PDA

View Full Version : Hollow Tree Meet - Tuesday 4th August 2015

vindaloo
21st July 2015, 20:50
Our next evening meet is going to be at 19:00 Tuesday 4th August at the Hollow Tree in Stretton.

Come one, come all, everyone is welcome. I will probably be there for about 19:00 to get some food.

Please don't turn up and leave without finding us, if you want my mobile number, please send me a PM to ask for it

Please be aware that regional meets are not official 75 & ZT Owners Clubs meets and as such are not covered by the clubs public liability insurance.

Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

rich17865
21st July 2015, 20:59
It would be silly not to.

vindaloo
21st July 2015, 21:02
See you there

wooly12345
21st July 2015, 21:03
Should be there :D

MDMH757
31st July 2015, 12:10
Good day Chaps,

I will be there to on Tuesday!

wooly12345
31st July 2015, 21:05
Evening Chaps,

I'm deciding whether to buy some but it really makes sense to buy it in bulk...

When its not in bulk the cheapest I can find is £7 for 250ml...

I can buy 5 litres for about £60 meaning 250ml at that price would cost £3 instead of £7...

Does anyone fancy a litre, the reason why I've posted it here as it wouldn't really make it as cost effective if i had to post it so i'm thinking i split the 5 litres into 1 litre containers at £12 each and give them out at the meet...

Any takers...

Here's some info on the additive which I'd say its the best I've used and I've tested a fair few such as Comma's, Carlube, STP, Wynns, Redex etc

Millers Oils Diesel Power Ecomax fuel treatment
High specification diesel fuel additive treatment for enhanced combustion efficiency and engine cleanliness, now with improved detergency. Millers Oils Diesel Power Ecomax For use in all diesel vehicles including modern Euro IV compliant engines. By addition to fuel in the ratio 1 part to 1000 parts [1 ml/L]. May also be used at double strength for additional performance.
Dosage: 50ml treats 50L of diesel

Reviews:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B002WCAISS

rich17865
31st July 2015, 21:27
Evening Chaps,

I'm deciding whether to buy some but it really makes sense to buy it in bulk...

When its not in bulk the cheapest I can find is £7 for 250ml...

I can buy 5 litres for about £60 meaning 250ml at that price would cost £3 instead of £7...

Does anyone fancy a litre, the reason why I've posted it here as it wouldn't really make it as cost effective if i had to post it so i'm thinking i split the 5 litres into 1 litre containers at £12 each and give them out at the meet...

Any takers...

Here's some info on the additive which I'd say its the best I've used and I've tested a fair few such as Comma's, Carlube, STP, Wynns, Redex etc

Millers Oils Diesel Power Ecomax fuel treatment
High specification diesel fuel additive treatment for enhanced combustion efficiency and engine cleanliness, now with improved detergency. Millers Oils Diesel Power Ecomax For use in all diesel vehicles including modern Euro IV compliant engines. By addition to fuel in the ratio 1 part to 1000 parts [1 ml/L]. May also be used at double strength for additional performance.
Dosage: 50ml treats 50L of diesel

Reviews:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B002WCAISS

Save your money, get a Terraclean at the Atherton garage meet, it has been proven with T4 to work.

wooly12345
31st July 2015, 21:29
Whats the average cost Rich?

rich17865
31st July 2015, 21:31
Whats the average cost Rich?

PM Jim as there are special rates on the day.

DerekS
3rd August 2015, 18:03
I have a new cabin air filter that needs fitting .
Would it be possible for someone to do this for me at the Tuesday meet tomorrow ?
I prevented the local oil change garage from doing this , as last time they lost several screen poppers and didnt tell me .
Thanks .. in anticipation ... Derek .

rich17865
3rd August 2015, 19:55
Sure Derek :) no worries

vindaloo
4th August 2015, 22:30
Good turnout this evening, thanks all for attending.
Special good wishes to DerekS on your birthday & thanks for the drink.

Frank Incensed
4th August 2015, 22:42
Good food, great banter, pleasant limited edition "Garden Rose" J2O.

Beautiful Celestial Tourer, Mr Jones (although I still think Jim's press car is the best Rover Tourer I've seen).

Well done, Rich. Lovely 1.8T for less than the price of a small fridge.

I must get out more (as someone on the Forum says in their signature).

Robert

Frank Incensed
4th August 2015, 22:59
Happy Birthday Derek. Many happy returns.

Thanks for the drink and many apologies. Apparently someone said it was your birthday when the drink arrived, but (among other things) my hearing is getting worse.

As always, best wishes to you.

Robert

:birthday:

vindaloo
5th August 2015, 05:55
Good food, great banter, pleasant limited edition "Garden Rose" J2O.

Beautiful Celestial Tourer, Mr Jones (although I still think Jim's press car is the best Rover Tourer I've seen).

Well done, Rich. Lovely 1.8T for less than the price of a small fridge.

I must get out more (as someone on the Forum says in their signature).

Robert

Thank you Robert.
Nice to see you & Jimbo in daylight for a change & BTW as nice as Rich' s 1.8 is, it's not a 'T'.

Frank Incensed
5th August 2015, 07:39
............... as nice as Rich' s 1.8 is, it's not a 'T'.

Me assuming things, Jim. Because of Rich enthusing about its performance, after (some months ago) referring to the normally aspirated 1.8 he had then as being "asthmatic"".

vindaloo
5th August 2015, 07:47
They generally are, but I think this one has had a lung transplant.

J1MBO
5th August 2015, 08:54
Great evening in good company :cool:.

My thanks as ever to my chauffeur, and all round nice guy, Robert :bowdown:.

However, apologies for not noticing/remembering his tourer's rear suspension had been replaced, even though he ably demonstrated this fact with a little off-piste motoring during the journey :getmecoat:.

DerekS
5th August 2015, 09:30
An interesting and enjoyable evening .
Many thanks to Rich for attending to my cabin filter . The pong of stale feet has now been replaced by that of Rich's grazed knuckles .
Frank (Robert) ..... I can lend you one of my NHS ears, but that doesnt help tfhe memory . I will have to print off name stickers for you all, like Dame Edna Everidge used to do .

Nurse .. Its time for my pills . :cloud9:

MDMH757
5th August 2015, 10:01
Hi Chaps,

Enjoyable evening last night, good banter, good food and company...

Belated Happy Birthday Derek, thank you for the drink....

Rich..... that car is a Peach!!!, very nice indeed, :drool4: you done a great job!! well worth your asking price... would make a great 2nd car..... but my wife would kill me!!!

Cheers

Maurice