PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Kent & Surrounding meet. 26th July.

FLYING BANANA
30th June 2015, 19:19
"Onwards & Upwards" is our motto.

The 3rd Kent & Surrounding meet will be held at Chatham Dockyard on Sunday 26th July 2015. Noon till late.

Address for the Dockyard is; Dock Road, Chatham, Kent. ME4 4TY

Plenty to do if you wish to visit the Dockyard. Admission is £19 for an adult but the ticket entitles you to return as many times as you want over 12 months. There is a discount for group visits but the ticket is only valid on the day. Free car park.

www.thedockyard.co.uk (http://www.thedockyard.co.uk)

There is also a Shopping complex close by with a cinema, pub, fast food, restaurants and outlet stores. Plenty of parking but does have a 4 hour time limit.

All are welcome no matter what you drive.

Those attending;

Nathan - Rover 100 ---------FB
Steve - Rover 200 -------FB
Dave & Becky - Rover 75
Sydneymj - Rover 75
Barry S - Rover 75.****** Ex- Grandy car.*******
Neil - Rover 45 or Rover 75
Robert S - Rover 45 --------FB
Coraa & Jay - MG ZR ----------Has Pink Wheels
Vicky - MG ZR
Jo - MG ZR - Trophy Yellow -maybe
James MG ZR
Carla - MG ZT or MG ZS - maybe --------FB
Paul - MG ZT - Trophy Yellow
Bob - MG ZT - Sunspot Yellow
Ian & Jan - MG ZT - Redfive
Didz - MG ZT
Pistonbroke666 - MG ZT or MG 3
David - MG ZT
Chris M - MG ZT ----------FB
Ben W - MG ZT -----------FB
Ray Squires - MG ZT ---------FB ---- Maybe
Andrew B - MG ZT ------------FB
Buckyhill - MG ZTT, or MG RV8 or MG TF but only if the sun is out.
Rkdag - MG ZTT.
Emm & Kev - MG ZS
Stuart - MG ZS
Steve E - MG ZS ------ FB
Mike W - MG ZS--------FB
Ryan - MG ZS -maybe
Michelle - MG ZS
Kerwyn - MG F -----------Car is For Sale.
Kira - MG F or MG 3
Neil - MG TF
AuroraMG - MG Express or MG Montego, if not raining.

FB = names from our Facebook page

Names are needed if anyone wants to go into the Dockyard to have a look round. Group discount reduces the Adult ticket price to £16.50. 15 people gets us the discount. Please note that the ticket is ONLY valid for the day.

Kent & Surrounding are moving meets around Kent to give people a chance to attend without having to travel too far, depending on where you live of course.

Our base meet will be still at the "Long Reach" pub in Whitstable Kent CT5 3DB, where we will meet every other month.

EVENT DISCLAIMER
Please be aware this is not an official Rover 75/MG ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the Club's public liability insurance. Also the Owners Club takes no responsibility for the meet in anyway.

pm77
30th June 2015, 20:02
Blimey Bob, 4 weeks notice:eek:!!

You don't want us flat caps and ferrets down there do you?:D:getmecoat:

FLYING BANANA
30th June 2015, 20:31
Blimey Bob, 4 weeks notice:eek:!!

You don't want us flat caps and ferrets down there do you?:D:getmecoat:

All are welcome to our get in early meets.

pm77
30th June 2015, 21:02
If I could I'd attend, looks like a good family day too. And not far from my Gran's: D

zonk1969
6th July 2015, 12:35
Looking forward to this even more now after last night's meet :) :)

sydneymj
9th July 2015, 13:26
I will be attending with my Rover 75 Tourer

FLYING BANANA
9th July 2015, 13:54
I will be attending with my Rover 75 Tourer
Name added. See you there on the day.

Didz
12th July 2015, 21:38
Please add me to the list. I did post up on the Facebook page as well.
Thanks
Didz

FLYING BANANA
13th July 2015, 07:12
Please add me to the list. I did post up on the Facebook page as well.
Thanks
Didz

Ok Didz name on list. Be good to see you.

rkdag
18th July 2015, 16:43
Can you please add me to the list. Probably be in the F as i want the ZT-T nice and clean for Monday morning when we go away (and i know Paul will want me to take the F now he has had his 3rd drive in it lol and also after a shot of Dave's F)

FLYING BANANA
18th July 2015, 16:54
Can you please add me to the list. Probably be in the F as i want the ZT-T nice and clean for Monday morning when we go away (and i know Paul will want me to take the F now he has had his 3rd drive in it lol and also after a shot of Dave's F)

Ok, name on the ever growing list.

powell
18th July 2015, 17:45
Bob, I'll probably take the Pearl Black ZT rather than the MGF as I want Coraa to take alook at the paint/damage to my passenger door and wing.

woody804
18th July 2015, 17:50
Ron is my new BFF lol

FLYING BANANA
18th July 2015, 18:06
Bob, I'll probably take the Pearl Black ZT rather than the MGF as I want Coraa to take alook at the paint/damage to my passenger door and wing.

Ok, be lovely to see you in whatever you arrive in. List altered.

FLYING BANANA
18th July 2015, 18:07
Ron is my new BFF lol

Be nice to see you again Paul.

FLYING BANANA
21st July 2015, 08:57
Those attending the Chatham Dock Yard Meet from the Essex side of the Thames. We are meeting at Thurrock services at 10.30 and leaving at 10.45.

I believe there are one or two that intend to travel from the Halfway House meet to the Chatham Meet.

As per norm ALL ARE WELCOME.

If you need any further details then do not hesitate to PM me.

Pistonbroke666
21st July 2015, 14:13
Those attending the Chatham Dock Yard Meet from the Essex side of the Thames. We are meeting at Thurrock services at 10.30 and leaving at 10.45.

I believe there are one or two that intend to travel from the Halfway House meet to the Chatham Meet.

As per norm ALL ARE WELCOME.

If you need any further details then do not hesitate to PM me.

I was just reading through the thread wondering whether there'd be a convoy from ESSEX and low and behold there is.

I'm a provisional yes for this meet - always fancied checking out the docks so this sounds like a good excuse to go.

I was wondering though, if I'm unable to make the convoy, is the meeting spot pretty obvious if I turned up around 1pm?

FLYING BANANA
21st July 2015, 14:26
I was just reading through the thread wondering whether there'd be a convoy from ESSEX and low and behold there is.

I'm a provisional yes for this meet - always fancied checking out the docks so this sounds like a good excuse to go.

I was wondering though, if I'm unable to make the convoy, is the meeting spot pretty obvious if I turned up around 1pm?
Yes, as you enter the site bear left at the first roundabout. Huge car park almost straight in front of you. Be a couple of YELLOW ZT's on site.

Looking forward to seeing you again. Name on list

Pistonbroke666
21st July 2015, 15:17
Yes, as you enter the site bear left at the first roundabout. Huge car park almost straight in front of you. Be a couple of YELLOW ZT's on site.

Looking forward to seeing you again. Name on list

Excellent, cheers buddy.
With regards to getting in on the museum discount, may I confirm with you later in the week?

FLYING BANANA
21st July 2015, 15:19
Excellent, cheers buddy.
With regards to getting in on the museum discount, may I confirm with you later in the week?
So far no-one has shown any interest in going to the museum. But the car park is free.

Pistonbroke666
21st July 2015, 15:31
So far no-one has shown any interest in going to the museum. But the car park is free.

Ah ok no worries, it's not much more on the door anyway.

Thanks for your help.

buckyhill
22nd July 2015, 21:35
Not sure wether to go to the halfway house or the Chatham dockyard on Sunday. Which one has the most going

FLYING BANANA
22nd July 2015, 22:03
Not sure wether to go to the halfway house or the Chatham dockyard on Sunday. Which one has the most going
Entirely up to you. I started off at the Halfway House meets, now in it's 5th year. Good venue with a good mix of cars. Good pub with good food. And I still attend whenever I can.

But a change is as good as a rest. That's why I now attend a few meets in Kent, again whenever I can.

Normally the HH meets are held on the 3rd Sunday and the Kent meets on the last Sunday so as not to clash. But because of other events the HH team changed their date.

The choice is yours. You will be made welcome at whichever one choose.

Ian G
23rd July 2015, 18:10
Hi Bob
Is this just a car park meet or is there a coffee shop/pub that we can go to? Asking because the weather don't look good for Sunday mate
Cheers Ian

FLYING BANANA
23rd July 2015, 19:01
Hi Bob
Is this just a car park meet or is there a coffee shop/pub that we can go to? Asking because the weather don't look good for Sunday mate
Cheers Ian

There is a coffee shop within. Or a stroll across the way is the retail shopping site. Loads of eating and coffee shops plus shops for Jan to have a stroll round. And a cinema where they show talkies.

However there will be some Sun(spot) at the meet.

FLYING BANANA
24th July 2015, 07:18

Well I've put you down as a "maybe". You are our first ZTT on the list.

FLYING BANANA
24th July 2015, 07:20
We are meeting in Thurrock services on Sunday at 10.30. Hoping to leave by 10.45

buckyhill
24th July 2015, 14:20
May well bring my RV8 if there is any sign of sunshine
Bill

FLYING BANANA
24th July 2015, 14:42
May well bring my RV8 if there is any sign of sunshine
Bill

Well the weather is not looking too good but hopefully the sun will shine for the RV8 to have a nice run.

rkdag
24th July 2015, 14:42
Bob

Change of plan. Ill be bringing the ZT-T or as Dave and Paul call it "The Taxi" lol (Not especially nice as Dave used to own it lol). Thought i would get that in before them lol. (Sorry Paul for not taking the F).

Ron

FLYING BANANA
24th July 2015, 15:15
Bob

Change of plan. Ill be bringing the ZT-T or as Dave and Paul call it "The Taxi" lol (Not especially nice as Dave used to own it lol). Thought i would get that in before them lol. (Sorry Paul for not taking the F).

Ron

Not a problem. Doubt if the other two are awake yet anyway. See you Sunday.

AURORA MG
24th July 2015, 19:26
Hope to be there if not raining.

FLYING BANANA
24th July 2015, 19:55
Hope to be there if not raining.

Ok Andrew. Hopefully the weather will relent.

rkdag
26th July 2015, 17:43
Really enjoyed my first Kent meet, thanks everyone, was a good laugh.
Just a few pics.

Ron

rkdag
26th July 2015, 18:02
And a few more.

Ron

powell
26th July 2015, 18:13
Excellent meet. Very nice people and very friendly.

powell
26th July 2015, 18:18
3rd Kent and Surrounding meet today.. Some pix

powell
26th July 2015, 18:20
Some more pix

woody804
26th July 2015, 18:22
Good pics all

FLYING BANANA
26th July 2015, 19:34
Very good meet with 35 cars. Amazing turnout with. Second car meet joining us as well, shame about the weather. Good idea to move to the multi storey to get out of the rain. Then back to the dockyard to finish off the photo's.

Well done to Coraa for the stickers and taking the clothing order.

I'll post some pictures up tomorrow.

Rick-sta
26th July 2015, 20:17
wow fantastic turnout guys well done :)

This ones on my to do list, once my Exams are out of the way I'll definitely make an appearance :)

Rick

buckyhill
26th July 2015, 21:13
Sorry I didn't get there today to meet you all, I noticed bob said I would only come if the sun was out, I am afraid the chemo keeps me very cold. Looking forward to meeting you all in the near future.
Bill

FLYING BANANA
27th July 2015, 11:45
A few pictures from a damp summers day in Chatham.

FLYING BANANA
27th July 2015, 11:49
Yes it is a private ambulance. Totally legal.

FLYING BANANA
27th July 2015, 11:54
Was a wee bit damp.

zonk1969
27th July 2015, 19:04
Great turnout . Great Cars . Great people . Great day .

**** WEATHER :shrug::shrug:

Ian G
29th July 2015, 15:49
Really enjoyed the meet even the weather couldn't spoil the day, nice to see such a wide variety of cars and meet a whole lot of new friendly folks.
We will do our best to get to another meet later in the year...
cheers Ian