PDA

View Full Version : N/s/r rattle

Mal001
19th July 2015, 11:42
Hi

I have a rattle which is coming from the rear nearside wheel area. On initial inspection i cant see anything wrong. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. I do have the rear box with the outer skin eaten away a bit by rust.

Any ideas. ?

Thanks

First_damned
19th July 2015, 11:46
Maybe brake pad rattling

David Lawrence
19th July 2015, 11:53
Hi

I have a rattle which is coming from the rear nearside wheel area. On initial inspection i cant see anything wrong. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. I do have the rear box with the outer skin eaten away a bit by rust.

Any ideas. ?

Thanks

It could be the hold down pins from the handbrake shoes could have come away from the back plate

bigbaldbloke
19th July 2015, 12:13
Mine was a broken part of the rear spring rattling in the cup.

Mal001
19th July 2015, 14:06
Hi.

Story so far. Wheel off disc and caliper off. Spring appears in one piece. Pins appear to be still in correct place on back plate. Handbrake shoes secure. Hub nut to torque. Slider pins on calliper were all good and tight. Nothing appears loose/broken. Put everything back together and went down road rattle still there. It sounds like the baffle of the exhaust rattling in box but much more metallic and more prevalent when over poor road surfaces. Tried it with handbrake on, noise still there but not as loud, but, that might not be true and just me.. think i'm gonna remove the back box and see if that makes a difference. At least eliminate it from list of suspects.

First_damned
19th July 2015, 17:29
Ive got the same problem, driving me mad. Sounds like its coming from the front passenger side wheel.

Any ideas?

First_damned
19th July 2015, 20:43
Check your heatshields