PDA

View Full Version : car wont start

gazzagb
12th July 2015, 19:54
have a mg zt diesel, had it awhile now and had problems with it for awhile too!!! first problem was it would just cut out,usually at about 60 mph....but mastered the art of putting it into neutral,and restarting it....which it always did..... back into drive off we went again.... Now to the second problem, it now wont start, not even with the magical easy start!!! have had it plugged in and reads codes P3505, P1260 ...... does anyone have any ideas?????? please!!!

COLVERT
12th July 2015, 20:10
That's odd that it wont start with 'easy start' cos all it has to do is suck it in and squash it------------------it then goes BANG.---:shrug:

No diesel, sensors or anything else needed. Just 'easy start'.

suzublu
12th July 2015, 20:12
P1260 THEFT Detected, Vehicle Immobilzed :shrug: Have you changed your key lately:cool:

suzublu
12th July 2015, 20:36
Correction http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=209307

marinabrian
13th July 2015, 06:46
P1260 THEFT Detected, Vehicle Immobilzed :shrug: Have you changed your key lately:cool:

P1260 = Pre fuel delivery pressure too low for starting ;)

Turn the key to position 2 allow 30 seconds to prime then attempt to start.

I would have to say it sounds a lot like injector leakback to me, so I would start with a leakback test first ;)

Brian :D

gazzagb
13th July 2015, 20:31
thanks for your replies......firstly.. i see your of the same thinking as me....easy start...squirt...bang..starts
suzublu..are you sure the code is the immobizler thing?? and no not changed the key....not done anything to it...
so im looking at the leakback test but would like to ask i drove it to where it is next day nothing so do injectors go just like that???? is there a quick way of checking faulty injectors??
i do have a rover 75 im using for spares, so can swap parts over till it does run!!! perhaps!!!!

suzublu
13th July 2015, 20:51
Hi Gary, the code I have is incorrect:o so as Brian said above, leak back test etc:shrug:

gazzagb
14th July 2015, 16:30
update..... had a go at it again today....followed the post on here about the leakback test.... and no diesel coming out of the top of any of the injectors....should be some??? or not??? and still doesnt start!!!!!!!

Mike Noc
14th July 2015, 17:54
Unplug the outlet pipe from the UBP pump where it enters the fuel filter and place in a large jar. With key to position II you should get a strong flow of fuel with no air in it for between 30 seconds to a minute.

If not the problem is on the LP side. Get back to us with the result and we can go from there. :D

Stickman
14th July 2015, 19:26
I'd have to agree with the other far more knowledgeable boys
Deffo sounds like injector leakback
Regards
Chris