PDA

View Full Version : Job for the weekend then!!

75tourer
24th July 2015, 13:20
Just pulled the bonnet release and got the dreaded loose handle. I have already done the splitter box mod so suspect that one of the cables from the splitter box to either lock has snapped. Does this sound about right? At least Rimmers have new cables in stock albeit at a pricey £28 plus delivery. Will also probably need a new lock pin if the hacksaw needs to come into action. I take it that the bumper/slam panel needs to come off to replace the cable- is this so?

Thanks

75tourer
24th July 2015, 19:51
Well that was a bit awkward. The nearside cable had snapped. Had to use the hacksaw method. Wont go into great details as not the sort of info to divulge on an internet forum but most members will know after giving a mod a pm. Better to find out now that it had snapped than when i needed the bonnet opened urgently. Stripdown and new cable to follow-yipee

jonc3725
24th July 2015, 21:40
Just pulled the bonnet release and got the dreaded loose handle. I have already done the splitter box mod so suspect that one of the cables from the splitter box to either lock has snapped. Does this sound about right? At least Rimmers have new cables in stock albeit at a pricey £28 plus delivery. Will also probably need a new lock pin if the hacksaw needs to come into action. I take it that the bumper/slam panel needs to come off to replace the cable- is this so?

Thanks

Yes mate bumper off and the slam panel unbolted (but does not need to be fully removed). Good idea changing both cables:D