PDA

View Full Version : Does ZT with comfort suspension sit lower than 75?

Stag>75
6th July 2015, 12:15
Simple question, I have searched but cannot find the answer. Basically I'm trying to work out what would happen if I put the ZT comfort springs/dampers on my 75 (I'm looking for a firmer ride but the car is low enough for me already)

suffolk boy
6th July 2015, 12:22
the last time i looked at a book with the dimensions in the ride height of a zt it was lower than a 75

suzublu
6th July 2015, 12:32
The ride height for a 75 is http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y191/waveguide/Dimensions_Saloon.jpg
The MG variant is 20mm lower if that helps :shrug::}

Stag>75
6th July 2015, 12:45
The MG variant is 20mm lower if that helps :shrug::}

Is the lowering due to springs only or also due to a difference in the mounting of the subframe? ie: If I put ZT springs/dampers on a 75 will it necessarily lower it?

Dorset Bob
6th July 2015, 12:54
There is some information here (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W9rp3TuH74yImCQePrO6v6wL8-yJfa3y-VtDJ0mr93s/edit?pli=1#gid=0) that shows the comfort springs are longer than the sports springs.
It is not my excel sheet and I must have got it from someone on here, somewhere. :shrug:

T-Cut
6th July 2015, 16:08
Changing the spring temper should not alter the ride height, providing they're specified type.

TC

minimutly
7th July 2015, 19:02
Who mentioned changing spring temper?
Springs do vary by different rates according to material, but mostly its to do with wire diameter and number of turns.
The free length is neither here nor there on its own.
If you want stiffer you're stuffed, in theory. But my daughters zt rears were changed with aftermarket ones, which are considerably stiffer and sit taller than the original comfort springs. To the point the car tends to follow the road surface at the rear - kind of like a 3 wheeler, but not as much.
Good luck, its a lottery.

T-Cut
7th July 2015, 21:39
Who mentioned changing spring temper?

That'd be me. I used the term to loosely indicate a change in compression rate rather than something metalurgical.

TC