PDA

View Full Version : Is their an easy way?

barney bear
27th April 2015, 07:25
Can I tilt a Diesel engine back a couple of inches without removing it? I need access to the exhaust manifold and I can't get my arms into the gap, if I take the bottom mount off and the big mount at the top whilst supporting the engine on a trolley jack will that give me access?

All thoughts appreciated

RodgerD
27th April 2015, 08:08
Can I tilt a Diesel engine back a couple of inches without removing it? I need access to the exhaust manifold and I can't get my arms into the gap, if I take the bottom mount off and the big mount at the top whilst supporting the engine on a trolley jack will that give me access?

All thoughts appreciated

Have you removed the centre panel in the scuttle (used for gaining access to V6 plugs) and the plastic scuttle panel (remove the wiper arms first). Do this and you might find you have access.

barney bear
27th April 2015, 09:56
Have you removed the centre panel in the scuttle (used for gaining access to V6 plugs) and the plastic scuttle panel (remove the wiper arms first). Do this and you might find you have access.

Thanks Roger, I'll give it a try and see how that goes.

Mike Noc
27th April 2015, 12:10
Have you tried going in from underneath?

barney bear
27th April 2015, 17:38
Have you tried going in from underneath?

Tried and failed. My arms don't fit in the gap between the bulkhead and the auto box. I ended up taking the back scuttle plate off and the battery and all the gubbins at the side and managed it that way.