PDA

View Full Version : Car parts 4 less / ecp suspension arm

myfirstrover
21st July 2015, 20:15
The lower front suspension arm ( made by OCAP ) I fitted a month ago for the MOT has failed already ! the lower ball joint has given up the ghost after 800 miles :eek: Car was wandering all over the road , I just hope nobody else has the same trouble

barney bear
21st July 2015, 20:22
That would be going back the shop so fast it would break the sound barrier:eek: I bought one of eBay for about £30 with a years guarantee and it's covered 4000 miles upto now with no problems.

wullie480
21st July 2015, 20:25
The lower front suspension arm ( made by OCAP ) I fitted a month ago for the MOT has failed already ! the lower ball joint has given up the ghost after 800 miles :eek: Car was wandering all over the road , I just hope nobody else has the same trouble

Lasted no time at all.

Are you sure it was fitted correctly and the pinch bolt tightened properly?
Seen it before where the lower pinch bolt hasn't been tightened properly and has worn the hub causing excessive play, new hub and wishbone was required.

myfirstrover
21st July 2015, 20:57
Lasted no time at all.

Are you sure it was fitted correctly and the pinch bolt tightened properly?
Seen it before where the lower pinch bolt hasn't been tightened properly and has worn the hub causing excessive play, new hub and wishbone was required.

pinch bolt nice and tight , the arm was removed today in the ball joint is very loose

DMGRS
22nd July 2015, 16:19
Try one of ours - around 120 sets sold without issue so far. :)
Rover 75 Front Lower Arms - LH or RH (http://www.dmgrs.co.uk/search?q=Rover+75+front+lower+arm)

marinabrian
23rd July 2015, 00:00
I find it prudent to remove the dust covers of any new ball joint and work plenty of good quality grease into the joint.

I bought new a new track rod end from ECP for the 45 recently, and upon removing the boot, found the joint to be almost bone dry :eek:

This practice stems from my time having a daily runner fitted with grease nipples, a stitch in time saves nine ;)

Brian :D

myfirstrover
23rd July 2015, 11:28
Retro fit grease nipples , a very good idea , how hard is that to do ?

MrLongbeard
23rd July 2015, 11:45
Try one of ours - around 120 sets sold without issue so far. :)
Rover 75 Front Lower Arms - LH or RH (http://www.dmgrs.co.uk/search?q=Rover+75+front+lower+arm)

Been running these from DMGRS for 30,000 odd miles, no bother or problems to report.

hamster19
23rd July 2015, 12:17
Brian; 'a stitch in time saves nine', nice one, haven't heard that one for
ages . :}

myfirstrover
24th July 2015, 20:18
Just a quick update on this , had a lot of e-mails from ECP who seem to be doing everything in their power to be awkward about me returning this arm , I offered to take it to the local branch which initially they were happy with , but today I get an e-mail insisting that I down load some forms from them , fill them in and post the arm and all paperwork back to them in Wembley , all at my expense ! I seem to be dealing with different people who all have different ideas on how to resolve this ?

Groundhog
24th July 2015, 20:53
Just a quick update on this , had a lot of e-mails from ECP who seem to be doing everything in their power to be awkward about me returning this arm , I offered to take it to the local branch which initially they were happy with , but today I get an e-mail insisting that I down load some forms from them , fill them in and post the arm and all paperwork back to them in Wembley , all at my expense ! I seem to be dealing with different people who all have different ideas on how to resolve this ?

Jon. If you bought it from ECP try sending a PM to them through the forum, I have found that way very helpful.