PDA

View Full Version : kv6 not running quite right

Brett1961
23rd April 2015, 11:03
Hi all. I have an 02 2.5 v6 connesseur auto estate. Had it for a while and put it on the back burner because I had been having various problems with it. Revisited it and got it started which was a pleasant surprise. Its ticks over well and pulls ok too. My problem though is that unless I'm very careful on the accelerator pulling away the engine wants to cut out. Noticed as well that if I blip the throttle as the revs drop to around tickover speed the engine seems to "hunt" for a couple of seconds before settling down. Temporarily I've taken out the (new) air filter as it runs slightly better without it. Almost as if the filter was restricting air flow. Before anyone says I know this isnt recommended but I'm just trying things out. Anyone got any ideas ?

Thanks

Brett

Avora
23rd April 2015, 11:25
Might be worth checking and cleaning the idle control valve. I know it is idling properly, but might be stuck in just the right position.

Dashiel
23rd April 2015, 14:21
Sounds like something in the air induction. Agree with idle air control valve, easy to remove and clean with carb cleaner. Check the engine air recycle hoses aren't blocked, they apparently can get gummed up.

Brett1961
23rd April 2015, 17:23
Not sure where the air recycle hoses are. Is there a diagram available ?

RodgerD
23rd April 2015, 18:52
Not sure where the air recycle hoses are. Is there a diagram available ?

Breather pipes are just under the top engine cover, both are black, one smaller than the other. The larger one breaks at the Tee piece.

Brett1961
24th April 2015, 16:44
The good news is that I took the car for MOT and it passed with the engine running that way. Cant be affecting emissions too much. I'll still check those things out though

thanks