PDA

View Full Version : Digital MPG readout after remap

macafee2
9th July 2015, 14:29
I had my CDT remapped to 160 some months ago. On the way home from the Peak District yesterday I set the digital MPG display to give me a running commentary, all be it in a digital display. It showed that I was getting anything from 55 to 61 mpg with the cruise control set to 70mph.
I think this is quite good.

My question is, how accurate would this have been and would the 160 remap confuse it to give me a false reading?

Thank you

macafee2

another_clean_sheet
9th July 2015, 16:10
The only way to check is to do a brim to brim to verify the actual mpg and then adjust the correction factor in the OBD

macafee2
9th July 2015, 17:41
OBD?
macafee2

another_clean_sheet
9th July 2015, 19:03
Apologies. "On Board Diagnostics". I will try and find the thread to tell you how to do it.

another_clean_sheet
9th July 2015, 19:06
Found it!
The following link covers all the OBD functions - http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=55585

marinabrian
9th July 2015, 21:43
I had my CDT remapped to 160 some months ago. On the way home from the Peak District yesterday I set the digital MPG display to give me a running commentary, all be it in a digital display. It showed that I was getting anything from 55 to 61 mpg with the cruise control set to 70mph.
I think this is quite good.

My question is, how accurate would this have been and would the 160 remap confuse it to give me a false reading?

Thank you

macafee2

Ian, the 160 upgrade won't affect the MPG reading on the trip computer at all, and certainly not in the way for instance if a common rail tuning box is fitted ;)

What does affect the readout is if the battery has been disconnected, or the MPG readout zeroed by holding in the button on the stalk switch.

I never reset mine, and the reading from the trip computer tallies within .2 MPG as an average over 10000 miles.

So yes the trip computer is accurate, and no it is not affected in any way by having the car 160 upgraded ;)

Hope this helps

Brian :D

another_clean_sheet
10th July 2015, 08:23
Thanks for that info Brian.
Andy (Trikey) amongst other work did a 160 remap for me last week. I am currently doing a brim to brim check as the computor is not giving me my normal readings. However I know from the clock and the radio that the battery was disconnected for a time.
Mike

macafee2
10th July 2015, 16:04
Ian, the 160 upgrade won't affect the MPG reading on the trip computer at all, and certainly not in the way for instance if a common rail tuning box is fitted ;)

What does affect the readout is if the battery has been disconnected, or the MPG readout zeroed by holding in the button on the stalk switch.

I never reset mine, and the reading from the trip computer tallies within .2 MPG as an average over 10000 miles.

So yes the trip computer is accurate, and no it is not affected in any way by having the car 160 upgraded ;)

Hope this helps

Brian :D

Thanks Brian, in that case I'm quite happy with the MPG I was getting.
I only checked out of curiosity

macafee2