PDA

View Full Version : New sunroof spasmodically works

MissMoppet
24th April 2015, 11:33
Before Christmas I had a new Webasto sunroof fitted, but I have suffered from an intermittent fault, particularly when it gets hot - as it has down here in Sunny Somerset. After exhaustive tests the fitters have found no fault with the sunroof but did unearth a spasmodic voltage drop in the ignition feed - which they claim could have upset the software. (That fault has been cured by moving the feed to another socket).

I have to say I am a little sceptical but Webasto probably made the factory fitted R75 sunroof and many thousands/millions more.

At the moment with the temperature dropping it's unlikely to get hot enough to upset it - but does this strike a chord with any of you clever electricians - or has the factory fitted roof suffered from a similar fault?

(Webasto now offer a 3 year g'tee so it's down to them in the long run)

wullie480
24th April 2015, 14:53
Could it be a dodgy connection some where causing the issue?
I have factory OEM sunroofs on both zts we have had them for about 5 years and both roofs have been fine apart from replacing the sunroof motor on the wife's zt when we got it. Cars are 10 & 11 years old.

colintf
24th April 2015, 14:59
That's not good news, I have been considering a webasto to :cool:

MissMoppet
24th April 2015, 17:47
That's not good news, I have been considering a webasto to :cool:

I think it's Webasto . . . or nowt. No-one esle makes after-market sunroofs as far as I know - at least like mine - exactly like the factory jobbies. I'll let you know how we get on.

colintf
10th September 2015, 21:00
Before Christmas I had a new Webasto sunroof fitted, but I have suffered from an intermittent fault, particularly when it gets hot - as it has down here in Sunny Somerset. After exhaustive tests the fitters have found no fault with the sunroof but did unearth a spasmodic voltage drop in the ignition feed - which they claim could have upset the software. (That fault has been cured by moving the feed to another socket).

I have to say I am a little sceptical but Webasto probably made the factory fitted R75 sunroof and many thousands/millions more.

At the moment with the temperature dropping it's unlikely to get hot enough to upset it - but does this strike a chord with any of you clever electricians - or has the factory fitted roof suffered from a similar fault?

(Webasto now offer a 3 year g'tee so it's down to them in the long run)

Any updates?
Hoped it behaved during the summer
I'm still considering one :cool: