PDA

View Full Version : Rover 214 central locking problem

Steve Powell
15th July 2015, 18:44
Hi all
I know I'm being cheeky to ask, but I'm being driven around the bend with my rover. I have a s reg bubble shape 214 with central locking from hell. It's starting making a rapid clicking noise on all three doors once I turn the ignition on and continues to click whilst I drive. As its doing this the rear de mister button is on too (not sure what the connection is). The central locking works to lock the car, but doesn't unlock,

Please try and help, as my 100 round mile trip for work is getting un bearable .

Cheers
Steve

mamasboy
15th July 2015, 19:16
found this on the web:

You may have to perform the following sequence if your vehicle's battery has gone flat or it is disconnected.

If your key fob has just stopped working try this:

1. Unlock your vehicle with the key in the drivers door lock, do not open the door.
2. Press the right hand button lock button (the button with the padlock symbol or the dimpled button) on the key fob 4 to 8 times.

If the above fails try this:

1. Open the key fob
2. Remove the battery
3. Press any button 10 ten times, and the same with the other button
4. Refit the battery or a new battery
5. Unlock the vehicle with the key in the drivers door lock, do not open the door
6. Press the right hand button lock button (the button with the padlock symbol or the dimpled button) on the key fob 4 to 8 times

roverbarmy
15th July 2015, 19:34
The wiring loom to the rear hatchbacks are notorious for chafing (look with hatch open at top right of opening). The wires then short between each other and cause all sorts of weird happenings. The wiring often has to be stripped back both ways to put right, or replace the loom to the hatch. There are how to's on the MG Rover forum.
Try HERE (http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=467219&highlight=tailgate+loom)
Mike

Steve Powell
16th July 2015, 07:07
Gents
Thank you SO much for your replies, really appreciate it.

Ill be checking these out tonight/over the weekend and Ill feedback.

Cheers
Steve