PDA

View Full Version : Zaino on my 75

MrBitsy
19th June 2008, 11:46
Applied two layers on Z5 topped with Z6 then fished with a layer of Z2 topped with Z8

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ray.keattch/Car/zaino/ZainoDetail/

Products are great to apply and remove easily. The finish is very slick indeed.

brum29
19th June 2008, 12:49
Hi there, are you the same nice Mr. Bitsy that's coming to the Yorky meeting and doing a demo because if you are I must say I really do admire your work, your car looks absolutely terrific. Can I ask how long it took you to complete all those layers and are those Z thingies a different type of polish, only apart from Turtle Wax I'm unaware of all these other makes.

I say again what a super shine on your car you must be very proud of your efforts and I agree with comments stated elsewhere that it does feel good to drive a car in that loverly condition (not that I'd know, mine never anywhere as good as that).

(Oh, by the way will my car look like that after the meeting only Dave said he was going to have a word with you as he wants to put my car forward for the demo) :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

windrush
19th June 2008, 13:11
It is certainly a credit to yo Mr Bitsy but just how long did it take

MrBitsy
19th June 2008, 13:46
Time isn't important when cleaning a Rover 75 :D This detail took 2 days to complete.

Day 1

1.. Wash car
2.. Clay car (rarely done but so important)
3.. Clean paint (Meguiars paint cleaner)
4.. 2 layers of Z5 topped with Z6

Day 2

1.. 1 Layer of Z2 topped with Z8
2.. Wheels cleaned with Chemical Guys wheel sealant
3.. All black external trim cleaned with Sonus trim detailer
4.. Tyres coated with Z16 tyre gloss
5.. Windows cleaned with Z12 glass polish

Day 3..

Photographs and forum posts :D

The car didn't need anything doing to it, but it is a 75 and I am on annual leave - polishing the car is a pleasure so no hassle at all. I had read about the Zaino products so fancied giving them a go - glad I did as the Zaino range is now my favourite.

I had the car machine polished a month ago to get rid of swirl marks - I did consider buying a Megs 220, but the danger there is removing the paint in a month from over use :D

Tatts
19th June 2008, 14:48
I've used my Megs 220 to do a correction, but I chickened out on some of the deeper swirls. Need to get an old door or something to practice on!

I also use the 220 for applying wax using a 4" pad - no effort at all!

How do find that Zaino compared to Nattys Blue? (Finish & ease of use?).

MrBitsy
19th June 2008, 15:20
Never used that wax. Of the waxes I have used, the Zaino polishes are removed easier, even after drying for a couple of hours.

Tatts
19th June 2008, 15:50
I'm currently using R222 Carnauba Wax, but when it's finished, back to Nattys Blue for me.

trebor
19th June 2008, 15:54
another Nattys Blue fan here !

Timbo.P6
20th June 2008, 22:24
:drool4:mr bitsy did you sea that telegragh pole in the middle of your bonnet but really a1+++ job well full time job :drool4::drool4:

MrBitsy
21st June 2008, 10:22
Hi there, are you the same nice Mr. Bitsy that's coming to the Yorky meeting and doing a demo .... (Oh, by the way will my car look like that after the meeting only Dave said he was going to have a word with you as he wants to put my car forward for the demo) :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Demo - nobody has asked me about a demo :shrug: I am happy to take part in one though :lol:

I do not have a rotary polisher like the Megs 220, but I don't suppose we will have access to power anyway. If we do have power, then someone else will need to do the Megs 220 bit. What we can do is clay, polish, sealant/wax etc.

Oh, make sure your car is absolutely clean when you attend :lol:

windrush
21st June 2008, 12:06
Well done Ray I wish I could be up there in attendance

brum29
21st June 2008, 12:15
Thank you very much Mr. Bitsy I shall make sure its as clean as I can get it ( not taking into account travelling up to the meeting).

I am sorry that nobody has asked you to do a demo but it's there plain and clear to anyone who reads the thread about the meeting that you will do a demo. Will have to have strong words with Mr. Dave Stocktake and Mr. Lee Raggity, I think thats very bad manners of them to say you will do theses things without asking first I am very :o now as I would not impose myself on anyone without asking first. I still think you are a very, very nice man.

Tatts
21st June 2008, 12:35
If anyone has a portable generator, I'll bring my Megs DA 220 to play with!

windrush
21st June 2008, 13:08
I have got one but its too far for me to come

podge
21st June 2008, 16:08
That is quite something Ray and a credit to you, the reflection in the last shot is allmost like water.P.

brum29
21st June 2008, 16:13
Hi Mr. Bitsy I've given those two a very severe telling off for not asking you in the first place and do apologise for assuming they had but the good news is a gererator will be available if required, so I have been told. :lol:

Simon
21st June 2008, 18:53
If anyone has a portable generator, I'll bring my Megs DA 220 to play with!

Not wanting to spoil the fun but if someone does take one along you best check with the venue before hand if operating a generator is allowed on their grounds. Nobody would want things ending in tears.

stocktake
21st June 2008, 20:13
As per other thread a 650w suitcase generator will be available for use if reqd ( hope 650w is big enough, it has run 1000w before) as you know the park does cater for touring caravans so the use of the generator would not pose a problem :)

Tatts
21st June 2008, 21:01
Are those lakes there salt or fresh water though?

ragitty
21st June 2008, 21:02
Good point Paul, you could always try a glassful :D