the way to go. Just thought id ask just in case it was a simple plug and play with what i already have.

I loved the old days.

marinabrian
21st April 2015, 00:36
Send me your current ECM and I'll 160 it, and if you're dispensing with the services of the other car, well let's just say there will be a deal to be done with your old ECM ;)

Brian :D