PDA

View Full Version : Asmatic ZT-T CDTI

neilyh
14th July 2015, 19:56
Evening all.

my car has developed a lack of power and a pinking sound above 3200rpm with a slight release of smoke as well..feels asmatic after that.

Pinking sounds like an old school timing issue :shrug:

Has had a 160 remp but pick up and performance is fine up to that point.

any thoughts ??

Ta Neil

suffolk boy
14th July 2015, 19:59
it will do the turbo has quite a narrow powerband you are revving it above it.less revs change up quicker that is the way with a diesel

neilyh
15th July 2015, 16:52
thought so. Just feel I have noticed a bit more recently. Maybe making use of the remap a bit more :}

DMGRS
15th July 2015, 21:18
Mine doesn't sound particularly 'happy' above 3.7-3.8k, and certainly has an odd 'pinking' noise then.
But it does still pull very hard to the red line.

Avulon
15th July 2015, 22:05
I've never noticed any pinking from mine right up to 4,200 rpm and continues to pull pretty much all the way there when on the flat, less urgency once you get above 3,200 true, but taking it right up to 4,200 in third lets you drop it right onto peak power in 4th :). Of course for normal driving pretty much stay below 2,800 (even that might be considered excessive by some) and use the torque more. Getting up to a moderate speed can sometimes be done quicker by short shifting and using the torque keeping below 2400 just enough to get 200 rpm or so on turbo boost before snicking up gear. But for 0 to max speed as quick as possible rev the doodads off of it, staying out of the red of course. Just remember to give it some cooling time after doing that before turning off. :driving:

Avulon
15th July 2015, 22:22
Just had a quick superficial hunt around the net, one of the most likely sounding culprits is a valve (hydraulic) lifter having problems i.e. sticking or not getting enough oil or oil pressure at high revs. This could be due to partial blockage in the lifter I guess. Just fishing for ideas and throwing it out there at the moment.