PDA

View Full Version : Mg suv

suzublu
8th July 2015, 15:50
What do you think of this:shrug::shrug: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/mg/89900/mg-gs-first-pics-of-mgs-new-suv-in-shanghai

MrDoodles
8th July 2015, 16:33
Looks a nice enough thing, but it'll be launched into a crowded market and it's not an MG!.....

Dart2050
9th July 2015, 05:38
Been waiting to see pic of this thank you.
Could be a cheaper rival to Kia Sportage and as such be of interest to me.
Looking for something to do my farm visits with where a bit more ground clearance and AWD will be handy. Plus need more rear headroom which is why I am selling my MG6 and the SUV looks like it has higher headroom from these pics. Will be very interested to try one when they arrive here in January.

Lee T
20th July 2015, 06:12
Totally agree it is NOT an MG but it's also not as offensive to the eyes as the Nissan Juke doesn't have a silly name like the Juke and isn't from a car brand who's usual offerings rival only Diazipan. Hope it sells well.

Billy1mate
20th July 2015, 07:07
It just looks like the Nissan Joke/Squashy soft roaders, I'd rather walk to be honest.:getmecoat:

Pistonbroke666
20th July 2015, 09:31
I think it's a step in the right direction for MG.

They need to get it out there ASAP to really tap in to the booming mini 4x4 market.... but they also need to get it right.

I want this to work so that one day we might see another sports car from this iconic brand - this can only happen once they get the bread and butter part of the business right.

AURORA MG
20th July 2015, 13:22
MG Rover had plans of a 4x4 back in 2004, possibly before. Would we say that wasn't an MG had it come out?

They have to move with the market same as all the others. There are plenty of threads where someone including me says MG are too slow in doing anything!!

Leyland Worldmaster
20th July 2015, 13:24
Fugly... Just fugly!

2.2-600-vtec
20th July 2015, 17:25
Not bad be interesting to see what the 2.0 petrol turbo engine is? Reworked T series? Maybe.

James.uk
20th July 2015, 17:35
>> Fugly... Just fugly! <<

I agree, tiz ugly innit... :eek:. ....... :shrug:

barry
23rd July 2015, 02:57
For goodness sake folks let's move with the times. From a Kiwi point of view it is exactly what would sell here amongst the suburban tractor drivers. Mainly indistinguishable from the rest it may be, but would look great outside the School. Maybe also contains some DNA from decades of four wheel drive tech.
We aren't going to see a pure MG any more. For me, good to see the badge still out there. More power to their arm.

Cheers

Les4048
23rd July 2015, 05:12
Not an MG!!!! It's got an MG badge so it's an MG. remarks like that anger me, it's as bad as those snobby MG B brigade looking down their noses at my 260 with the remark "it's not a real MG" get your head out of your backside and stop the snobbery.

MrDoodles
23rd July 2015, 08:09
Not an MG!!!! It's got an MG badge so it's an MG. remarks like that anger me, it's as bad as those snobby MG B brigade looking down their noses at my 260 with the remark "it's not a real MG" get your head out of your backside and stop the snobbery.

Sorry Les, would have to disagree! :(

You own a fabulous example of an MG ZT-T SE V8 and that IS an MG, as it was built in a British factory, but British workers, under British ownership. :bowdown:

Now any Company can "buy" a Marque, (which is what SAIC did) but just because it wears an MG badge, IMO, the SAIC product never has and never will be an "MG" and if it was marketed and sold in this Country as a SAIC (which is what it is) we wouldn't even mention it on this site! :(

Pistonbroke666
23rd July 2015, 10:58
What makes an MG?
Is it the design behind it or simply where it is made or maybe even a combination of both?

For me, it's the design - the assembly is just, well, the assembly.

Where are the modern MG's designed? Longbridge. That's what makes it an MG for me.

topman
23rd July 2015, 11:08
Nice I'm sure it will sell well. These cars are very popular at the moment.

As to whether it is an MG of course it is. It's made under the company MG therefore it is an MG. Would people say that all rovers made under bmw aren't really rovers? Of course not. The brand is the brand.

barry
23rd July 2015, 21:35
Hi folks
I was being a bit facetious in my post in regard to 'real' MGs, this car is indeed in my mind a real MG as is all of its ilk.
Cheers
Barry