PDA

View Full Version : Reverse Sound Beeper

Rev Jules
11th July 2015, 12:41
[SIZE="3"][/SIZE

Hi.
Everything seems to be in order with my reverse sensors, example reverse light on all four sensors ticking away merrily, but don't have a beeper, is it possible it could malfunctioned and stopped working, I have gone down all avenues.

Cheers.

Rev Jules.

marinabrian
11th July 2015, 18:32
[SIZE="3"][/SIZE

Hi.
Everything seems to be in order with my reverse sensors, example reverse light on all four sensors ticking away merrily, but don't have a beeper, is it possible it could malfunctioned and stopped working, I have gone down all avenues.

Cheers.

Rev Jules.

Try leaving your lights on and seeing if the warning bong works with the key out of the ignition and the drivers door open ;)

Brian :D

Rev Jules
11th July 2015, 18:56
Try leaving your lights on and seeing if the warning bong works with the key out of the ignition and the drivers door open ;)

Many thanks for the info Brian, yes the warning bong works with the lights left on?

Rev Jules.

marinabrian
11th July 2015, 19:04
Well that discounts it being a KMB sounder variant of PDC

How old is the car Jules?

jackatesme
11th July 2015, 19:07
Many thanks for the info Brian, yes the warning bong works with the lights left on?

Rev Jules.
My hearing is not the best,but is there a different tone from beeper with reverse than there is from doors and lights.

Rev Jules
11th July 2015, 19:07
Well that discounts it being a KMB sounder variant of PDC

How old is the car Jules?

It is a 2003 V6 Tourer.

Rev Jules

marinabrian
11th July 2015, 19:17
It is a 2003 V6 Tourer.

Rev Jules

Might well be the black box PDC retrofit with a separate speaker in that case Jules.

Quite often used by dealers as a means of retrofitting PDC where cars came from the factory without.

I'm sure someone with such a system will be along soon to let you know the location of the PDC sounder, I'm sorry I can't assist, as every PDC retrofit I've been involved with included a ZCS coding change to KMB sounder....i.e. instrument pack :o

Rev Jules
11th July 2015, 19:58
My hearing is not the best,but is there a different tone from beeper with reverse than there is from doors and lights.

Yes there is but not on mine at the moment, it is a different tone on my other 75.

Rev Jules

jackatesme
12th July 2015, 12:22
Yes there is but not on mine at the moment, it is a different tone on my other 75.

Rev Jules
I am not technically minded but could there be 2 tones in beeper and the reverse 1 is not working,or it's not getting a signal from wherever:}. There will be somebody along with more knowledge who may understand what i mean.:}

Rev Jules
12th July 2015, 15:12
I am not technically minded but could there be 2 tones in beeper and the reverse 1 is not working,or it's not getting a signal from wherever:}. There will be somebody along with more knowledge who may understand what i mean.:}

Hi Mate.

Yes you are right. the beeper is in the IPK and is one and the same unit, need to check it out on a T4 maybe.

Rev Jules

raykay
12th July 2015, 15:56
Some factory systems had a separate sounder, under the parcel shelf in the saloons, behind the o/s loading bay trim in the tourers.

James.uk
12th July 2015, 16:03
The Black box (mounted in the boot near the filler pipe) seems to operate from the parcel shelf sounder, the beige/Grey (mounted in the same place) operates from the dash somewhere... :shrug:

I don't think either of them needs a T4 to get it working.. :}

Rev Jules
12th July 2015, 16:34
The Black box (mounted in the boot near the filler pipe) seems to operate from the parcel shelf sounder, the beige/Grey (mounted in the same place) operates from the dash somewhere... :shrug:

I don't think either of them needs a T4 to get it working.. :}

Hi James.
You misunderstood what I had meant, I was wondering if a T4 would tell me if the sounder which I believe on my Tourer is in the IPK,
was at fault everything else is working sound as a pound.

Rev Jules

James.uk
12th July 2015, 17:56
ooeerr... :duh: :o sorry dunno innit.. :shrug:

:D:D:D

RayH
12th July 2015, 18:42
Hi James.
You misunderstood what I had meant, I was wondering if a T4 would tell me if the sounder which I believe on my Tourer is in the IPK,

Rev Jules

If you have the lights on "bong" then, if you are correct that the sounder is on the IPK, the sounder is working.

Some factory systems had a separate sounder, under the parcel shelf in the saloons, behind the o/s loading bay trim in the tourers.
Have you checked to see if you have the sounder here, or if the box is black or grey/beige/mushroom/any colour other than black :}

RogerHeinz57
12th July 2015, 21:31
Hi James.

Rev Jules

Your Reverence, Bishop harrison has a sounder in the mobile beer cellar which I supplied today. Maybe worth giving him a shout to meet up. Thanks for the return of the components supplied.
See you at communion soon!
Cheers The Cardinal.

Rev Jules
13th July 2015, 08:49
Your Reverence, Bishop harrison has a sounder in the mobile beer cellar which I supplied today. Maybe worth giving him a shout to meet up. Thanks for the return of the components supplied.
See you at communion soon!
Cheers The Cardinal.

Hi John .

Your kindness is very much appreciated. I have noticed the picture
of you and Brendan at Kimbolton hope it all went off well,
any way I might have to impose on your goodwill once again opened the sunroof yesterday and it jammed halfway way back, tried to wind it back manually would no budge, took motor out still would not move with the key.
Managed to rip out the sliding cover and pull the glass back shut, but the rear part is still not flush with the roof of the car, is there a way of getting it closed completely.

Rev Jules