PDA

View Full Version : Throttle not working, help !

ilpranzo6996
26th April 2015, 22:07
Im about to sell my r75 cdti due to buying a zt cdti, the 75 had a synergy 2 box fitted so decided to take it off and fit to the mg. After connecting the standard plugs back on the 75 it now has no throttle what so ever, ticks over at 1500rpm and check engine light on.
fitted synergy box to zt and it lost all power so removed again, had a friend put his diagnostics on the 75 and it came up with throttle sensor which was cleared and came straight back on so decided to take throttle pedal off mg and fit to 75 but it was still the same. after fitting the mg throttle pedal back on now its got no throttle what so ever and the same symptoms and faults as the 75. I now have 2 vehicles that cant be driven, any advice much appreciated, the last 3 days have sucked the life out of me lol. Anyone got any ideas please ?

ilpranzo6996
1st May 2015, 19:21
Im about to sell my r75 cdti due to buying a zt cdti, the 75 had a synergy 2 box fitted so decided to take it off and fit to the mg. After connecting the standard plugs back on the 75 it now has no throttle what so ever, ticks over at 1500rpm and check engine light on.
fitted synergy box to zt and it lost all power so removed again, had a friend put his diagnostics on the 75 and it came up with throttle sensor which was cleared and came straight back on so decided to take throttle pedal off mg and fit to 75 but it was still the same. after fitting the mg throttle pedal back on now its got no throttle what so ever and the same symptoms and faults as the 75. I now have 2 vehicles that cant be driven, any advice much appreciated, the last 3 days have sucked the life out of me lol. Anyone got any ideas please ?
Just to update my problem, the mg is now running fine after fitting a replacement throttle pedal and sensor, bargain at £17, going to order another for the 75 now and hopefully fix that too, still have no idea what caused them to fail.