PDA

View Full Version : seat wiring

Le Mans 190
24th April 2015, 16:16
is there a Howto on wiring up elec seats

looks like I need to hard wire these in and was wondering what help is out there

Thanks

RogerHeinz57
24th April 2015, 22:49
Hi, Phil T-4 and I have done several retro fits of electric heated memory seats.
I do several parts of the car strip and re-fit, Phil does the wiring. The team of two make the task quite easy, but the wiring is all left to Phil.
Seats and centre console out, sill trims off, both kick panels off, interior fuseboard cover off and front seats out is the first part. The wiring is unknown to me, but when you get the looms from the donor car you need as much length as you can get as this will help in your install.
Maybe worth giving Phil a PM for advice or a quote to do it for you.
Finally, please be aware that most of the seats end up with some heater problems, partly to do with their age & so they dont always work how you would like, also the facelift under seat connectors for SRS etc are different to the pre-facelift model. This can be ascertained by the plugs being half the size of the pre-facelift ones.
Hope this highlights a few things for you.
Cheers John H.

Dragrad
24th April 2015, 23:03
Thread moved to appropriate forum. Re-direct left in old. ;)

Le Mans 190
25th April 2015, 04:23
Hi, Phil T-4 and I have done several retro fits of electric heated memory seats.
I do several parts of the car strip and re-fit, Phil does the wiring. The team of two make the task quite easy, but the wiring is all left to Phil.
Seats and centre console out, sill trims off, both kick panels off, interior fuseboard cover off and front seats out is the first part. The wiring is unknown to me, but when you get the looms from the donor car you need as much length as you can get as this will help in your install.
Maybe worth giving Phil a PM for advice or a quote to do it for you.
Finally, please be aware that most of the seats end up with some heater problems, partly to do with their age & so they dont always work how you would like, also the facelift under seat connectors for SRS etc are different to the pre-facelift model. This can be ascertained by the plugs being half the size of the pre-facelift ones.
Hope this highlights a few things for you.
Cheers John H.

Thanks for your advise :D