PDA

View Full Version : V6 running rough it seems

STUBIE
21st July 2015, 22:18
Had the thermostat changed on Sunday drove back from Lates with no problem.

However went to drive the car tonight and it sounded like it was rough and lumpy.

Put the ODD reader on it and see the fault

P0261 - Powertrain
Cylinder 1 Injector low circuit.

Could an injector been damaged ? or any other pointers

Stubs

SD1too
22nd July 2015, 07:10
You need to tell Mr. Lates in the first instance.

Simon

STUBIE
22nd July 2015, 19:35
Well that was an easy fix as I suspected something simple, the electrical connector onto the injector was not firmly seated, so pushed it home cleared the fault and started the car, re-scanned and fault gone.

Perhaps a little more constructive response would not have gone amiss.

So for anyone with the fault code heres one of the reasons.

Stubs

SD1too
22nd July 2015, 20:04
Perhaps a little more constructive response would not have gone amiss.
It was a constructive response Stubs. Isn't it the obvious first step if a fault develops immediately after a trader has been working on your car? You were lucky that it was something simple. Had your efforts been unsuccessful, what would you have done then? ;)

I think that the point is that you should give the trader a chance to correct any accidental faults before publicising your misfortune.

Simon

STUBIE
22nd July 2015, 20:31
I wasn't publicizing my misfortune I was asking for help.

I was making people aware that I had had my stat changed and was asking those that had done it if they had any thoughts on the issue when the car drove back absolutely smooth on Sunday.

I know Lates and Pete are gods of the Rover 75 but there little they can do from 70 miles away.

Anyway fault resolved and a thread updated with a fix should anyone else have the issue.

Stubs

Lates
24th August 2015, 20:45
Stu, good to hear all was a quick fix, you should of called me. This is why the top cover stays off until the car warms up and no fuel leaks confirmed after splitting the rail. See you soon buddy 👍