PDA

View Full Version : 57th Halfway House meet. 17/05/2015

FLYING BANANA
28th April 2015, 15:20
57th Halfway House meet will be held on Sunday 17th May 2015. Noon till late

Welcome to MG-ROVER-South East,we have been doing this event for around four years and have steadily built it into the biggest regular MG-Rover South East meet, there have been some changes of venue along the way, but at Brentwood it has worked best and continues to be the regular meet venue.

We meet up around the 3rd Sunday of the Month,but sometimes due to other popular events this is changed by a week either side.The Halfway House in Brentwood,has easy access from the M25/A127 to Southend, it has a large car park of which we use the back near the play area, serves meals and drinks and has all the facilities we could use. Also on site is a Little Chef restaurant and a Travelodge Hotel.

ABOUT THE MEET
We arrive as the designated time which is about Noon so that we can make a day of it and avoid the dark nights that we get in the winter months.
After looking at Members Cars we take a few pics and weather permiting we stay outside to greet anyone who has yet to arrive, were not hard to find as we all park together in the Venue Car Park.

The Administrators of the MGRSE are Alan Hodgson - Lauren Hawthorne and Danny Fox.

These Meets are Family Friendly and we welcome anyone to participate.

There are a good handful of us from all over the London, Kent and Essex areas but we gladly welcome more.

We have a few basic rules for the Meet, this is to make sure we Represent the club in a responsible manner

1. NO ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOR
2. NO WHEEL SPINS
3. NO BURN-OUTS
4. NO DOUGHNUTS
5. NO DANGEROUS MANUVERS (Handbreak turns etc)
6. NO BLASTING OUT OF MUSIC SYSTEMS
7. DRINK RESPONSIBLY

Disclaimer,please read

ANY BREECH THESE RULES AND YOU WILL EJECTED FROM THE MEET AND BANNED FROM FUTURE MEETS

MEETING DETAILS
The best way to come is exiting the M25 at Juncton 29 and taking the A127 as The Halfway House is located straight of it, there is also a Juntction and slipway right next to it which is handy for heading back to the M25.

The HALFWAY HOUSE
Southend Arterial Road, (A127)
Brentwood,
Essex,
CM13 3LL - (Be sure to remember this for your Sat-Nav)

FACILITIES

Large Beer Garden - Wheelchair Access - Disabled Toilet - Baby Changing Facility - Outdoor Children's Play Area - Car Parking for 100+ Cars - Debit & Credit Cards Accepted - Great Hot Food - Good Selection of Beers, Wine and Spirits.
Also on site is a Little Chef and a Travelodge Hotel.

MGRSE can be found on Facebook.

If you have ANY Problems just send Admin a PM if you need anymore info or Directions, we are happy to send out Mobile Numbers to anyone interested in coming so we can keep in touch for future meets and events.

Those attending are;

Alan - Rover BRM--------Admin
Woof25 - Rover 75
Scott12 - Rover 75. MAYBE
Pbaker - Rover 75 Tourer. MAYBE
Dragonheart - MG ZT--------Admin
Lauren - MG ZR-------------------Admin

Pistonbroke666 - MG ZT or MG3

Event Disclaimer
Please be aware this is not an official Rover 75/MG ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the Club's public liability insurance. Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet in anyway.

Pistonbroke666
28th April 2015, 15:57
Put me down bud, will give me an incentive to get a few bits sorted!

Ta

FLYING BANANA
28th April 2015, 17:25
Ok, name on the list.

Woof25
30th April 2015, 11:09
Hi Bob
Woof is keen to attend and meet old friends again hope vweather kinder than last meet brrrrr

FLYING BANANA
30th April 2015, 16:34
Sun has been ordered Mike. Name added

pbaker
4th May 2015, 14:42
Hi Bob, put down for a prob'. will make mike [Woofe25] a happy man. also hope that newish member Alf [Scott12] of Barking will be able to attend with his low 20000 miles 75. he has been rather unwell of late. peter:}.

FLYING BANANA
4th May 2015, 15:35
OK Peter, I'll put you both onto the meet as maybe's

FLYING BANANA
18th May 2015, 21:11
24 cars made the meet. I'll try and get someone to post up some pictures.

Woof25
20th May 2015, 11:04
Sorry Bob I did take a few pics and will put them up, it was a nice day warm sunshine and good company some new members came along including 3 mebers of the same family each with a 75 ! I had a small scare with water iunder car but seemed to be water which had been trapped in plenum chamber after carwash rodded it thoroughly and no reoccurence fingers crossed. Smaller meet yes but it meant you got to spend more time with people and Alan got to relax for a change

Woof25
20th May 2015, 11:13
few more pics

Woof25
20th May 2015, 11:17
and tail end

FLYING BANANA
20th May 2015, 12:11
Nice pictures Mike. Thanks for posting them.