PDA

View Full Version : Rescue of a a.8 Turbo (help)

Dominic22
6th August 2015, 20:35
I have got ZT-T 1.8 turbo that arrived a couple of days ago. The previous owner stated that he was driving home on a long trip and a few miles from home it started smoking.

The car is not losing coolant but has a very bad oil leak from somewhere on the left hand side (alternator & belt is soaked) the exhaust is throwing loads of smoke out that smells very oily.. I am no expert on this engine but could it be as simple as a gasket leaking on the rocker cover? any advice gratefully received.

marinabrian
6th August 2015, 23:33
I have got ZT-T 1.8 turbo that arrived a couple of days ago. The previous owner stated that he was driving home on a long trip and a few miles from home it started smoking.

The car is not losing coolant but has a very bad oil leak from somewhere on the left hand side (alternator & belt is soaked) the exhaust is throwing loads of smoke out that smells very oily.. I am no expert on this engine but could it be as simple as a gasket leaking on the rocker cover? any advice gratefully received.

Turbo has bought the farm Dom, remove the inlet air hose and check the impeller for axial play ;)

Brian :D