PDA

View Full Version : Can somebody make a how-to on removing the Injectors?

Supervinnie40
9th July 2015, 11:04
Hi guys,

I have been wanting to replace my injectors, not because there is anything wrong with them, but because I like to do preventative maintenance.
After all, it is almost 16 years old now...

I have been going at it for about an hour this morning, but I can't seem to figure out how to remove them...

I'm not new on working on my car. I did the inlet manifold gasket last summer, and have done several big services on my own car and several others. I have even replaced a head gasket (with a fair bit of help) on a previous car.
But for the life of me... it seems like me mechanical mind has just vanished. I simply can figure out how to remove the injectors.

If anybody is willing to do a how-to, I would appreciate it (and I'm sure future forum-members will also be very thankfull).

Supervinnie40
12th July 2015, 10:52
Just wanna give this a gentle bump.

David Lawrence
12th July 2015, 11:11
Just wanna give this a gentle bump.

It would be helpful. I heard injectors are good for about 200k and one of my cars is 190k now so I might need to know how to do that as well.

Mike Noc
12th July 2015, 11:21
It would be helpful. I heard injectors are good for about 200k and one of my cars is 190k now so I might need to know how to do that as well.

Don't tell my diesel injectors that David - 368k and still going well. :D

If you are talking about the 1.8 injectors Supervinnie I think you have to remove the fuel rail complete with injectors and then unclip and remove each injector from the rail - but it was years ago when I did it, so I could be wrong. :getmecoat:

David Lawrence
12th July 2015, 11:30

If you are talking about the 1.8 injectors Supervinnie I think you have to remove the fuel rail complete with injectors and then unclip and remove each injector from the rail - but it was years ago when I did it, so I could be wrong. :getmecoat:

Hmm. I can go back to sleep then.

Thanks mike

Supervinnie40
12th July 2015, 12:18

You could be right about that, but to be honest I wouldn't know how to remove the fuel rail either... :duh:

planenut
12th July 2015, 13:01
Well Vinnie, it looks like you might be making the "how to" for the benefit of others. Speak to those that know, check the guidance in Haynes, look at Rave if you have it, then print it all out for yourself. Create the "how to" using photos and educate all those that follow.

good luck (you can tell I've not done it)