PDA

View Full Version : Diesel temp of 98 degrees OK?

first-things-first
5th July 2015, 19:20
What temperature should the diesel run at in this hot weather whilst idling?

Just looked at mine and it says 98 in garage, but with doors open. The radiator is hot all over. Noticed in winter that one side does not get too hot (towards the bottom right looking from front) and runs at 90 degrees.

Just asking, as it feels fine, other than MAF seems to run a bit out of spec. Am looking at that spearately.

klarzy
5th July 2015, 19:27
What temperature should the diesel run at in this hot weather whilst idling?

Just looked at mine and it says 98 in garage, but with doors open. The radiator is hot all over. Noticed in winter that one side does not get too hot (towards the bottom right looking from front) and runs at 90 degrees.

Just asking, as it feels fine, other than MAF seems to run a bit out of spec. Am looking at that spearately.

mine runs between 86 and 96 normally with the top hose stat mod in place...

did go up to 98 stuck in traffic at the POL...

first-things-first
5th July 2015, 19:30
Thanks Klarzy. Mine has the OEM thermo. Noticed the fan come on the other day. Shocked me as never heard it without A/C running.

klarzy
5th July 2015, 19:32
the hotter the better as far as diesels go (better fuel efficiency) but there are limits for the hoses and pressure....

I have been thinking about waterless coolant :shrug:

first-things-first
5th July 2015, 19:39
I 'spose we have got till 115 degrees in the 'OK' range.

klarzy
5th July 2015, 19:42
I 'spose we have got till 115 degrees in the 'OK' range.

I would not like to try it....:eek:

trebor
5th July 2015, 20:46
With the inline mod and uprated stat mine often gets to just over 100 but soon toggles back down, not caused me any issues