PDA

View Full Version : Been to collect a new 75, Couple of questions

StephenEssex
9th July 2015, 18:27
Its a 2000 2.5 V6 Connie with 67k

Driving home I noticed two things;

When I gently rev the engine there is a water gurgling sound from behind the dash? Never heard this on my other 75. Its only when you give the engine a little rev.

Other thing is there is a knocking from the front, possibly NSF when going over bumps.

It drives lovely, purrs and stays nice and cool on the warm drive home.

RugbyRover
9th July 2015, 18:32
Water Gurgling Sound behind the dash sounds like its the Water Pump on its way out..... I had that the other week, changed the water pump, cam belt and tensioner and all is fine now......

Adie

StephenEssex
9th July 2015, 18:34
Thanks mate, handy to know.:cool:

Dorset Bob
9th July 2015, 18:36
The first thing that I would have a look at is water in the plenum and then the droplinks. :)

StephenEssex
9th July 2015, 18:54
The plenums look bone dry to me.

Will have to get it taken in soon and put up on the ramps, MOT is due in Aug :eek:

Jackedup
9th July 2015, 19:58
I have had exactly the same and would agree drop links and plem, I used a wire coat hanger to clean the pipe If it is drop links the top lock nut is very hard to remove and put back, having changed both droplinks in last 12 months got frustrated first time and used my angle grinder but last time I doctured a ring spanner by reducing it to about 3 inches long then cutting out a third of the ring to be able to place it in then used mowl gripps to unscrew.
hope this helps :}

StephenEssex
9th July 2015, 21:04
Thank you for the responses, I will have it taken in for a Pre MOT check later in the month. The car is now stored away for a couple of weeks, only got to drive it briefly after buying it :mad: