PDA

View Full Version : ecu

phil47
18th July 2015, 09:48
hi all my cruise control is not working im going to check the ecu where is it located please? cheers phil

MrDoodles
18th July 2015, 09:51
I'd check that the hall effect switches are correctly in place at the pedals 1st, as I've not heard of a cruise ECU failure on here! ;)

phil47
18th July 2015, 09:53
I'd check that the hall effect switches are correctly in place at the pedals 1st, as I've not heard of a cruise ECU failure on here! ;)right ok ive got no cc or radio controls?

MrDoodles
18th July 2015, 09:57
right ok ive got no cc or radio controls?

I'm no electrician, but I'm not sure that the cruise and radio controls are on the same circuit? :shrug:

Before you start raving the dash out, are your reversing lights working, as they are on the same fuse as the cruise?

I'm assuming of course that you have checked the fuses? :shrug:

Cruise is fuse 41 and 10 amp! :}

phil47
18th July 2015, 10:00
I'm no electrician, but I'm not sure that the cruise and radio controls are on the same circuit? :shrug:

Before you start raving the dash out, are your reversing lights working, as they are on the same fuse as the cruise?

I'm assuming of course that you have checked the fuses? :shrug:

Cruise is fuse 41 and 10 amp! :}right no i havent checked anything yet was going to start with the ecu make sure it there? where is the fuse locacted for the cc havent check reverse lights yet thanks

MrDoodles
18th July 2015, 10:05
Fuse box is under the glove box! :eek:

You do have to be quite flexible to get to it! ;)

phil47
18th July 2015, 10:08
Fuse box is under the glove box! :eek:

You do have to be quite flexible to get to it! ;)right ok thanks for that cheers phil

RayH
18th July 2015, 10:23
right ok ive got no cc or radio controls?

Isn't this the steering wheel connector slip-ring collar thingy? I believe that's the technical term :D

I'm sure if you do a quick search on the forum it'll bring it up.

MrDoodles
18th July 2015, 10:23
Isn't this the steering wheel connector slip-ring collar thingy? I believe that's the technical term :D

That was going to be my next suggestion! :bowdown:

phil47
18th July 2015, 10:28

rotary coupler? squib?

phil47
18th July 2015, 10:32
whats confusing me is that my steering wheel is smokestone but my interiou is sandstone so someone has had the wheel off for some reason probley sold the walnut steering wheel:mad:

RayH
18th July 2015, 10:43
whats confusing me is that my steering wheel is smokestone but my interiou is sandstone so someone has had the wheel off for some reason probley sold the walnut steering wheel:mad:

So have they ever worked since you had the car?
Do you have the main cruise button below the heater controls?

phil47
18th July 2015, 10:50
no never worked and yes i have the button

spyder
18th July 2015, 10:53

Does the hooter and steering audio controls work ?

RayH
18th July 2015, 10:54
no never worked and yes i have the buttonAt least you have the button, with the wheel swap I was wondering if someone had just slapped a wheel on with those buttons but they were not connected to anything.

I would investigate the connections to the wheel, does the horn work?

phil47
18th July 2015, 10:55
yes spyder the horn works but no radio controls

phil47
18th July 2015, 10:56
yeh im thinking the same ray somethings not quite right only thing is im not sure if the radio is coded or not?

RayH
18th July 2015, 11:05
yeh im thinking the same ray somethings not quite right only thing is im not sure if the radio is coded or not?

I think Reebs dealt with that in your other thread :D

phil47
18th July 2015, 11:09
so he did forgot about that:duh:

super s
18th July 2015, 11:20
the radio controls dont know why...

about the cc, behind the clutch pedal you will find a white conector that usually slides off place... try to fit it in place by pushing rear towrads you..

the cruise should work then.

phil47
18th July 2015, 11:24
ok ill try that thanks for that mate

RayH
18th July 2015, 11:54
so he did forgot about that:duh:

Anyway, back to the horn, does it work?

RayH
18th July 2015, 12:04
Phil, I notice that you asked about the rotary coupler back in June and Peter gave you the answer.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=2026677&postcount=6

Have you done anything with that?
Or are you just waiting for an answer that you like the look of? :D

phil47
18th July 2015, 14:05
horn works havent had the wheel off yet to check coupler im just double checking everything before i start