PDA

View Full Version : Front Drop Link Bolt Size

Jakg
22nd July 2015, 07:05
Anyone know what size the bolts on the front drop link are? I need to replace them.

Rimmers have the top and bottom ones listed as different part numbers even though I thought they were the same.

David Lawrence
22nd July 2015, 18:41
Anyone know what size the bolts on the front drop link are? I need to replace them.

Rimmers have the top and bottom ones listed as different part numbers even though I thought they were the same.

Bolts?

If you mean the nuts then the one that goes through the anti roll bar and in to the strut take a 17mm spanner on the replacements. If i recall the oem ones we 15mm to start with using a kind of flanged nut instead.

the threaded part of the drop link is part of the ball joint and so replacing the drop link usually gets you a nut as well.

Post up a link to the part on rimmers you refer to, we may be able to advise further.

Jakg
22nd July 2015, 19:03
Bolts?

If you mean the nuts then the one that goes through the anti roll bar and in to the strut take a 17mm spanner on the replacements. If i recall the oem ones we 15mm to start with using a kind of flanged nut instead.

the threaded part of the drop link is part of the ball joint and so replacing the drop link usually gets you a nut as well.

Post up a link to the part on rimmers you refer to, we may be able to advise further.D'oh, of course I meant nuts!

Yes I think they are 15 or 17mm but it's not the spanner I size I need, I'm after the dimensions so I can buy some more - mine were all mangled going back on but I had nothing else to replace them with, it'd be nice to have some fresh bolts in the shed for next time!

David Lawrence
22nd July 2015, 19:12
D'oh, of course I meant nuts!

Yes I think they are 15 or 17mm but it's not the spanner I size I need, I'm after the dimensions so I can buy some more - mine were all mangled going back on but I had nothing else to replace them with, it'd be nice to have some fresh bolts in the shed for next time!

Just measured the threaded rod on a spare link here as M10 x 1.5mm so look for any suitable nut for that thread with a nyloc insert. They are grade 10.9 on the one i have here but i cant remember if that nut came with it or if i bought them separately as Ive had it for quite some time.