PDA

View Full Version : New Purchase: T1 TestBook

rocco_meister
27th April 2015, 23:41
Hi Everyone.

Just thought I would share with you my new purchase: T1 TestBook. It came with nearly everything for our cars. Could any one help with locating / manufacture of the Red lead (DTC0065A) to connect to the car and the extension lead (DTC0007A)?

I wouldn't mind also making the extension cable for the second port (DTC0013A), as I have the clip on ammeter too. I have found the MBG connectors in farnell and don't mind buying them along with suitable cable and resistors.

It came with the VCSI interface (DTC0006A) "Brick" and most Land Rover leads and Discs.

I have already upgraded the processor to a 486DX2 66 that I had in my old computer spares box, it came with 32mb of ram already. I will be changing the hard drive for a SSD in the near future, I will post how I did that when the SSD arrives ;)

I have all the discs needed to do this except the RDS update disc (RDSSCAN13) that includes scan disc etc. Would anyone be able to help me with that also? Many Thanks, Dave.

rocco_meister
28th April 2015, 00:18
Hi Brian, Many thanks for the help. I really appreciate it. Just out of interest is the 2nd port a straight through to for the extension cable, but with the key in a different pin number?

Also I take on board what you have said about the SSD. However, mine currently has a 2.5" 6GB hd and is functioning perfectly well. I have only invested about £25 in it so in the scheme of things its not a big deal if it is a deadend.

Once again, I cannot thank you enough. Do you have the pin outs for the other leads with the OBD connector ends as I have discs for onlder rovers too. Many Thanks, Dave.

marinabrian
28th April 2015, 00:24
Hi Brian, Many thanks for the help. I really appreciate it. Just out of interest is the 2nd port a straight through to for the extension cable, but with the key in a different pin number?

Also I take on board what you have said about the SSD. However, mine currently has a 2.5" 6GB hd and is functioning perfectly well. I have only invested about £25 in it so in the scheme of things its not a big deal if it is a deadend.

Once again, I cannot thank you enough. Do you have the pin outs for the other leads with the OBD connector ends as I have discs for onlder rovers too. Many Thanks, Dave.

Yes I have the pinouts for all of the leads Dave ;)

The 6Gb HDD is a replacement, the originals are 120Mb, so you will find the 6Gb one has had the partition resized to 118Mb, and the clusters from 32Kb to 2Kb.

The BIOS and chipset wont recognise a HDD bigger than 128Mb ;)

I'll dig them out for you tomorrow, or should I say later today :getmecoat:

Brian :bed:

rocco_meister
28th April 2015, 00:41
Many Thanks brian, I know that you are in bed and probably asleep. And I bow to your knowledge:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

However, I have a screen shot that may just shock you. the bios sees the hard drive as the correct size. I haven't slaved it into another pc yet, but it may well be partitioned to the size that you said.

Cheers, Dave.

rontug
28th April 2015, 06:13
Oh how I wish I could understand all this.:shrug::shrug:

Chuckles
29th April 2015, 06:03
Me too :duh:

Sonic ZS
29th April 2015, 06:19
And me :shrug:

I'd be ok if the Bios RAM chipset thingy just needed welding :D

rocco_meister
2nd May 2015, 14:29
Lol, If all else fails a bigger hammer and the blow torch! :D:D:D

barney bear
2nd May 2015, 18:13
It's easy Ron, that bit attaches to the other bit, then you just plant it in the greenhouse in early April, wait 5 weeks then hey presto! You've grown a thingamybob:D

andrewinpopayan
2nd May 2015, 21:13
Enjoying seeing this thread :D carry on Guru's :bowdown:

rocco_meister
7th May 2015, 13:12
Hi again all, just a quick question? Is transducer extension lead DTC0013a the same as DTC0013b (LRT5007a)? Many Thanks in advance, Dave :D

kaiser
7th May 2015, 13:27
If you can't fix it with a hammer, it is an electrical problem.

kaiser
7th May 2015, 13:29
Hi again all, just a quick question? Is transducer extension lead DTC0013a the same as DTC0013b (LRT5007a)? Many Thanks in advance, Dave :D

If it was, it would really be silly to give it two different numbers, would it not??
So from that point of view, of course they must be identical. It is a Rover after all.:D

p38arover
21st October 2018, 10:28
Hi, I must admit I joined this forum** as I'm after the wiring diagram for the DTC0065A for my T4 system. With it, I can interface the L322 Range Rover to T4 (only applicable to early L322 models).

I have a partial diagram but it seems like there are a few errors in it.

I have plenty of spare Testbook cables I can cut up to get a Burndy connector.

I'd really appreciate if if someone would be kind enough to give me the connections. The info I have is a bit confusing especially on the pull-up resistor wiring and the ID resistor connection

** I'm mainly active on the FullFatRR and AULRO forums.

Cheers,

Ron B.
Emu Plains, Australia

picky747
21st October 2018, 10:47
Small world Ron,have family living in Cranebrook / Jordan Springs.

marinabrian
21st October 2018, 11:06
Hi, I must admit I joined this forum** as I'm after the wiring diagram for the DTC0065A for my T4 system. With it, I can interface the L322 Range Rover to T4 (only applicable to early L322 models).

I have a partial diagram but it seems like there are a few errors in it.

I have plenty of spare Testbook cables I can cut up to get a Burndy connector.

I'd really appreciate if if someone would be kind enough to give me the connections. The info I have is a bit confusing especially on the pull-up resistor wiring and the ID resistor connection

** I'm mainly active on the FullFatRR and AULRO forums.

Cheers,

Ron B.
Emu Plains, Australia

Here you go Ron ;)

p38arover
22nd October 2018, 01:10
That's absolutely brilliant, Brian. I'll have that on my workbench tonight (I'm an ex-electronics tech).

Too bad some of you blokes aren't closer as I have an excess of cables and leads plus a Testbook 1 (needs new CDROM drive) and a spare T4 interface (easy to connect to a laptop) - but I only have Land Rover diagnostic software. One day I'll pull my finger out and put them on evilbay.

A year or so back, I talked to my wife about getting a 75 but she said didn't want her car to have the name Rover anywhere on it - she'll stick with a Subaru Forester. I think she thinks the Rover word means unreliable! Just because I've had five Rangies, one Disco 1, a 110 County V8, and an LR Series II tabletop. :getmecoat:

I've liked the look of the 75 from the first time I saw one on Midsomer Murders. We don't see many of them here and even fewer ZTs.

Cheers

Ron
VK2OTC

p38arover
23rd October 2018, 02:38
All tested and running thank you Brian.

I seem to have a lot more faults recorded than shown with my GAP IID Tool. I'll have to another scan with it and also with my Faultmate MSV just compare them.

Now I can heatshrink over the connections (I cut up couple of Testbook cables for the connectors ** and they have a lot more wires than required) and paint the OBD plug red.

** Yeah, I know there are people out there that want them untouched.

p38arover
23rd October 2018, 02:41
Small world Ron,have family living in Cranebrook / Jordan Springs.

It is indeed. Not far away at all. Sometimes we go to the supermarket at Cranebrook, sometimes to the one at Jordan Springs, just for a change from our local supermarket (which is only about 600 metres away). The other supermarkets (same company) often have different products from ours - different demographic gets different products.

philm
23rd October 2018, 11:23
[QUOTE

Cheers

Ron
VK2OTC[/QUOTE]

Hi Ron Just had a quick look on QRZ hope to maybe work you one day.
cheers
Phil G7AFM

p38arover
25th October 2018, 10:11
I'll keep an ear open, Phil. Look forward to it.

From QRZ it looks like you drive a Disco and like lighthouses. I no longer have Disco but I do like lighthouses. Some of the British locations are just amazing.

And I ride a Yamaha XJR1300, oh, and am the webmaster for one of the local camera clubs.

Ron VK2OTC

philm
25th October 2018, 15:12
I'll keep an ear open, Phil. Look forward to it.

From QRZ it looks like you drive a Disco and like lighthouses. I no longer have Disco but I do like lighthouses. Some of the British locations are just amazing.

And I ride a Yamaha XJR1300, oh, and am the webmaster for one of the local camera clubs.

Ron VK2OTC

Cheers Ron hopefully one day when condx improve,no don,t drive a disc it just happens they used one for the awards certificate used to run a range rover for teaching off road driving not a straight panel left on it.

73s phil

hogweed
25th October 2018, 17:31
I've liked the look of the 75 from the first time I saw one on Midsomer Murders.

There was more than one, but a least one of Barnaby's (BX04 WMC) was sold on eBay a couple of years ago for very little...

He mustn't have wanted it when it was retired, unlike Inspector Morse, who was presented with the Mk 2 Jag (248 RPA) when the series finished, and we used to see him driving it occasionally in Glos/Wilts near where he lived ;)

hogweed
25th October 2018, 17:32

I can explain the computery bits if anybody's bored, but not the T4...

Sergey 302
10th November 2019, 16:48
Afternoon dear forums.
Bringing Testbook T1 back to life and asking for your help, need a description of the switches on the motherboard and their purpose.

--------------
May strength come with you.

COLVERT
10th November 2019, 17:32
I think Marinabrian might be the man you need to speak to.---:D:D:D

marinabrian
10th November 2019, 17:38
I think Marinabrian might be the man you need to speak to.---:D:D:D

I'm asleep :bed:

COLVERT
10th November 2019, 17:54
I'm asleep :bed:

Well that's a change from having your tea.---:D:D:D

roverbarmy
10th November 2019, 18:33
I get infected bites from the bits in my computer. I used to work with an Indian guy called Rom who had a Dodge Ram (that got confusing). Try as I may, or may not, None of my spanners fit the computer either. I've got metric, Whitworth and AF but it says AC on the plug!:shrug:;)

COLVERT
11th November 2019, 12:49
I get infected bites from the bits in my computer. I used to work with an Indian guy called Rom who had a Dodge Ram (that got confusing). Try as I may, or may not, None of my spanners fit the computer either. I've got metric, Whitworth and AF but it says AC on the plug!:shrug:;)

Oil in your veins---You say.

A change of filter might help.---:smilie_re: Now go stand in the corner.