PDA

View Full Version : MG Harrogate

Fusilier
24th June 2015, 17:07
The MG Harrogate show at Patley Bridge will be on Sunday 9 August 2015, and there have been a few members who have expressed an interest in having a Club Stand at the meet, in order to get a club stand then we will need to send off the numbers attend by no later than 20 Jul, so that Harrogate Club can plan the layout for the show.

The cost of entry is £5, and this can be paid on entry to the show. If you would like to attend then can you please add your name to the list, so that we have approximate numbers which we will need to send to MG Harrogate as mentioned.

http://harrogatemgclub.org.uk/our_show.htm

Ricardo and myself, are planning the day for us to have a club stand.

Many thanks

Stuart

Lotuslc and Lydia
Ricardo65
Willshot

willshot
24th June 2015, 17:47
Hi Stu,

can you add me to the list, please.

Ta

Will

ricardo65
24th June 2015, 18:27
Add me please Stu :}

LotusLC
24th June 2015, 18:49
Add myself and Lydia please :}

Fusilier
24th June 2015, 18:57
Updated list

Stu

ricardo65
26th June 2015, 08:42
:}Just a quick bump this meet is a really good meet in one of the most picturesque parts of the country well worth attending :}

Fusilier
26th June 2015, 09:03
Ricardo

Agreed, I have been going to the MG Harrogate show since 2008, and enjoy the day very much, and there are some outstanding examples on display at the show and well worth the £5 entry fee

Stu

GJ53 DGO
30th June 2015, 13:14
Stick me down please lads, thought you'd have me down already Rich since Meg has been resurrected:}

ricardo65
30th June 2015, 16:29
Stick me down please lads, thought you'd have me down already Rich since Meg has been resurrected:}

Nice 1 matey :} glad megs sorted does that mean we have to do the stack of onion rings again :D

GJ53 DGO
1st July 2015, 10:35
Might be 2 stacks this time, Sophie has teeth this time around and likes onion rings!!

Captain Crappycrimp
2nd July 2015, 20:19
sounds like fun, I will turn up in whatever I have at the time! please add me to the list

ricardo65
2nd July 2015, 21:50
sounds like fun, I will turn up in whatever I have at the time! please add me to the list

Richard its a great meet at at fantastic showground glad you can make it :}

BRI
4th July 2015, 22:02
Could you but Bri+Linda down as well pls Ta

ricardo65
5th July 2015, 21:23
Could you but Bri+Linda down as well pls Ta

Glad you and linda can make it bri :}

Anybody else fancy this it a great day out well worth the journey :}

ricardo65
7th July 2015, 11:14
Can you add mgste to the list please thanks

ricardo65
7th July 2015, 11:19
The MG Harrogate show at Patley Bridge will be on Sunday 9 August 2015, and there have been a few members who have expressed an interest in having a Club Stand at the meet, in order to get a club stand then we will need to send off the numbers attend by no later than 20 Jul, so that Harrogate Club can plan the layout for the show.

The cost of entry is £5, and this can be paid on entry to the show. If you would like to attend then can you please add your name to the list, so that we have approximate numbers which we will need to send to MG Harrogate as mentioned.

Ricardo and myself, are planning the day for us to have a club stand.

Many thanks

Stuart

Lotuslc and Lydia
Ricardo65
Willshot
Gj53dgo
Shadowmobile
Bri + linda
Mgste
Little ulk
Dave lincs
Mgpete

ricardo65
7th July 2015, 11:31
List updated if anybody else is up for this meet please don't leave it to late as we have provisionally booked for 10 cars if we go over this amount then we will have to have a bigger club area so we definitely need to know numbers by the 30th of July so if you are interested please add your name to the list it is a fantastic show with all different genres of mgs and other marques in a stunning location

The Incredible 'ULK'
7th July 2015, 20:46
Thanks for adding, looking forward to this:}

ricardo65
8th July 2015, 06:30
Thanks for adding, looking forward to this:}

Your welcome Dan looking forward to this meet as well :}

The Incredible 'ULK'
8th July 2015, 11:00
Your welcome Dan looking forward to this meet as well :}

Last year was great, good crowd, great cars and fantastic location, 2 minute walk into the picturesque Pately Bridge for fish and chips and a nice pub! :D

LotusLC
8th July 2015, 11:11
Last year was great, good crowd, great cars and fantastic location, 2 minute walk into the picturesque Pately Bridge for fish and chips and a nice pub! :D

That's dinner sorted then, Lydia will be happy :D

ricardo65
8th July 2015, 15:58

Yeah food was great Gary :drool4: really looking forward to this meet if anybody else is interested don't be too late getting your name down as a mentioned we do have to know by 30th of July

The Incredible 'ULK'
9th July 2015, 15:44

There was a nice park and a walk next to the river Nidd across from the show ground aswell:}

ricardo65
10th July 2015, 18:36
Just a quick weekend bump on this meet it really is well worth attending so if you are up for it please put your names down also for a bit of club support for Stu in the arena :}

ricardo65
10th July 2015, 18:47
A few pictures from last year :}

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=50252&stc=1&d=1436553673
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=50253&stc=1&d=1436553705
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=50254&stc=1&d=1436553753
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=50255&stc=1&d=1436553817

GJ53 DGO
11th July 2015, 11:18
Looking forward to this meet, had a great time last meet and great pub close by, not to mention the mountain of onion rings!!

Fusilier
11th July 2015, 11:28
Agreed a great day out, this will be my ninth year of attendance, and very much enjoy the drive down to Patley Bridge, though some great roads. also note that this is open to all Rover 75 and MG ZTs, as we have been given a club stand at the show

Stu

GJ53 DGO
11th July 2015, 15:36
Now is the time to buy shares in T-cut, I need to start polishing ready for this one!!

ricardo65
11th July 2015, 16:42
Now is the time to buy shares in T-cut, I need to start polishing ready for this one!!

Yeah start polishing early matey as when we get to patley bridge the only things we'll be polishing off is the onion rings :D

GJ53 DGO
11th July 2015, 16:52
which are you taking mate? Nudge, the Zed or the 1.8 turbo? (if it gets its engine in!)

ricardo65
11th July 2015, 17:20
Going in the zed to show my new blingy wheels :eek:

GJ53 DGO
11th July 2015, 19:35
Rich, remind ulk not to forget his wallet lol

The Incredible 'ULK'
11th July 2015, 19:49
Rich, remind ulk not to forget his wallet lol

I've been waiting to see you at a meet to bring my wallet :-D

ricardo65
12th July 2015, 19:41
Gj53dgo
Lotustic and Lydia
Willshot
Ricardo65
Shadowmobile
Bri + linda
Mgste
Little ulk
Dave lincs
Mgpete

List updated now if anybody else is planning on coming would you please get your name down as we will have to inform mg harrogate on numbers thanks

GJ53 DGO
15th July 2015, 15:15
MG's don't look very good on the back of AA van's...:}

Shes booked in now at Maple garage to get everything looked at so fingers crossed

ricardo65
15th July 2015, 16:02
MG's don't look very good on the back of AA van's...:}

Shes booked in now at Maple garage to get everything looked at so fingers crossed

Sorry to hear that matey fingers crossed for a quick fix

GJ53 DGO
17th July 2015, 13:39
Well the air-con is icy cold now ready for a beautiful hot day on the meet, lets see what maple say about the misfire now, here's hoping for a quick fix! :}

willshot
17th July 2015, 13:41
You could always ask Maple to loan you and MG6 for the meet and we can all have a good look at it.:D:D:D:D

GJ53 DGO
17th July 2015, 13:44
How would you feel if your car went to a meet with another driver?! I can't leave Meg in the workshop, it'll hurt her feelings haha

ricardo65
17th July 2015, 13:46
I'm up for that will I've had a few test drives from maple must say I do like the mg 6 :} I'm sure there was a dealer there last year with both the mg3 and 6 with some very good offers on both cars you never know :D

ricardo65
17th July 2015, 13:48
Thought Laura would take the mg6 Dave :}

GJ53 DGO
17th July 2015, 13:50
I could never be unfaithful to my Meg lol I was in Maples showroom and they had a 3 and a 6 in but they looked very basic and plasticky inside, no where near as classy as our real MGs, nice shape though. Do they do a V8?:drool4:

ricardo65
17th July 2015, 13:57
. Do they do a V8?:drool4:[/QUOTE]

Ha ha that would be interesting :D

ricardo65
17th July 2015, 19:33
Weekend bump on this anybody who hasn't quite made their mind up not long left to add your name great meet you wont be disappointed :}

deltic08
20th July 2015, 20:23
Weekend bump on this anybody who hasn't quite made their mind up not long left to add your name great meet you wont be disappointed :}

As I missed my first meet at Locomotion due to last minute hospitalisation and as Pateley is on my doorstep, can you please add me to your list?

Kind regards,

Adrian (and possibly wife)

ricardo65
20th July 2015, 22:39
As I missed my first meet at Locomotion due to last minute hospitalisation and as Pateley is on my doorstep, can you please add me to your list?

Kind regards,

Adrian (and possibly wife)

Of course Adrian :} looking forward to seeing you its s a great meet

Phil-Hex
20th July 2015, 23:44
i'll be there anyway with the TFs but will also hopefully have the typhoon estate with us
so if there is room for a shed at the back in a corner stick my name down too please, if nothing else it'll make the others look even better :}

ricardo65
21st July 2015, 08:09
Name added Phil glad you can join us typhoon :drool4: See you there

Anymore interested in this meet please add your name :}

Will update properly when back from holiday :}

ssizefive
23rd July 2015, 20:54
There has been a change of plan and i am now not going to be away so, if it isn't too late, could you add me to the list please and also my brother, marshap123 who will be coming in his 260.

Thanks
Steve.

ricardo65
23rd July 2015, 22:45
There has been a change of plan and i am now not going to be away so, if it isn't too late, could you add me to the list please and also my brother, marshap123 who will be coming in his 260.

Thanks
Steve.

Great you can make it Steve and your brother nice to see a 260 on the stand will update list when back home

Fusilier
23rd July 2015, 22:52

Thanks
Steve.

Steve

Good news, and glad you are coming along with your 75 and your brother in the 260, the more who attend the better

Hopefully we will get a decent turnout

Stu

Fusilier
26th July 2015, 08:11
This is a good show, and also a good day out at Patley Bridge, we need to let the organisers know how many will be attending, so that they can allocate us a decent space on the show field, so if anybody else is contemplating attending then can they post up before the end of the Month, so that we can pass on the numbers, so far we have 16 members attending

Ricardo
Gj53dgo
Lotustic and Lydia
Willshot
Shadowmobile
Bri + linda
Mgste
Little ulk
Dave lincs
Mgpete
Deltic08
PhilHex
Ssizefive
Marshap123

and a article from the Yorkshire Post newspaper

http://www.yorkshiretimes.co.uk/article/Harrogate-MG-2015-Show-Fast-Approaching

There will also be a number of trade stands, and the usual Ice Cream, tea and coffee, and food stalls at the show

Many thanks

Stu

ssizefive
26th July 2015, 17:00
Steve

Good news, and glad you are coming along with your 75 and your brother in the 260, the more who attend the better

Hopefully we will get a decent turnout

Stu

Looking forward to it, lets hope it's a little less windy than last year :}

Steve.

ricardo65
26th July 2015, 19:10
Just a quick bump as time is running out now as we do need to know numbers by the end of this week so if you are thinking of attending please add your name to the list

For those who are attending we are traveling up in a convoy from the Humber bridge there are 3 of us we will then be stopping at ferrybridge services at 830 am to meet with 3 more members if you want to join the convoy anywhere on route you are welcome just let us know were you will be eg wetherby etc we will then be traveling upto the A59 knaresborough then the B6165 towards Ripley

Stu has offered to put up some prizes for the club cars thanks Stu these will be decided nearer the time

This is a great meet so don't miss out on fantastic day :}

rosswalki
27th July 2015, 11:43
Hi there, I will be attending, please reserve me a spot on the stand.

Regards, Ross

ricardo65
27th July 2015, 15:52
This is a good show, and also a good day out at Patley Bridge, we need to let the organisers know how many will be attending, so that they can allocate us a decent space on the show field, so if anybody else is contemplating attending then can they post up before the end of the Month, so that we can pass on the numbers, so far we have 16 members attending

Ricardo
Gj53dgo
Lotustic and Lydia
Willshot
Ricardo65
Shadowmobile
Bri + linda
Mgste
Little ulk
Dave lincs
Mgpete
Deltic08
PhilHex
Ssizefive
Marshap123
Rosswalki
Robson
and a article from the Yorkshire Post newspaper

http://www.yorkshiretimes.co.uk/article/Harrogate-MG-2015-Show-Fast-Approaching

There will also be a number of trade stands, and the usual Ice Cream, tea and coffee, and food stalls at the show

Many thanks

Stu

name added Ross glad you can make it if anybody else is thinking of joining us on the club stand you've only got to the weekend to add your name as we have to hand if numbers by the 31st

Fusilier
27th July 2015, 18:12
Stu has offered to put up some prizes for the club cars thanks Stu these will be decided nearer the time

I have ordered some prizes as a token of my appreciation to the members attending the show, so at some point during the day, prizes will be present to the winners

I think we will be looking to present prizes to best 75s and then best ZTs. (will not reveal to much), but you will be asked to fill in a small form with your votes

Looking forward to the show, and hope to catch up with you all

Stu

marinabrian
27th July 2015, 18:23
Oooh, how did I miss this :eek:

Hope it's not to late to put my name down :shrug:

Brian :D

Fusilier
27th July 2015, 19:38
Oooh, how did I miss this :eek:

Hope it's not to late to put my name down :shrug:

Brian

Brilliant news, really glad that you can attend, and have updated list

Ricardo65
Gj53dgo
Lotustic and Lydia
Willshot
Shadowmobile
Bri + linda
Mgste
Little ulk
Dave lincs
Mgpete
Deltic08
PhilHex
Ssizefive
Marshap123
Rosswalki
Marinabrian
Suzublu (tbc)
Bluejon and Silvervixen
Actros

Is there any more members who wish to attend, as we have now got a decent turnout, (must submit numbers to MG Harrogate by end of the Month) and it is open to all 75 and ZT owners, as we have got a club stand at the show, and it is an enjoyable day out in a beautiful setting in the Nidderdale Valley

Stu

suzublu
27th July 2015, 19:41
Stick me down as provisional Stu please, weather dependant:o:D

Fusilier
27th July 2015, 19:43
Stick me down as provisional Stu please, weather dependant:o:D

Ronnie

Also fantastic news, and will put you down as provisional

Stu

Bluejon
27th July 2015, 20:07
Can we come along too please?

Cheers Mate.

John & Jan [Bluejon & Silvervixen]

Fusilier
27th July 2015, 20:08
Can we come along too please?

Cheers Mate.

John & Jan [Bluejon & Silvervixen]

John

Of course you can, it is always a pleasure to have you at the meets/shows, along with all the others who are attending,

Ricardo and myself are also thinking of getting a small batch of rosettes for all the members attending with the tails printed with Rover 75 and MG ZT, and maybe MG Harrogate 2015, similar to what we had done for the National Last year, but members would be asked to make a small contribution to them, if that is ok with others

Stu

marinabrian
27th July 2015, 21:53
Cheers Stu :bowdown:

ricardo65
28th July 2015, 08:38
Not long to register now so if you was thinking of attending this show can you please add your name to the list as said in previous post this is the mg northern nationals a well worthy event to attend you wont be disappointed :}

Also thanks to Stu for a small contribution you will have a rosette with rover 75 mgzt mg harrogate printed on as a small memento of the day :}

LotusLC
28th July 2015, 10:26
For those who are attending we are traveling up in a convoy from the Humber bridge there are 3 of us we will then be stopping at ferrybridge services at 830 am to meet with 3 more members if you want to join the convoy anywhere on route you are welcome just let us know were you will be eg wetherby etc we will then be traveling upto the A59 knaresborough then the B6165 towards Ripley

I will pick you up from a lay by on the A59 :eek: (that does not sound right but you get the idea:D)

ricardo65
28th July 2015, 11:33
Ha ha we'll get talked about picking up in layby's Gary see you on route matey :}

actros
28th July 2015, 15:45
Ha ha we'll get talked about picking up in layby's Gary see you on route matey :}HI Rick stick me down for this will meet you over the bridge give me a time

ricardo65
28th July 2015, 16:37
HI Rick stick me down for this will meet you over the bridge give me a time

Nice 1 bri :} young Steve his dad and Dave are meeting us at ferrybridge if that's better for you ill give you a ring and sort nearer the time :}

Fusilier
28th July 2015, 16:38
HI Rick stick me down for this will meet you over the bridge give me a time

Brian

We have added you, and we now have 20 members attending, so looks like we are in for a good day out at Patley Bridge, an might need to order some more memento rosettes

Richard, will post up some details in a short while about meeting places etc, but if you would like to attend, then the cut off date is this Friday, as we need to let MG Harrogate know the final numbers

Stu

actros
28th July 2015, 16:58
Nice 1 bri :} young Steve his dad and Dave are meeting us at ferrybridge if that's better for you ill give you a ring and sort nearer the time :}Yes mate that will be ok with me

mgste
28th July 2015, 17:37
Cant wait for this meet:) what time we meeting richard:)

ricardo65
28th July 2015, 17:56
Cant wait for this meet:) what time we meeting richard:)

I'll post up meeting places later in the week Steve it will be similar to what we discussed this is a great meet looking forward to it also :}

Fusilier
29th July 2015, 12:24
If any more members are thinking of attending can they let us know before 31 Jul, as we need to inform MH Harrogate of the numbers so that they can allocated the appropriate space on the show field for the Club Stand

If you have never been, it is a good day out

here is a video from 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV__jqrCxRg

Stu

RobSun
29th July 2015, 13:59
I will be attending but not as an exhibitor. My recently acquired ZT-T isn't up to show standard still sorting out the mucky bits before I start tidying it up, so I will park it in the car park and walk in through the turnstiles.

I will defo make myself known to you all.

Bob

Phil-Hex
29th July 2015, 15:10
I will be attending but not as an exhibitor. My recently acquired ZT-T isn't up to show standard still sorting out the mucky bits before I start tidying it up, so I will park it in the car park and walk in through the turnstiles.

Bob

dont be silly :mad:
come and park at the back beside my wreck, we can be the 'befores' to everyone elses 'afters' :D:D

besides which you have every excuse if its only been acquired ;)

Fusilier
29th July 2015, 16:41

Bob

Rob

as mentioned, park on the club stand, and meet all the guys, the club stand is for members, and it does not need to be concours standard, but their is a concors arena at the event, and that is for those wishing to enter the concours event

Stu

ricardo65
29th July 2015, 17:09

Bob
Bob I've added your name to the list
As above bob don't park outside park with us on the club stand its about being all together as a club as
Stu says the Concours is for the people who want to show their cars so park with us matey :}

ricardo65
29th July 2015, 17:28
Brian

Brilliant news, really glad that you can attend, and have updated list

Ricardo
Gj53dgo
Lotustic and Lydia
Willshot
Ricardo65
Shadowmobile
Bri + linda
Mgste
Little ulk
Dave lincs
Mgpete
Deltic08
PhilHex
Ssizefive
Marshap123
Rosswalki
Marinabrian
Suzublu (tbc)
Bluejon and Silvervixen
Actros
Robson
Is there any more members who wish to attend, as we have now got a decent turnout, (must submit numbers to MG Harrogate by end of the Month) and it is open to all 75 and ZT owners, as we have got a club stand at the show, and it is an enjoyable day out in a beautiful setting in the Nidderdale Valley

Stu

There's still time to add your name so don't miss out on this great event :} its really is a great show it would be nice to get a few more members along

RobSun
29th July 2015, 17:58
Well that's sorted then, better get it washed etc. and find the time as I have the Dolomite booked into loads of shows over August and Sept and need to keep that in show condition.

Looking forward to coming.

ricardo65
29th July 2015, 18:04
Well that's sorted then, better get it washed etc. and find the time as I have the Dolomite booked into loads of shows over August and Sept and need to keep that in show condition.

Looking forward to coming.

Great bob see you next weekend :}

ricardo65
30th July 2015, 07:00
A quick reminder on this event there is only two days left to register if you was thinking of attending as the numbers will be handed into mg harrogate on Fri night so if you are thinking of coming we definitely need your name by the 31st of July :}

Fusilier
30th July 2015, 16:28
Updated list with those that have expressed an interest in attending

Ricardo65
Gj53dgo
Lotustic and Lydia
Willshot
Shadowmobile
Bri + linda
Mgste
Little ulk
Dave lincs
Mgpete
Deltic08
PhilHex
Ssizefive
Marshap123
Rosswalki
Marinabrian
Suzublu (tbc)
Bluejon and Silvervixen
Actros
RobSun
NigelOBB

We now have 20 members who will be on the club stand, and we have to confirm numbers by tomorrow, so if anybody else would like to attend, can they let us know asap

Also myself and Ricard65 have kindly donated a number of rosettes which will be awarded to the best cars on the club stand, and we have also arranged for each member attending to have a small memento for the day, which each member attending will be asked to make a small contribution towards, which should work out at around £1

Many thanks

Stu

ricardo65
31st July 2015, 06:28
Last day to register for mg harrogate today Stu will be handing final numbers into the organizers this evening once the numbers are finalized I will post up the convoy route etc :}

Fusilier
31st July 2015, 12:23
Last day to register for mg harrogate today Stu will be handing final numbers into the organizers this evening once the numbers are finalized I will post up the convoy route etc :}

As Richard has mentioned, we are sending in final numbers this evening, so if you would like to attend and have not yet let us know, can you post up by no later than 1800 hrs this evening

At the event we shall be awarding rosettes to the following categories, so there is a good chance that you might win a rosette for your car

Rover 75 - 1st to 6th Place

MG ZT - 1st to 6th Place

Also each member attending will be able to purchase a memento to commemorate the day at a very small cost of around £1 for a rosette, which will be printed with "Rover 75 and MG ZT" and MG Harrogate

Hope to see you all there

Stu

RPWC
31st July 2015, 12:43
Will have to pass Stu, will be on holiday :shrug:

myfirstrover
31st July 2015, 17:00
Sadly I'm at work and can't get the day off , but you all have a good day :duh:

Fusilier
31st July 2015, 18:26
Thanks Richard and John

I have now sent the email to MG Harrogate letting them know of the numbers attending, looking forward to the show.

See you all there

Stu

ricardo65
1st August 2015, 18:00
Just to finalize travel arrangements for those who want to travel up in the convoy :} I will be meeting little ulk and Dave at the humberbridge we will then be travelling to ferrybridge were young steve his dad pete actros and Dave links will join the convoy hopefully we will be leaving ferrybridge around 830 am after a bacon buttie and a latte :D we will then be travelling up the A1 and onto the A59 Knaresborough were we will meet Gary and Lydia then b61165 towards Ripley anybody is free to join the convoy at anytime

For those who are making there own way there Steve Ssizefive has kindly volunteered to identify the club stand and welcome club members :bowdown:
really looking forward to this show see you all next Sunday

Fusilier
1st August 2015, 18:58
Just to finalize travel arrangements for those who want to travel up in the convoy :} I will be meeting little ulk and Dave at the humberbridge we will then be travelling to ferrybridge were young steve his dad pete actros and Dave links will join the convoy hopefully we will be leaving ferrybridge around 830 am after a bacon buttie and a latte :D we will then be travelling up the A1 and onto the A59 Knaresborough were we will meet Gary and Lydia then b61165 towards Ripley anybody is free to join the convoy at anytime

For those who are making there own way there Steve Ssizefive has kindly volunteered to identify the club stand and welcome club members :bowdown:

Thanks Richard for organising this for the Club, for those that have never been to Patley Bridge, when you cross the bridge, turn left into the Nidderdale Show Ground

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.085317,-1.761227,3a,75y,178.57h,63.43t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sxtnAmwcXBa1_gFwoxRawrg!2e0!7i1 3312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

and drive carefully through the town, as it has a 20 mph speed limit

Stu

PS picking up the rosettes on Friday for the prizes and also for the memento

PPS, don't forget your camera, as some fantastic opportunities to take photo's

ricardo65
3rd August 2015, 17:46

a quick bump on this post just in case anyone's missed it :}

rosswalki
4th August 2015, 10:13
a quick bump on this post just in case anyone's missed it :}

Which way will you be going to Patley after the A59? I will join the convoy. I live at The Sun Inn, HG3 1SZ, about a mile away from the A59. If you fancy a stop before continuing then I can arrange refreshments for everyone and also toilets etc in the pub. If you want to go straight there I will wait in a lay-bye on the A59 by High Moor caravan park and join the convoy.

Regards, Ross

Phil-Hex
4th August 2015, 10:49
i'll see you all there as we're camping all weekend :D

ricardo65
4th August 2015, 11:31
Which way will you be going to Patley after the A59? I will join the convoy. I live at The Sun Inn, HG3 1SZ, about a mile away from the A59. If you fancy a stop before continuing then I can arrange refreshments for everyone and also toilets etc in the pub. If you want to go straight there I will wait in a lay-bye on the A59 by High Moor caravan park and join the convoy.

Regards, Ross

Hi ross thanks for the invite unfortunately we wont have time for a stop again be for the showground as we are aiming to be there for 10 we will be heading on the B61165 off the A59 so you'll be able to pick us up on route matey see you Sunday :}

rosswalki
4th August 2015, 12:34
Hi ross thanks for the invite unfortunately we wont have time for a stop again be for the showground as we are aiming to be there for 10 we will be heading on the B61165 off the A59 so you'll be able to pick us up on route matey see you Sunday :}

Thanks, I shall see you there! Should be a good do!

NigelOBB
4th August 2015, 18:45
Hi Stu thought I'd already put my name down for this is it to late to squeeze in?

Fusilier
5th August 2015, 09:46
Hi Stu thought I'd already put my name down for this is it to late to squeeze in?

Nigel

We should be able to squeeze you in, but might not be able to get extra rosette, will try and see if they can do another one

Stu

NigelOBB
5th August 2015, 11:13
Thanks Stu, see you on Sunday, 😀

Fusilier
6th August 2015, 10:15
Just as a reminder for those attending the MG Harrogate show at Patley Bridge, the post code for the showground is: HG3 5BD

On entry into the showground, you will be met by one of the members of MG Harrogate and that is when you pay entry to the show, and can you let them know that you are part of the Rover 75 and MG ZT Club stand and they will direct you in the right direction, and Steve will already be there to meet you on the club stand.

See you all Sunday

Stu

ricardo65
6th August 2015, 11:19
Just a heads up on the convoy little ulks will have his go pro fastened to the front of his car so hopefully we should get some good footage of the convey on the way up :}

Fusilier
7th August 2015, 13:18
Well

been out this morning and collected the rosettes for Sunday, and am very pleased with them

There are 2 sets of 1st to 6th Place for the winners, which myself and Ricardo have donated as prizes

and then another batch, in Yellow which are printed with

Rover 75 and MG ZT Club on one of the rosette tails and MG Harrogate 2015 on the other

So get your cars polished, ready for Sunday http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon10.gifhttp://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon10.gifhttp://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon10.gifhttp://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon10.gifhttp://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon10.gifhttp://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

Stu

LotusLC
7th August 2015, 13:32
Well

been out this morning and collected the rosettes for Sunday, and am very pleased with them
So get your cars polished, ready for Sunday
Stu

Well done will be nice to have a memento of the day.

really don't think i will polish my car as it always rains on show days when i do :eek:

Fusilier
7th August 2015, 13:37

really don't think i will polish my car as it always rains on show days when i do :eek:

Gary

Weather looks to be ok for Sat and Sun, so think you will be ok to throw an oily rag over it, and then a coat of wax, and the water will then just run off !!!!

A man of your wealth should be using something like this

http://swns.com/news/british-businessman-launches-worlds-expensive-car-wax-costing-65000-38132/

See you Sunday

Stu

LotusLC
7th August 2015, 13:56
Ha ha ,blimey i thought your polish was expensive :eek:

LotusLC
7th August 2015, 17:52
I know this is the wrong place for a item wanted, but does anyone who is going to this show ,have a diesel air intake pipe. Mine has been cut, and want to put it back to how it should be.. Can buy or swap for an origanal black expansion tank..

Thanks Gary.

been to scrapyards around my way and no one has one.....

ricardo65
7th August 2015, 19:05

Go on Gary you know you want to :D hopefully we will be lucky with the weather this time see you Sunday :}

LotusLC
7th August 2015, 19:10
Go on Gary you know you want to :D hopefully we will be lucky with the weather this time see you Sunday :}

I have cleaned the alloys today, wash and polish tomorrow...

What time roughly will you hit the A59 ?, a rough guess is ok as i will get there early so as not to miss the boat , so to speak :eek:

ricardo65
7th August 2015, 19:32
I have cleaned the alloys today, wash and polish tomorrow...

What time roughly will you hit the A59 ?, a rough guess is ok as i will get there early so as not to miss the boat , so to speak :eek:

Gary if everything goes to plan we are going to leave ferrybridge as close to 830 as we can so if you time it off that we are going to video the convoy with a go pro so hopefully we will get some great footage last year we drove in behind a convoy of zfs and it was great to follow them in :}

ricardo65
7th August 2015, 19:43
I'd just like to say thankyou to Stu for making this day possible and for his guidance with organizing this meet from picking up the rosettes and printing the voting forms etc as I know Stu has entered his car into the Concours so he has enough just getting his car ready for the judges once again thanks Stu :bowdown: I'll see everyone on Sunday hopefully the weather will be kind to us if not we'll blame Gary for polishing his car :D

deltic08
7th August 2015, 20:11
Just as a reminder for those attending the MG Harrogate show at Patley Bridge, the post code for the showground is: HG3 5BD

On entry into the showground, you will be met by one of the members of MG Harrogate and that is when you pay entry to the show, and can you let them know that you are part of the Rover 75 and MG ZT Club stand and they will direct you in the right direction, and Steve will already be there to meet you on the club stand.

See you all Sunday

Stu

Stu, I don't want to alarm you but HG3 5BD is a suburb of Harrogate not Pateley Bridge.

Is there room for one more at this late stage please? My wife has agreed to drive my other ZT if she can spend part of the day at a friends house in Pateley.

Best wishes,

Adrian.

deltic08
7th August 2015, 20:20
Stu, I don't want to alarm you but HG3 5BD is a suburb of Harrogate not Pateley Bridge.

Is there room for one more at this late stage please? My wife has agreed to drive my other ZT if she can spend part of the day at a friends house in Pateley.

Best wishes,

Adrian.

Sorry my mistake. I typed 2BD instead of 5BD

Fusilier
7th August 2015, 20:23

Best wishes,

Adrian.

Adrian

I think that there should be just enough space, on the stand, so more than welcome

as regards the postcode, just copied the link from the MG Harrogate poster, and also put it into google maps and it shows the showground

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Pateley+Bridge,+Harrogate,+North+Yorkshire+HG3+5BD/@54.0842352,-1.7608273,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x487c00bb6579ce2f:0xc35a8 d32d28c2614

Stu

Fusilier
7th August 2015, 20:27
Sorry my mistake. I typed 2BD instead of 5BD

Done reply as you were doing yours, and thanks

See you Sunday

Stu

ssizefive
7th August 2015, 21:30
Looking forward to Sunday - it should be a good one. I have to drop my grandson off at his dad's 8.30 - 8.45am & will make my way over to the showground so i should be there 9.30ish at the latest.

The tractor has had a quick polish this evening as i won't have time to do anything with it tomorrow as i have a 2 year old to entertain from lunchtime & overnight so i apologize now in case i fall asleep during the show :D:D

Steve.

suzublu
7th August 2015, 21:44
Looking forward to Sunday - it should be a good one. I have to drop my grandson off at his dad's 8.30 - 8.45am & will make my way over to the showground so i should be there 9.30ish at the latest.

The tractor has had a quick polish this evening as i won't have time to do anything with it tomorrow as i have a 2 year old to entertain from lunchtime & overnight so i apologize now in case i fall asleep during the show :D:D

Steve.

Tart:p: Never let it be said that anyone falls asleep or gets bored during a show:getmecoat::D:D:D:D

ssizefive
7th August 2015, 21:55
Tart:p: Never let it be said that anyone falls asleep or gets bored during a show:getmecoat::D:D:D:D

I shall remind you of that when you wake up :D:D ( Assuming you haven't got bored & gone home!!!!! )

Steve.

Fusilier
8th August 2015, 16:01
Just a few Admin details for tomorrow

On arrival you will be met by Steve who will show you were to park, and then after parking up, can you please see Ricardo and collect a Sheet to display in your window and also a voting form and lastly collect a memento for the day which is one of these rosettes, and pay him £1 for the rosette

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r504/Stuart_McNulty/CIMG2573_zpsnibixy5k.jpg

then during the day, please hand your completed voting form to Ricardo, so that we can consolidate the results, please do not vote for your own car, and you are asked to vote for the best 6 Rover 75's and the best 6 MG ZTs

We plan to do the prize giving at around 1500 hrs

and can I and Rich thank you all for supporting the event and hope that you enjoy the day

Stu

ricardo65
9th August 2015, 05:48
Be setting off very shortly to pick up clo then carry on to meet little ulk and Dave little ulk will have set off by now if he hasn't he's in trouble :D on the first part of the convoy quite a nice morning hopefully we will miss the few showers that are forecast on the way up fingers crossed as I know Gary's polished his car :D

deltic08
9th August 2015, 08:17
Stu,

Apologies again but have been up most of the night with a fever and temperature of 103 in old money. I suspect kidney infection after cystoscopy last week. I must find some antibiotics to control the infection. Harrogate is the nearest place.

This is twice in a row I have missed an event through illness. Two days of preparation wasted. One day I will make it.

Best wishes,

Adrian

NigelOBB
9th August 2015, 16:52
Thank Stu another great day. Had to disappear early to pick up middle daughter from work..

ssizefive
9th August 2015, 18:14
Another excellent day out - a huge thanks to Stu & Rich for arranging everything & thanks to all who voted for my car.

Steve.

LotusLC
9th August 2015, 18:31
Another fantastic day out. Firstly a big Thank you to Fusilier and Ricardo65 for the organising of the day. Was nice to meet some new faces as well.
There were lots of fantastic cars for all to see, but the Shot Silk ZT-T which was parked with another group was just out of this world :drool4:

Lastly, a big Thank You from Lydia and myself to all the people who voted for our car. Lydia was beaming form ear to ear and the rosette is now on the wall in her bedroom.:bowdown:

suzublu
9th August 2015, 19:01
A grand day out Grommit:bowdown: usual accolades to the organisers:bowdown: some stunning cars on view from all marques:drool4: & very nice rosettes;) :D

willshot
9th August 2015, 19:06
Ditto for all that's been said before. Brilliant day at Pateley Bridge show. Big thank you to Stu & Rich for organizing it. Weather better than expected and some smashing cars on show.

marinabrian
9th August 2015, 19:14
An excellent day was had, many many thanks to Mr Grurple Hearse, and Mr Dodgem Wheels for organising a super meet :bowdown::bowdown:

Here's to next time ;)

trikey
9th August 2015, 19:46
Lol mr dodgem wheels. That's gonna stick 😜😜😜 well done Gary and Lydia too 😎😎

ricardo65
9th August 2015, 19:56
Lol mr dodgem wheels. That's gonna stick ������ well done Gary and Lydia too ����

Lol I'm happy with that after all the wheels are black :D:D

ricardo65
9th August 2015, 20:05
A great day and meet convoy worked a treat hopefully we'll have some footage :eek: Just like to thank everyone for supporting today :bowdown: Also thanks to Stu for masterminding and bringing this meet together and Steve for opening up the club stand finally well done to the winners Steve :bowdown:and especially to Gary and Lydia well deserved :bowdown: Here's to next year

The Incredible 'ULK'
9th August 2015, 21:10
Thanks to Stu and uncle Rich for organising the event, we had a fantastic day. Looking forward to going through the footage on the convoy and our drive in.

actros
9th August 2015, 22:01
What can you say its all been said thanks to Stu and ricardo and i got a prize:drool4::drool4::D:D:D

trikey
9th August 2015, 22:03
What can you say its all been said thanks to Stu and ricardo and i got a prize:drool4::drool4::D:D:D
Grumpiest Yorkshireman in attendance??? :D

Phil-Hex
9th August 2015, 22:08
as has been said, many thanks to Stu and Rich for organizing a great meet
first time i've ever had a rosette having never had a horse ...even if i did buy it :o
the old shed has a way to go to catch up with the cars today but hopefully over time we'll get her sorted

was great to finally catch up with Brian and his bootfull of magic toys :bowdown:, looking forward to getting the maf replaced and having a play with the new alterations ;);):cool:

oh and Brian you may have got a cuppa but i got a hell of a hug later on :cool::cool: thanks for that its was greatly appreciated and certainly confirmed most of what i've heard about you :p:

Bluejon
9th August 2015, 23:05
We can't really say any better than has already been said,special thanks must go to Stu & Rich for their organisation in association with this event enabling members to attend.

Yet again,you Guy's have pulled out all the stops,including the presentation of event rosettes for attendance & rosettes for best turned out 75s & ZTs a fantastic gesture from you both,very much appreciated by all we are sure,thus making the event even more enjoyable,many thanks Guy's.

Finally just to add 'Bluey' got a 2nd in the 75 section,a very nice surprise,as the standard of presentation of vehicles on show,[all credit must go to their owners]is getting higher & higher by the day.

Last but not least,many thanks to the members of this club that turned out for this,thus helping to make the day even better,we hope to attend this event again next Year.

Best Regards.

Jan & John.

PS Hopefully some pics of our cars to follow.

marshap123
10th August 2015, 12:52
Everyone's said these things already but I'm going to add that I also had a great day. The weather was good, plenty of cars turned up and the organisation was excellent (thank you Stu and Rich). The rosettes were a nice touch too. It was good to put some faces to the forum names as I haven't been to many events before. I'm looking forward to attending more in the coming months and meeting up with everyone again.

GJ53 DGO
10th August 2015, 19:55
I can only repeat what has already been said, thanks Rich and Stu for a great day, congrats to the competition winners, maybe one day I'll be considered competition to you all with my shed. Sorry we had to disappear early but little miss was poorly so had to get her home. I was looking forward to demolishing some onion rings with you Rich! Can't wait for the next one.:}:}:}

myfirstrover
10th August 2015, 20:47
:shrug: Come on gents , no photo's yet ?

Bluejon
10th August 2015, 23:12
Some pics of our cars on what turned out to be a fantastic day,many thanks to everyone for helping make it so.

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/jonjanack/1201B9.jpg (http://s306.photobucket.com/user/jonjanack/media/1201B9.jpg.html)

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/jonjanack/1203B9.jpg (http://s306.photobucket.com/user/jonjanack/media/1203B9.jpg.html)

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/jonjanack/1208B9.jpg (http://s306.photobucket.com/user/jonjanack/media/1208B9.jpg.html)

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/jonjanack/1204B9.jpg (http://s306.photobucket.com/user/jonjanack/media/1204B9.jpg.html)

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/jonjanack/1207B9.jpg (http://s306.photobucket.com/user/jonjanack/media/1207B9.jpg.html)

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/jonjanack/1209B9.jpg (http://s306.photobucket.com/user/jonjanack/media/1209B9.jpg.html)

Best Regards

John.

Bluejon
10th August 2015, 23:23
More........

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/jonjanack/1205B9.jpg (http://s306.photobucket.com/user/jonjanack/media/1205B9.jpg.html)

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/jonjanack/1211B9.jpg (http://s306.photobucket.com/user/jonjanack/media/1211B9.jpg.html)

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/jonjanack/1213B9.jpg (http://s306.photobucket.com/user/jonjanack/media/1213B9.jpg.html)

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/jonjanack/1210B9.jpg (http://s306.photobucket.com/user/jonjanack/media/1210B9.jpg.html)

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/jonjanack/1214B9.jpg (http://s306.photobucket.com/user/jonjanack/media/1214B9.jpg.html)

Best Regards.

John.

Bluejon
11th August 2015, 01:13
Pic's of the cars with thanks to the two Guy's who made it possible for us to attend Stu [Fusilier] & Rich [ricardo65] & for providing the fantastic rosettes,once again,many thanks to the both of you.

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/jonjanack/Stu%201B9.jpg (http://s306.photobucket.com/user/jonjanack/media/Stu%201B9.jpg.html)

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/jonjanack/Stu%202B9.jpg (http://s306.photobucket.com/user/jonjanack/media/Stu%202B9.jpg.html)

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/jonjanack/Stu%203B9.jpg (http://s306.photobucket.com/user/jonjanack/media/Stu%203B9.jpg.html)

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/jonjanack/Rich%201B9.jpg (http://s306.photobucket.com/user/jonjanack/media/Rich%201B9.jpg.html)

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/jonjanack/Rich%202B9.jpg (http://s306.photobucket.com/user/jonjanack/media/Rich%202B9.jpg.html)

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/jonjanack/Rich%203B9.jpg (http://s306.photobucket.com/user/jonjanack/media/Rich%203B9.jpg.html)

Best Regards.

John.

The Incredible 'ULK'
12th August 2015, 22:06
Heres a few of mine:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/cnsBUCDgXkxxgEIztrabJbsLj9Qq1LaWMbTb-vEokRU=w1330-h886-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/ivWFelxOaANiMyDVAfIy5bg8W0Q1-dLQbpKZRv3UWPU=w1330-h886-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/uBHBM7UpNX2lejZLcwyASN7ezDxZrN994ihdoILnpks=w1330-h886-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/HQy3dlUNCi9BUZBOp1Gzy0SzWr7tSr8wsVrMrEhsnVk=w1330-h886-no

More to come...

The Incredible 'ULK'
12th August 2015, 23:03
Some More:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/m0pWQdPx0HO2btrpsMpKcZSEyrqX70gYA_hZ30PZjPs=w1330-h886-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/7YhE7S5VzVfzlZSewbSm6c61fhm9f-GabAG-UC1sU6o=w1330-h886-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/nykmKdbvLPVLY04-XVLU8XR4CtbN0TPs3Fyd_UPH2-Y=w1330-h886-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/FdD1rFyTPvDFp-zBhEwsApwXSIWu7x9AuAuINGYohgA=w1330-h886-no

myfirstrover
13th August 2015, 10:42
:drool4: That diesel engine bay is something to behold !

ricardo65
13th August 2015, 18:29
A few pictures :}
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=51207&stc=1&d=1439490248
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=51208&stc=1&d=1439490285
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=51209&stc=1&d=1439490318
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=51210&stc=1&d=1439490383

ricardo65
13th August 2015, 18:50
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=51219&stc=1&d=1439491295

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=51221&stc=1&d=1439491556

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=51222&stc=1&d=1439491627

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=51223&stc=1&d=1439491627

deltic08
13th August 2015, 19:30
Hello Stu,

Out of hospital again. Sorry to have missed you all. I desperately wanted to meet Brian as he can fix one of my problems and probably others.I spent two days preparing two cars but am afraid neither looks as good as the photos on here. Are these cars used daily like mine?

Do I owe you any money Stu as I didn't make it? Cost of banner etc.?

Best wishes,

Adrian.

Dallas
13th August 2015, 20:12
Wow! :eek: some amazing looking cars, I'm so jealous... :drool4:

Fusilier
13th August 2015, 20:29
Hello Stu,

Out of hospital again. Sorry to have missed you all. I desperately wanted to meet Brian as he can fix one of my problems and probably others.I spent two days preparing two cars but am afraid neither looks as good as the photos on here. Are these cars used daily like mine?

Do I owe you any money Stu as I didn't make it? Cost of banner etc.?

Best wishes,

Adrian.

Adrian

No, and really sorry you missed it, especially after spending that time on your cars, think that most of those that attended enjoyed the day, but I understand that you were not well, but hopefully you can catch us with the lads next time we have a meet in that area

Stu

PS and thanks to all the members that attended, and well done to all for getting your cars to such a high standard, they all deserved a prize

The Incredible 'ULK'
14th August 2015, 15:40
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/mUJU2iqGL3_LmzBpcdEZnAMV_Mb8sunQrjc0mC30Q1c=w1330-h886-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Kwvxf_xZaVRV0Y28pJaPCSSbRF8q2v7_YL9nVXrUdqc=w1330-h886-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/7zeiYtUw8QOyy-jUJW9WyDovNJJZwWIYtv5dfZlqFBs=w1330-h886-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/KP-kDoG2bcM-CXYcrBZKMjVi0VxcDmZkls5dEYvntxo=w1330-h886-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/MHhI6jRWHu_qOuPGlLiUC7bB3W0oTFuD9UO7bC1FWm8=w1330-h886-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/hUOSIWxDmtWRcScd--dicj3EpqVk5f4IhLRpfoPg7D8=w1330-h886-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/eoZU6aXKyTnaki5PAYSrqVTivIaMSvX5HqPkyEwRLCk=w1330-h886-no

The Incredible 'ULK'
14th August 2015, 15:42
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_eOBJhHgVsRyROx59CeSienv59avZAY2_GSCiDE3QpE=w1330-h886-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/qJZyfyj061a6JuJyun0HDy4kXdCRswVE5_G0AmOS_uA=w1330-h886-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/t-TkBUdWg0oVGQM1jYxaU7F4EzvlThLgIGlqPiJXvsQ=w1330-h886-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/BNIZ5Pc76n9dIAbZ6ElzSbSQIacMmLniuN8A8WoLuaY=w1330-h886-no

LotusLC
14th August 2015, 17:40
Lydia said thank you Dan, very good pics. She really likes the one you took of us on convoy.:}

The Incredible 'ULK'
14th August 2015, 19:27
Lydia said thank you Dan, very good pics. She really likes the one you took of us on convoy.:}

You're welcome :} Glad you like them, the credit goes to Scarlet for the convoy pic, as I was driving :D

LotusLC
14th August 2015, 20:09
Ah yes of course, thanks Scarlet:D

ricardo65
14th August 2015, 21:12
Great pictures scarlet love the one in the mirror :drool4: Little ulk when you sorted the convoy footage out :}

The Incredible 'ULK'
14th August 2015, 21:31
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/16kStqfpwwPobNxDWDgXrpakNGQQL0g9Y7lu5o6UIto=w1333-h888-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/d-fIXG0A6LL5yNeOkT6CJxLWKtXxgaoaAQKP0YU4CA8=w1333-h888-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/MjY6WDGRBvs39R8h7J4MWNM0msQYc1Lgv_cX80addW8=w1333-h888-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/kGkPvbvQcGYjG_cc0Ch6QHrpzx2JN0_qB9cjwk_wEp8=w1333-h888-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Bw1AxKYm0NgczjHqGPyu3p-KWvqBkiuvQI98JKswkEU=w1333-h888-no

The Video to follow soon :}

YorksMG2013
15th August 2015, 18:16
Some cracking cars there on the day (including ZTs of course!)

I wasn't in my ZT but supporting my local car club - I see a snap of my white MG Maestro among other members' photos.

May not be R75/ZT related but got a lot of interest (not many 1980s MGs left these days)

Andrew

ricardo65
15th August 2015, 19:36
Some cracking cars there on the day (including ZTs of course!)

I wasn't in my ZT but supporting my local car club - I see a snap of my white MG Maestro among other members' photos.

May not be R75/ZT related but got a lot of interest (not many 1980s MGs left these days)

Andrew

Your maestro was my favorite car of the day :bowdown: Like you say not many cars around from the 80s how I wished I'd kept mine now lol :duh:

YorksMG2013
15th August 2015, 21:15
Cheers Ricardo

My Dad had one of these back in the day (1984) - it was an early 2-litre car, still with the electronic talking dash.

Mine is not really concourse standard, but that's not what I asked the guys who restored it, to do. I wanted it to be structurally sound (which is where most of the work had to be done). Mechanically it was sound, some paintwork had to be done. Luckily the interior was pretty good already.

Cheers

Andrew

The Incredible 'ULK'
15th August 2015, 21:37
Heres the first edit of our journey in :D

https://youtu.be/hUFP2dZBiC8

Second part to come when I've finished putting it all together.

ricardo65
16th August 2015, 07:33
Did I spy a bittersweet tourer on the right in one of the villages on the video :}

MrDoodles
16th August 2015, 07:43
Cheers Ricardo

My Dad had one of these back in the day (1984) - it was an early 2-litre car, still with the electronic talking dash.

If it was an 84 and had the electronic dash, it would have been a 1.6, as I sold these new at the time!.....

marinabrian
16th August 2015, 07:53
If it was an 84 and had the electronic dash, it would have been a 1.6, as I sold these new at the time!.....

Bing bong, low oil pressure.......Arggggh!

MrDoodles
16th August 2015, 07:56
Bing bong, low oil pressure.......Arggggh!

And wasn't the early three piece dash a joy!

More creeks and squeaks than a stately home!...

marinabrian
16th August 2015, 13:25
http://xo.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/dodgem01.jpgLol mr dodgem wheels. That's gonna stick ������ well done Gary and Lydia too ����

Here's my mate Max delivering Ricardo's new motor :drool4:

http://xo.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/dodgems02.jpg

marinabrian
16th August 2015, 13:29
For Andy :drool4:

http://www.andysaunders.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/andy-saunders-saline-warrior.png

trikey
16th August 2015, 13:29
For Andy :drool4:

http://www.andysaunders.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/andy-saunders-saline-warrior.png

I want it now!!!:D

ricardo65
16th August 2015, 14:03
http://xo.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/dodgem01.jpg

Here's my mate Max delivering Ricardo's new motor :drool4:

http://xo.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/dodgems02.jpg

That's ace :D I want a street dodgem :D:D

LotusLC
16th August 2015, 14:56
Lydia reckons the tourer parked up was Shot silk. All I know is , it was gorgeous. ;)

ricardo65
16th August 2015, 15:53
Lydia reckons the tourer parked up was Shot silk. All I know is , it was gorgeous. ;)

I missed it on the way up Gary only glimpsed it in the video was it at the show or did I miss it there as well :}

LotusLC
16th August 2015, 16:07
Yes Rich, it was at the show. Near the lifestyle V8 at the far corner from our stand.

ricardo65
16th August 2015, 16:12
Yes Rich, it was at the show. Near the lifestyle V8 at the far corner from our stand.

:duh: Can't believe I missed that :duh:

LotusLC
16th August 2015, 16:16
When we looked at it we could not see a mark on it. Has been very well looked after. :}

ricardo65
16th August 2015, 16:24
When we looked at it we could not see a mark on it. Has been very well looked after. :}

Did Lydia get any pictures :drool4:

LotusLC
16th August 2015, 16:36
http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy111/lotuslc/20150809_114224_zpsdxnqtcgs.jpg (http://s783.photobucket.com/user/lotuslc/media/20150809_114224_zpsdxnqtcgs.jpg.html)

ricardo65
16th August 2015, 17:09
Gary not the one in the video have a look 8 minutes 35 seconds in at a house on the right :}

LotusLC
16th August 2015, 17:18
I don't know but Lydia said it is the same car. The lighting is causing the colour change. She also said it had the same number plate :eek:.

ricardo65
16th August 2015, 17:23
I don't know but Lydia said it is the same car. The lighting is causing the colour change. She also said it had the same number plate :eek:.

That's good enough for me Gary nice 1 Lydia :}

YorksMG2013
17th August 2015, 06:24
From launch in 1983 through to April 1984 the MG Maestro had the R-series 1.6 engine, which had various problems. This was replaced for 6 months (May-October 1984) with the S-Series (which fixed some of these issues). Thereafter the MG had the 2-litre O-Series, so late 1984 cars did have the 2-litre.

I know the 'M' cars (Metro, Maestro and Montego) are not to everyone's taste, but they form a part of the continuum from the Magnette ZA through to the 'Z' cars (ZR, ZS & ZT)

Andrew

AURORA MG
17th August 2015, 08:04

Husband & Wife own that & the Shot Silk TF parked next to the ZT-T.

YorksMG2013
18th August 2015, 08:18
I'm sure I probably saw your car at Pateley Bridge that year (how many M cars do you see, as you said?)

Presumably you've seen - http://www.maestro.org.uk/forums/
You may be a member already there?

Anyway, I'll keep defending them, as I've said before, without them the MG brand would have fallen out of the public's eye

Andrew