PDA

View Full Version : fan kept on running ?

geoff11
12th June 2008, 23:45
Today after driving 12 or so miles when i switched the car off the fan kept on running for about 15 mins, it kept running until i needed to get off home then 4 miles later parked it in the garage switched off and the fan was silent :lol: seems strange why it would do this as its never run after switching off the engine in the last two and a half years since buying the car ? temp was below normal as well

Jules
12th June 2008, 23:57
2 common causes for this:

1,Coolant Temp sensor is going out of Spec.
2,Cooling fan control box relay on the way out. (big strip down job!)

If you do need to access the fan control box have a look at this idea
(easy access for the future)
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=21388&highlight=reposition+control+box

Let us know what the outcome is

Jules
8th July 2008, 17:23
Well Geoff any news??:confused:

geoff11
8th July 2008, 20:43
Thanks Jules, luckily the car hasn't done it again since fingers crossed its ok :lol:

GrahamP
9th July 2008, 00:00
Today after driving 12 or so miles when i switched the car off the fan kept on running for about 15 mins, it kept running until i needed to get off home then 4 miles later parked it in the garage switched off and the fan was silent :lol: seems strange why it would do this as its never run after switching off the engine in the last two and a half years since buying the car ? temp was below normal as well

Get the same occasionally on my Ford Fusion, usually happens on a hot day and a short run 5 - 10 miles, caused by the Air Con running at max capacity trying to get the inside temp down and parking the car before it has achieved it. Air Con system is up at max temp so the fan continues to run on the cool everything down. Fusions only done 9906 miles from new. Had it's first service last week, including full Air Con check at Local Ford dealer, service manager said it was normal behaviour designed to protect the Air Con system from excessive high Temps after the vehicle is parked.