PDA

View Full Version : Stiff passenger side door handle

Ravinder
7th July 2015, 14:12
Hey guys

When opening the passenger door handle from the outside, I really have to yank the handle to get it open as it's extremely stiff. It appears to open fine from the inside. Not sure what the issue is. Any ideas on how to rectify this? Thanks. Ravinder.

Mike24
7th July 2015, 19:53
I have read a thread on here about the connecting bar from the outside handle to the door mechanism becoming bent due to undue force being applied when the door gets stuck due to ice. The remedy is to remove the door card and either straighten the bar or use the adjusting nut to take up the slack. Maybe someone can remember where the link is and point you to it?

Jules
7th July 2015, 20:03
Try spraying some aerosol grease into the handle gap (the opposite end to where it pivots)
Can with a thin tube is what we use on every service and makes the handle action like new again. :cool:

ProfDave
7th July 2015, 20:07
As Jules says; I have always used a PTFE lube on the door handles since I had a 75 new in 1999. A quick squirt into the hole behind the lever that goes into the door handle seems to do the trick with me

Ravinder
8th July 2015, 00:26
Thank you. Ok, I'll give the spray a go first and take it from there. Will keep you updated.