PDA

View Full Version : Maximum flow ztt cdti

nozzledrip
21st July 2015, 23:15
Hi all,

Newb here, first post.. probably in the wrong place just go easy on me! Would like to ask if anyone knows how i can further my quest to get my ztt cdti breathing.. fully! I've had it about 6 weeks now and from the off i knew it needed some work to get it back to full health. I've loved zt's for a good while now and when this one came along at a good price, the tinker in me couldn't resist the challenge! thing is, i've fallen a little flat on ideas of what to do next that a) wont break the bank and b) are within my capabilities. So far i have:-

Fitted a ronbox 2a and pierburg maf (old maf was on its last legs!!)
upgraded pcv
fitted an egr delete kit
cleaned the unbelievable amounts of crud from the air intake:eek:
fitted 76mm neoprene ducting to the air box terminating behind lower nearside area of bumper

Im happy to say that my ztt went from a barely cared for, asthmatic wheezer, occasionally coughing and spluttering to something much more powerful with really smooth acceleration quite literally overnight....

BUT.... i cant help but feel there is more to unleash. i've read masses on catalytic converters but i really need advice on what's legalillegal before i commit to any change. Can anybody suggest where to go from here?

Any advice/help/suggestions much appreciated.

Dragrad
21st July 2015, 23:25
Well you could always do the 160 remap, but would need the removal of the S2 and PB MAF to fit either the original Bosch MAF or the now available PB direct replacement MAF (which I believe is now available);)

Removal of the CAT supposedly gives you another 5-8bhp... However according to the threads the jury is still out on this. You could de-cat the box and leave in place so it would appear that it is there, but as to the legality of this action I do not know....:shrug::shrug: It is something that I am considering as it is only a visual inspection for the MoT ;);)

nozzledrip
21st July 2015, 23:40
Thanks dragrad, will look into your suggestions.. think i'll be looking at the exhaust first though having just bought the ronbox.:duh: have done quite a bit of reading as i mentioned on the de-cat and the method you outlined is very appealing, do you know if the exhaust diameter is good once unrestricted, or could it do with widening?

Dragrad
22nd July 2015, 00:07
Thanks dragrad, will look into your suggestions.. think i'll be looking at the exhaust first though having just bought the ronbox.:duh: have done quite a bit of reading as i mentioned on the de-cat and the method you outlined is very appealing, do you know if the exhaust diameter is good once unrestricted, or could it do with widening?
Drop the box, cut in, remove the Cat, re-weld the top and replace. No problem with sizing etc...
http://robsspace.co.uk/simples.jpg:D:D

DMGRS
22nd July 2015, 16:23
Yep, as above - either gut the cat, or fit a stainless steel free-flowing exhaust (made a difference on my first 75, and soon to be on my ZT-T too) and have a false cat fitted. :)