PDA

View Full Version : aircon regas

RPWC
22nd July 2015, 18:01
Approximately how long does the job take,30 minutes,an hour,2 hours?
Just asking,so I can plan when I get mine done.

Davemate
22nd July 2015, 18:05
30 mins aprox
But ask the question when you book it to be done, I've had it done twice, once on a Volvo and last week on my matiz on both times it was about 30-40 mins

RPWC
22nd July 2015, 18:11
30 mins aprox
But ask the question when you book it to be done, I've had it done twice, once on a Volvo and last week on my matiz on both times it was about 30-40 mins

Thanks, thats all I need,just an average time scale, near enough

Vossy
22nd July 2015, 19:05
Mine was in for an hour, they run a vacuum test for 35 minutes before re-gassing to eliminate any possible leaks or problems, re-gassed with a shot of PAG oil and UV dye just in case of any problems.

SD1too
22nd July 2015, 19:12
30 mins aprox ..
Rich,

You should allow about an hour. Having evacuated the refrigerant, the system vacuum should be maintained for at least 30 minutes to ensure that stored moisture in the drier is withdrawn. Add onto that the time taken to recharge, check pressures and leak detection takes you beyond 30 minutes for a proper job.

The fast fit boys are best avoided. I've found that the independent mobile practitioners are the best.

Simon

arodriguez
22nd July 2015, 19:38
Had mine done at Kwik Fit for £30. It's all done by an automated machine which vacs down and refills with correct oil and gas. Took about 50 mins and still going strong 3 yrs later..