PDA

View Full Version : Black Smoke

Kevr1
21st July 2015, 15:48
This morning on way to work my 2.0cdti gave a hicup and would not accelerate very well i now find that when i accelerate i am blowing black smoke i am sure i can hear the whistle from the turbo anyone any ideas whats gone wrong ????

spyder
21st July 2015, 16:04
Inter cooler pipe has come off, o-rings on inter cooler have failed, boost pipe split, connection to turbo has come adrift, EGR has failed and stuck open.

Ian G
21st July 2015, 16:11
Inter cooler pipe has come off, o-rings on inter cooler have failed, boost pipe split, connection to turbo has come adrift, EGR has failed and stuck open.

Wot he said .... start with the intercooler boost pipe and have a close look for a hole/split in it..
Cheers Ian

James.uk
21st July 2015, 16:57
I think the PCV filter is clogged up, given time that will ruin your turbo... :eek: :mad:...

With all the ideas put forward, Kevr is going to be busy innit... :)

Kevr1
21st July 2015, 17:55
Pipe had come loose was on with cable ties,now securely in place with jubilee clip . Thanks for the help guys

decebalus
26th July 2015, 17:47
Hi guys! I'm experiencing somehow the same problem. After a quick start and fast acceleration my turbo (Cdt) started to whistle. I saw that there's no black smoke and the sound is present all the time no matter the engine temperature. It's active from around 1800-2000 and rising on with the acceleration but only when I accelerate and a little after I step off the pedal. What could it be? I did a short video, I'm trying to find out where is the sound coming from, from the front near the intercooler or from the back where I know the turbo is. In the clip 1st part is at 3500 rpm, second at 2500 rpm. What do you think?

Rover 75 diesel turbo whistle: https://youtu.be/hTWpAMiGxYw