PDA

View Full Version : 75 cdti vibrating and blue smoke help

botanix
21st April 2015, 12:05
Hi
When stationery car vibrates ( a lot ) at around 1500-2000 rpm, when I keep this rpm for few seconds ( 5 sec+ ) there is a lot of blue smoke coming from exhaust. I do not notice blue smoke when driving.

I recently cleaned egr but I am not sure if that could be the problem. I did not notice blue smoke before but then again, i never really tested it like that ( 1500-2000 rpm for few seconds ).

What could it be, what can i check?

spyder
21st April 2015, 12:10
Hi
When stationery car vibrates ( a lot ) at around 1500-2000 rpm, when I keep this rpm for few seconds ( 5 sec+ ) there is a lot of blue smoke coming from exhaust. I do not notice blue smoke when driving.

I recently cleaned egr but I am not sure if that could be the problem. I did not notice blue smoke before but then again, i never really tested it like that ( 1500-2000 rpm for few seconds ).

What could it be, what can i check?

Check all the pipework on the EGR again, both the vacuum and the clamp to the flexi-pipe.
Remove and clean your MAP sensor on the side of the inlet manifold.
Are your inter-cooler O-rings OK. (near the NS headlight)?

Injector cleaner and a good hard run?

botanix
21st April 2015, 13:05
Pipework is fine, I will check MAP and clean it.

botanix
23rd April 2015, 10:08
Hmm I changed front suspension arm ( excessive play in the bush ) and it does not shake the car that much any more? Wierd... I had no idea it can affect vibrations when not acutally driving. I am sure If I put new oil in ( btw is this good? http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car-accessories/engine-oils-and-car-fluids/engineoils/5w40-engine-oil/?521772211&0&cc5_248 ) it will help even more.

grteam
23rd April 2015, 11:37
Regarding the blue smoke rush, I had it one time, to the point that I thought the back is on fire, is worth to clean or better replace the PCV filter, :smilie_re: as golden knowledge here advises to do it quite often, not never, as BMW would like us to :D. I think Jules can provide those filters, search for info, plenty available. Major implications if overlooked. Easy to DYI. Mine was completely clogged, not having a spare on spot, I had to clean the rope or thread on it in white spirit and put (bodge) all back, waiting for a spare. By the way, a strange whine sound came with the intervention, at low revs... Maybe somebody can shed some light on this

botanix
23rd April 2015, 21:56
Check exhaust heat shields. Mine were off.

Replaced bottom engine mount, fixed heatshields. No vibrations or any noise, like new - well almost. Cleaned PCV - no more smoke

botanix
3rd May 2015, 02:25
Vibrations are back...
WHen engine is cold i get huge vibrations above 1500 rpm, like there is a misfire ( kind of sounds like there is a misfire ) or something, and also huge amonut of blue smoke. However when i start the engine and drive, no smoke or vibrations. Any thoughts?

marinabrian
3rd May 2015, 09:52
Vibrations are back...
WHen engine is cold i get huge vibrations above 1500 rpm, like there is a misfire ( kind of sounds like there is a misfire ) or something, and also huge amonut of blue smoke. However when i start the engine and drive, no smoke or vibrations. Any thoughts?

One of the injectors is probably U/S or the injector wiring loom.

To save lots of wasted time in diagnosis, I suggest you contact BigRuss (http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=1792) to get your car on T4 ;)

Brian :D

botanix
4th May 2015, 23:25
One more thing, why it goes away after I drive it?

marinabrian
5th May 2015, 00:25
One more thing, why it goes away after I drive it?

I wouldn't know without seeing the car, but you're a lot closer to Russ than me ;)

Brian :D

DMGRS
5th May 2015, 10:47
When I had a duff injector, it was running as lumpy as anything. :eek:
Definitely needs a T4, but injector could well be the issue.

botanix
7th May 2015, 02:02
If injector is at fault, do I need to replace all of them or just the one.