PDA

View Full Version : Remote Has Stopped Working

Drewski
9th July 2015, 13:28
Slight emergency here.....my remote won't open the car, I can get in with the key but can't seem to get past the immobiliser. Is there a special routine where I can use the key only or am I up the creek?
I did swap the body for the remote recently, the old one was worn so I just swapped the internals into a new case. The new case has falen apart now after about a year and the "unlock" button has a big hole in it.
How do you get into these things? I can't remember what I did last time :shrug:

Alan123
9th July 2015, 13:33
Did you put the transponder in out the old fob

Alan123
9th July 2015, 13:36
Did you put the little back transponder in out of the back of the old case

Drewski
9th July 2015, 13:40
Ah...remembered how to get inside, I'm hoping it's just the battery.Would the immobiliser not turn itself off if the battery was flat and I open the door with the key?

Yep...original transponder is in the case...I've been using it for the last year and it's been fine.

Sorry for any late replies, I'm in headless chicken mode.....MOT in the morning.

Alan123
9th July 2015, 13:54
If it is just the battery you should be able to use the key
Also make sure the black ring round key hole is intacked

Drewski
9th July 2015, 13:59
It's a bit strange because when I first tried using the key, i thought I'd try turning it twice to see if it opened the other doors...it did, but doesn't any more :shrug:

Thsi "black ring"...is that just inside the keyhole?

Drewski
9th July 2015, 14:05
It appears that my car battery is flat! How could that be? I've stuck it on charge..see what happens. I didn't leave anything on since I used the car last yesterday and no indication from the warning lights........

Alan123
9th July 2015, 18:50
It appears that my car battery is flat! How could that be? I've stuck it on charge..see what happens. I didn't leave anything on since I used the car last yesterday and no indication from the warning lights........
How did you get on matey :shrug:

Drewski
9th July 2015, 19:08
Well the battery had definitely run flat, I just can't work out how/why :shrug:
I stuck it on the charger for a couple of hours and it picked straight up. I'm going to be worried that it'll do it when least wanted now so would love to find out what drained the battery in the first place, it's only about 3 years old so should be OK. Only work done recently was to replace a tail light bulb a couple of days ago.....I've noticed the reversing beeper is sticking on, wonder if there's a short on that?

Mike Noc
9th July 2015, 19:19
A faulty fuel burning heater or Sat Nav can flatten the battery whilst the car is parked up.

Drewski
9th July 2015, 20:39
Thanks Mike...I did have some problems with the FBH before so will start there maybe.

Baahhhh....I hate electrics:rant: