PDA

View Full Version : Mpg

trimani
11th May 2015, 19:29
My 2ltr V6 Auto Connie has just done a 300 mile trip, mainly Dual, some Motorway, and IPK recorded 38.1 mpg. :}

That will do me nicely. :}

This is my best mpg to date, and comes after washing and re-oiling my Air Filter.

trimani (ALF)

hamster19
11th May 2015, 22:42
Nice one !

Anon3
11th May 2015, 23:05
Blimey, the extra-urban figure is 34.1 mpg, so that's impressive Alf.

I reckon I've probably achieved 34 at times over say, a 30 mile run, but never approached 38, I don't think.

guru
12th May 2015, 00:17
My 2ltr V6 Auto Connie has just done a 300 mile trip, mainly Dual, some Motorway, and IPK recorded 38.1 mpg. :}

That will do me nicely. :}

This is my best mpg to date, and comes after washing and re-oiling my Air Filter.

trimani (ALF)

If you're relying on the IPK then that means it actually did somewhere between 20-50mpg! ;)

wutang
12th May 2015, 09:58
The IPK can be made to read acuratly, Mine does, I set it up so It reads the correct MPG for LPG, can take a while to get it right but it does work.

StewartIngram
12th May 2015, 10:33
Had mine for about 135k miles. Going on distances travelled (checked against accurate distances measured during my work days at Police HQ, and brim to brim filling) I get around 32mpg local, and 42 mpg on a run. Majority of miles done on lpg (I converted it shortly after purchase about 8 years ago at around 59k)), but same on petrol as it has a modern multipoint injection system which doesn't suffer the loss on mpg that earlier ones did. Excellent for a 2.5 auto, and I'm not as frugal nowadays having got used to cheap lpg!

Stewart

trimani
12th May 2015, 11:20
If you're relying on the IPK then that means it actually did somewhere between 20-50mpg! ;)

Honestly guru, I don't think anything is particularly accurate, even 'Brim to Brim', but the different methods have all been done to death on here before :D

What I based my thinking on was that although the IPK reading is as you say 'iffy' to say the least, I'm just pleased that it is better than the 32-33 that I usually get on the same journey. My thinking was that if it is 'Consistently' wrong, then higher than last time is hopefully better :shrug: And I did 'Service' my air filter :cool:

Always look on the bright side of life :}

trimani (ALF)

DMGRS
12th May 2015, 13:30
That's cracking economy - I barely manage that from my Diesel! :D

aguy
12th May 2015, 13:49
Right or wrong, when the OBC say's "you done good" it's a great feeling.

Those are figures to be proud of so enjoy every minute:D:D

Harry

VVC-Geeza
12th May 2015, 14:58
The IPK can be made to read acuratly, Mine does, I set it up so It reads the correct MPG for LPG, can take a while to get it right but it does work.

How did you do this?

And how do you know it's now accurate?

ProfDave
12th May 2015, 17:16
great stuff; I am amazed how good the economy on a well serviced 2.5 auto is. My ZTT and 75 both are excellent on a run and I think is down to the tall gearing as the car is not really revving allot at 70 mph.

my diesel tourer used not to be far away from this...