PDA

View Full Version : MK 1 75 Grill

stevenicks
7th July 2015, 12:46
Hi everyone,

I have just got hold of a MK 1 grill from one of our kind members (Greeners). I have removed the vertical slats and covered with it with mesh. However I am unable to fit it in place as the release lever at the front of the grill gets in the way. Is there a necessity to remove this and if so how is it done?
I am aware that if a mesh grill is fitted I would have to open the bonnet by releasing the catch in-between the bonnet and slam panel.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Steve

suffolk boy
7th July 2015, 13:04
the lever is indepent of the bonnet release mech.so remove it and fit a later rover or mg one. there is then no lever to poke thro your mesh grill.this is then acessed via the gap in the bonnet when you pull the release

stevenicks
7th July 2015, 13:16
Thanks for replying Phillip. Is it easy to remove?

suzublu
7th July 2015, 13:31
Just push it back out of the way, then fit the grill. Pop the bonnet in the usual way, then push the hook back with your fingers between the slam panel & bonnet. No need to remove the lever just in case you fit another normal grill. Or, fit a ZT bonnet release;)

suffolk boy
7th July 2015, 13:32
two bolts.but you may not have enough room to wiggle it out remove the black ducts and give it a go.or i think you can leave the lever tucked back and use your fingers on the bit of the catch that sticks out of the slam panel to open the bonnet

stevenicks
7th July 2015, 15:15
Thanks guys for your assistance. I have modified a way to hold the lever back away from the mesh without removing it. I have taken some photo's that I will try to post later as I have never posted any before.

Once again, thanks for your assistance.

Steve

Grumpy1
7th July 2015, 15:31
Just push it back out of the way, then fit the grill. Pop the bonnet in the usual way, then push the hook back with your fingers between the slam panel & bonnet. No need to remove the lever just in case you fit another normal grill. Or, fit a ZT bonnet release;)

:iagree:

Chad.

Greeners
7th July 2015, 15:41
Hi everyone,

I have just got hold of a MK 1 grill from one of our kind members (Greeners). I have removed the vertical slats and covered with it with mesh. However I am unable to fit it in place as the release lever at the front of the grill gets in the way. Is there a necessity to remove this and if so how is it done?
I am aware that if a mesh grill is fitted I would have to open the bonnet by releasing the catch in-between the bonnet and slam panel.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Steve

Glad it's of some use